E60 now or later?

Tantalus

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of upgrading to an E60. 2nd hand ones cos I think they are really value for money and new ones are going to be a bit tight on my budget. I'm thinking of getting from PPSL for the 1 year additional warranty upon date of purchase for peace of mind.

Just wondering if I should get one now or I should wait till the new 5 series model are out (but still go for used E60 cos I'm sure the new ones will be way off budget) . I heard sometime in June? Not sure abt BMW price movement historically when new models come out but logically price of used E60 should head further south right?

A few good value E60s are already in PPSL for sale now and the SE has been smsing me to come for test drive and 'assured' me tt the price of E60 wont plunge when the new 5s arrive.

Hopefully some experienced bros here can shed some light? Can we use E90s as a good example of price movement? Thanks.

Re: E60 now or later?

Tantalus;522549 said:
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of upgrading to an E60. 2nd hand ones cos I think they are really value for money and new ones are going to be a bit tight on my budget. I'm thinking of getting from PPSL for the 1 year additional warranty upon date of purchase for peace of mind.

Just wondering if I should get one now or I should wait till the new 5 series model are out (but still go for used E60 cos I'm sure the new ones will be way off budget) . I heard sometime in June? Not sure abt BMW price movement historically when new models come out but logically price of used E60 should head further south right?

A few good value E60s are already in PPSL for sale now and the SE has been smsing me to come for test drive and 'assured' me tt the price of E60 wont plunge when the new 5s arrive.

Hopefully some experienced bros here can shed some light? Can we use E90s as a good example of price movement? Thanks.

Hi Tantalus,

welcome in......

i think with your situation it will be better to go with the E60 but 1 thing for sure when the new 5 (F10) is out this E60 pricing will definitely drop but maybe not really alot. E60 is a good car (go for it).........cause the new 5 series sure to be ex........

vroom vroom
cheers

go for the new F10 if budget permits.

u r looking at around $180k for the entry level 523i. confirmed with sales guy

if tight budget = take current E60 (look hard for a steal)

if 5-series is your dream car like buy one and going to use for the next > 5 years ... i would wait for F10

I would get a E60 1st then go for the F10 after 3 years (let all the bugs and glitches be solved for the F10 .. hehe)

Anyway a 1 year old 525 in SgCarMart already about $30 - 40k off from a brand new ones liao ........ its a good deal now.

Viper Warrior;522616 said:
I would get a E60 1st then go for the F10 after 3 years (let all the bugs and glitches be solved for the F10 .. hehe)

Anyway a 1 year old 525 in SgCarMart already about $30 - 40k off from a brand new ones liao ........ its a good deal now.

Tats right. The E60 is still a very beautiful car, so is the E39. The F10 just looks like a smaller 7 series and bigger 3 series. No kick

Viper Warrior;522616 said:

my thoughts exactly. and thats what i did too. :)
just got a used 523XL from PPS .

yes, i'm looking around for a good deal. Not rushing cos my 320i is serving me fine. but itching for more space and more power lah...120k to 130k is my budget now. so, a used E60 seems like quite achievable now. tts why i'm thinking if i should wait a few more months to see if the price drops a little bit more and i can get a good deal.

Slater;522684 said:
pml.........

That's a very good price from PML considering PI is advertising for 188k for F10 523i in CATS today.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think prices from both PML and PI are only indicative at the moment considering that COE is heading up, exchange rate would be volatile and standard options may not be finalised at this stage?

Slater homing in on F10 523i? It should be a huge hit all over the world judging by the reviews..

dash;522644 said:
my thoughts exactly. and thats what i did too. :)
just got a used 523XL from PPS .

Congras man Dash...........

cheers

ktnpl;522697 said:
That's a very good price from PML considering PI is advertising for 188k for F10 523i in CATS today.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think prices from both PML and PI are only indicative at the moment considering that COE is heading up, exchange rate would be volatile and standard options may not be finalised at this stage?

Slater homing in on F10 523i? It should be a huge hit all over the world judging by the reviews..
yeah. these prices were quoted some months back.

homing on F10? maybe 5 yrs time la. hehe. u neh?

Slater;522751 said:
yeah. these prices were quoted some months back.

homing on F10? maybe 5 yrs time la. hehe. u neh?

Logically I should wait till my car is due for a change in say another 4 years, probably F10 525i LCI by then.

Depends on investment income to at least cover depreciation :juggle: this year may be tough

Also may be wise to wait for next wave and spend only during downturn when COE bottom out with economy.

Last edited by a moderator:

ktnpl;522758 said:
Logically I should wait till my car is due for a change in say another 4 years, probably F10 525i LCI by then.

Depends on investment income to at least cover depreciation :juggle: this year may be tough

Also may be wise to wait for next wave and spend only during downturn when COE bottom out with economy.
thought u were selling ur 335?

there is no 525 bro, either 523 or 528.

agree with ut train of thought. but when downturn come ppl r uncertain of future and usually refrain from spending. never a good time to buy a car.

Slater;522774 said:
thought u were selling ur 335?

there is no 525 bro, either 523 or 528.

agree with ut train of thought. but when downturn come ppl r uncertain of future and usually refrain from spending. never a good time to buy a car.

Not selling my 335i anymore. My family loves it.

I am those who buy during downturn when luxury items are cheap. Also helping the economy since I scrooge most of the time :thumbsup: and incidentally also better ROI (buy low, sell high).

unclecomfort;527365 said:
Guys, in the same dilenma. ANyone know when will the F10 reach our shore officially?
may. now can make booking liao. deposit is refundable at PML

ok. in this case, resale price for the E60 may only likely to drop after May. Anyway, the esclating COE is not helping.

pml could have cleared its inventory already by may. in order to pick up a steal, you need to check with pml everyday and your SE must be helpful

unclecomfort;527374 said:
ok. in this case, resale price for the E60 may only likely to drop after May. Anyway, the esclating COE is not helping.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slotmpo99id

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back