E60 Exhaust Manifolds

titanic

Anything in the market to increase hp for E60 by changing exhaust manifolds with 100 or 200-cell high-flow cats?

Re: E60 Exhaust Manifolds

hiop exhaust manifolds with 0-cell cats are available from J4C....... if you really need cats, you'll have to add them onto your midpipes.

i dont think theres manifolds for the N52 engine..the one J4C selling is for M54 engine

oops, didn't notice that his had the N52. apologies, i haven't a clue about what's available then.

Racing Dynamics has a set of manifold and sport cats for E60. Does anyone know where I can find their dealer in Singapore? I would like to check whether it works for N52. Thanks.

Just fitted Hiop headers from Juzz4Cars. Phew..! The car suddenly feels so much lighter and the exhaust note...wah… To get maximum benefit from this setup, it’s advisable to change your rear muffler too. I’m on a Remus back box as I prefer to sound to a supersprint.

Anyway, make sure that you change the middle resonator. Due to the increased flow, the plates in the Resonator will rattle and you get a really irritating resonance at 2000 rpm.

The only solution to this will be to replace the resonator with an absorptive silencer (aka hotdog) but beware, because the BM’s exhaust temperatures are unusually high, the filling in these "hotdog" usually either fly out or harden within a really short period of time.

Another solution would be to cut out the resonator completely but this is not advisable unless you want to tell people you are coming a mile away.

My solution is actually to operate the original resonator. Due to the space constraints and the lack of already little ground clearance, I am in the process of taking the original resonator down and cutting it open. I would then fabricate a y piece to convert the two 2” pipes from the manifold to a single 3” pipe (same as original arrangement). Remember to perforate this y piece for the exhaust gas to react with the filling to attenuate the sound. Inside, I will fill this with my secret recipe of stainless steel shavings and wool. This is to dampen the sound and since this is an absorptive silencers and not a reactive one with plates inside, it wouldn’t vibrate like the original item.

Can’t wait to do it and hear what the end result will be.

titanic;225843 said:
Racing Dynamics has a set of manifold and sport cats for E60. Does anyone know where I can find their dealer in Singapore? I would like to check whether it works for N52. Thanks.

Have not come across anyone yet that deals with RD Sport in Singapore. I'm hutning down a set of RHD E64 650i headers myself. Cost is quite high but seems like I got a good deal from the boss himself. Let me know how keen you are, maybe we can negotiate under one single order.

titanic;225843 said:

Just email them. They are quite prompt with their replies. As fopr local agents, not sure about that too. I have yet to come across any Co. that officially brings these parts in. I've an order for a set of headers (E64 RHD 650i) pending, cost is rather high despite tempting discount. Let me know how keen you are. Maybe we can negotiate a better rate under one single order. :yummie:

Went down to man and opened the mid box before the silencer. It is actually a rectangle shaped pipe that takes the two inlet pipes and combines them into 1 pipe for the outlet. It is perforated throughout and there is a layer of steel like wool followed by a layer on top of fiberglass wool.

At first, thought that the raspy sound was caused by the vibration. Then proceeded to reinforce the connection by re-welding the inlet and outlet of the box.

Just to save brothers here some effort and time, it made no difference.

Space is really a problem so adding mufflers along the way isn’t a solution.

Got to think of another method. Any bros here with any ideas?

Perhaps u can buy Rasp X or rasp eliminators from the States and custom weld before yr resonator.

Thanks for the tip. Will see if there are any other options.

For all Racing Dynamics Parts, please contact me. hehehe

I'll give you a better quote than what RD quotes you.

Cheers

'The Great White'

wilman2772;280759 said:
For all Racing Dynamics Parts, please contact me. hehehe

I'll give you a better quote than what RD quotes you.

Cheers

'The Great White'

demodding soon? *hint* hint*

Terry;280855 said:
demodding soon? *hint* hint*

Best is find a nice buyer to take all.....so dun nid to demod......hehehe

'The Great White'

i only need u to demod two thing nia.... :nehnehhh:

my ears itchy....

and i need to fart...

u got 2 backside sell me one wont hurt.. muahahha

bro my e60 is make 04 ,so it n52 or m54? it a 525i..thanks i have a hiop header from my e46 6 potter do u think i can still use them on my current ride??

Terry;280861 said:
i only need u to demod two thing nia.... :nehnehhh:

my ears itchy....

and i need to fart...

u got 2 backside sell me one wont hurt.. muahahha

Then must wait long long liao.......:nehnehhh:

'The Great White'

ST.Phase;280863 said:
bro my e60 is make 04 ,so it n52 or m54? it a 525i..thanks i have a hiop header from my e46 6 potter do u think i can still use them on my current ride??

Should be M54, up to early 05 it's still the M54 engine so have fun modding!

It’s definitely a M54. Just a little tip, the exhaust header for an E39 is exactly the same. (As long as it for a right hand drive orientation). Not too sure for an E46. I know that Hiop is actually a 2 stage system.

The headers and a pipe after to replace the cats. What will probably happen is you should be able to fit the headers but the secondary pipe might need a modification to the orientation at the flanges. Worst case scenario would be just to fabricate a new connect pipe after the headers to the joining flanges of the original system.

Any of the exhaust shops listed here should be able to handle this simple task.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jilibetcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back