E60 coolant reservoir top-up

Golf-mass

I am driving a 2004 e60 with 70k Milage. Needs to top-up coolant reservoir every 2-3 weeks with about 300ml of water. Is it normal . Btw I top it up with tap water only. , will it damage the car . Thinking going to petrol kiosk to buy coolant for future top up , what spec of coolant is for E60 ? Anyone out there can advise ? Thks

Re: E60 coolant reservoir top-up

Confirm leaking either from the hose or radiator ! Best to send for a check.

Best to use distilled water for top up.

Check the top hose, i think theres a leak. It not normal.

Golf-mass;690708 said:
I am driving a 2004 e60 with 70k Milage. Needs to top-up coolant reservoir every 2-3 weeks with about 300ml of water. Is it normal . Btw I top it up with tap water only. , will it damage the car . Thinking going to petrol kiosk to buy coolant for future top up , what spec of coolant is for E60 ? Anyone out there can advise ? Thks

As I always driving in start stop n heavy traffic or traffic jam condition , will it cause the coolant level in revervior to drop ? And also to top up with tap water ok ?

Somewhere is leaking.... Go check....

Golf-mass;690754 said:
As I always driving in start stop n heavy traffic or traffic jam condition , will it cause the coolant level in revervior to drop ? And also to top up with tap water ok ?
It will drop but not every 2-3 wks. I would advice against tap water as it contain loads of impurity. I always keep a bottle of distilled water at home for that purpose.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uk88zone

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back