E60 Brake caliper caping

mel7711

Anyway I can get the Yellow color brake caliper cap over our stock caliper? juz the look only.

No budget to change whole thing leh..

Re: E60 Brake caliper caping

Seriously if it is calliper cover, you be better off with stock. I haven come across any bimmer with calliper cover....

Buywellsellwell;817052 said:
Dun let Atas MW c this thread. U will feel demoralize for even having that thought. Haha

bo bian la... saya no budget E60 leh

Dude, it's not about the cost...

The covers are usually made of plastic, which tends to melt at high temperature.

Even during daily driving, brake components are subjected to a lot of heat stress, which is why none of the essential brake parts like calipers and discs are not made of plastic.

If the cover melts and fuse to your calipers, it might be messy when you need to need to change remove the calipers to change your brake pads.

In the worst case scenario, something hard (like a stone) gets wedged between the calipers and your rims when you are driving at speed, causing the plastic to 'explode' into little bits of shrapnel, slicing your brake line, causing catastrophic brake failure.

Not frightening you - it has happened before. Go google it...

The calipers also need to cool down quickly after heating up during braking (otherwise your brake fluid will start to heat up until it starts to boil - very bad news), so that it can work effectively the next time you need to slow down. How is it going to cool down if you cover it with a piece of plastic?

If you can't stretch your budget to aftermarket calipers, don't mess with your stock brakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

mel7711;816514 said:
Anyway I can get the Yellow color brake caliper cap over our stock caliper? juz the look only.

No budget to change whole thing leh..

why not just have your stock caliper sprayed?

cheers

Kena Liao. Sometimes I dont understand why people want to do that in the first place. Like what AC323 said.....just spray. But then, U need to go to workshop and take the tires down and everything all cost more than $100. Save the money and use that money to buy teh tarik for everyone when we gather gather during the next outing.

mel7711;817596 said:
hahahaha... the whole set of brakes cost 10k leh

The BMW performance brake ( yellow colour) for e60 front is about 3k plus as quoted in other thread. I suggest ta Han a bit n change later...or look out for used one. Maybe 2k plus. No point putting cover. Also if u on stock kit n rim, put brake cover very obiang....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win79bingo
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back