e60 exhaust

botte_guy

Hi I'm running full stock exhaust system. I was thinking whether should I get a downpipe or midpipe for my 523.. Either from fk or jeep chee. The only reason I want to change either two of the pipes because I want the exhaust to be louder.. So any recommendation?

Re: e60 exhaust

Go to MAN exhaust and do a muffler delete. Most economical way of making your exhausts really loud.

botte_guy;1077637 said:
Is muffle delete same as decatt?

Nope. Decat is remove the cat converter and put a straight pipe. Your o2 sensor cel might appear because of this, although there are ways to suppress it. Muffler delete is cut open your muffler box and chop off all the pipes inside. Its going to be really loud for sure. In fact louder than those aftermarket muffler.

That means I would require another stock muffler just in case I got pulled over right?

Yes, as long as u buy lta approved exhaust, you will need send it for inspection and get cert.

I just passed my 7th year inspection for me E60. Just show them your cert then no problem at all.

christopher ngo;1078549 said:
Yes, as long as u buy lta approved exhaust, you will need send it for inspection and get cert.

I just passed my 7th year inspection for me E60. Just show them your cert then no problem at all.

sorry bro, but are you the first owner for the exos? or the previous owner transfer to you when you brought it?

naan1974;1080586 said:
sorry bro, but are you the first owner for the exos? or the previous owner transfer to you when you brought it?

no need to transfer from person to person.
exhaust follows the car vrn. so must transfer from car to car.

Bro , just want to ask you if I do the muffler delete at man motors like u suggest, when I go inspection can it be pass without them knowing it? Pls advise thanks

hotbrite;1081577 said:
Bro , just want to ask you if I do the muffler delete at man motors like u suggest, when I go inspection can it be pass without them knowing it? Pls advise thanks

Can pass. In an event cannot pass ask MAN itself to send it for you, they will settle everything.

desmond_seow;1078313 said:
And are LTA approved exhausts really legit? STA inspections and all will be passable? Thanks!

LTA transcends STA.

STA & Vicom are commercial entities that are licensed by LTA to conduct inspections.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kagarccom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back