E60 problems

dp3223

Hi guys, need a little advise here.
Background story: Two months back, I sent my E60 (2009) to PML for the 60k mileage check.
Collected car after several repairs made, all under warranty.
They changed the oil pan and some valve gaskets as they found some oil leakage.
Mp
I noticed two things then when I got my car back :
1) steering wheel totally misaligned and engine oil level warning ( too high)
2) sounds from the driver side Aircon vent.
It basically sounds like a cold air intake that's goes with each rev. I can clearly hear the engine from the driver side air vent);
3) car has this engine rattling sound like a taxi

To cut long story short, after sending car in a couple times, the last one was for a period of 5 days (i was not in town then) , they did the following things recently

1) steering wheel misalignment fixed more or less ; changed oil level sensor
2) they changed some belts, reset, etc

My car still has points two and three listed above but somewhat muffled now.

Short of sending my car back to PML again. I am thinking of seeking an independent workshop to help identify the cause of the remaining issues. Any bros here have any of these problems before?
(rattling like a taxi and sounds from the driver side air vent )

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: E60 problems

if it's under warranty, go straight into Munich.

Just one instruction to Munich.... change anything necessary.

Measurement yardstick: car must come out like driving brand new. Anything less, remove their signboard.... I am ah pek Chinese business.

MapleLeaf;839358 said:
if it's under warranty, go straight into Munich.

Just one instruction to Munich.... change anything necessary.

Measurement yardstick: car must come out like driving brand new. Anything less, remove their signboard.... I am ah pek Chinese business.

Hello Boss , do you mean Munich workshop is better than Pml ?
How shall we do the booking ??
If my E60 ( 9/2009 ) still under warranty will they still do the warranty for me ?
I dont mind to pay for other parts replacement if they do good repair work .
Hear from your advise again .
Cheers

Call Munich: 68963933 ask for Jayde.

Tell her you are on the way in. See you in 20 minutes.

PML warranty covered by them. Anything PML can do, they do it better, faster and cheaper.

I am sending my car in for servicing tmr morning 9am. Also E60 525 2008. Want coffee there tmr?

Ricky Hoo;839416 said:
Hello Boss , do you mean Munich workshop is better than Pml ?
How shall we do the booking ??
If my E60 ( 9/2009 ) still under warranty will they still do the warranty for me ?
I dont mind to pay for other parts replacement if they do good repair work .
Hear from your advise again .
Cheers

Many people think Munich Auto is BMW parallel importer, some even ask go there warranty will be voided. Munich Auto is BMW M car authorised distributor…

I just went there for my E60 battery wiring recall fixing. PML didn't even issue me a recall. I called PML earlier and they simply asked me to wait. Munich simply replied just come down we'll take care if it & they did! Even washed my car.

So if you guys out there who are still on warranty, please note that doing servicing at Munich DOES NOT VOID your warranty as many people had been stupidly warning me.

Another plus point - no long queue & waiting like at PML.

Munich Auto rocks!

Hi all, I've actually sent my car to Munich before for another issue and also at the same time told them to check on the engine rattling sound .
Their advise on the rattling sound was that it's caused by the tappets and it's normal.
I know it wasn't because My car went in pml without these noises but came out with a host of new problems after the repairs covered under warranty.

I wouldn't mind sending the car to Munich again though since I will be away for a couple days

MapleLeaf;839433 said:
Call Munich: 68963933 ask for Jayde.

Tell her you are on the way in. See you in 20 minutes.

PML warranty covered by them. Anything PML can do, they do it better, faster and cheaper.

I am sending my car in for servicing tmr morning 9am. Also E60 525 2008. Want coffee there tmr?

Hi Bro , thank you so much for your important information .
I am sure all those warranty car is very greatful to you .
Thanks alot bro for your great help .
Cheers

I had the same problem.... tappet sound. PML could not settle it. Lawyer did.

PML replaced the whole top half of engine.

I'm driving a yr07 pre Lci E60. Car runs smoothly, and the idle rpm is set at 700 rpm. But once you accelerate and the rpm increases to about 2200rpm, when the car come to a stop, for example in the traffic lights, the idle rpm would hover at ~850rpm and the steering wheel will start to vibrate like those OSIM massage devices and I would hear the humming sounds from the engine. Went to the workshops to have the idle rpm tune back to 700rpm. But the problem comes back whenever I accelerate to about 2000rpm. After going to 4 workshops and issue cannot be solved. Seems like my car's problem is so unique?

send a PM to M-nut see if he can help you. M-nut is the boss at Munich Auto.

Made an appointment with MA yesterday for them to check my E60 today.

Check on the
1. jerking issue. (they resetted the adaptive gear setting or something like that. Ask me to monitor , go back if re-occur and they will re-load the software or something like that)
2. burn smell detected and smoke coming out from undercarriage. Happen a few instance only after my car is not driven for a few days. ( found engine oil leaking. Need to replace gasket for valve cover and vaumm pump. FOC with warranty claim)
3. Do health check basically to see what is going as warranty is ending soon. (nothing wrong except engineer oil leaking.... :oooops:)
4. Engine oil change (done)

Go in at 10.30am
Collect at 5.30pm
No queue and no bochap CSA or receipt.

Bought their triple service package and use the first service oil change today.
They even perform the battery switch wiring recall replacementl without me asking.
Of course and the car wash...:woottt:
Basically a very pleasant experience compare to have to call 2 weeks in advance, served by bochap receipt or CSA, wait for a bloody whole day just to change engine oil and car coming out as dirty as it was sent in....

Made a booking at MA. After 2 visits, my steering wheel vibration and the engine humming noise still cannot be resolved. Any good advice from the Bros out there? So far, I have been to BVO, BOSS, 2277 and now MA.

Hi, need advice here..

Started my engine this morning and the whole car is vibrating like a taxi... my hands and legs are shaking like sitting on a massage chair.. RPM was hovering between 600 and 900.. acceleration and driving are also powerless.. tried to rev and the acceleration also very slow with the vibration.. any idea why? should I send to Boss or MA? thanks

Update: sent my car to Munich for pre-warranty expire check and general servicing. At same time told them to look into the rattling and wind noise on driver side as previously mentioned. Was arranged a test drive by CSA Wil.

Left my car with them at around 830am and collected the car at 530pm.

Car health check turns out everything was ok , as PML previously changed quite a few parts on my 60k srvicing. Nothing was claimed under warranty this time round.

Changed the following at my own costs:
- spark plugs
- microfilter

Hey guys, sent my new acquired pre-owned E60 in for servicing to the BMWorkshop @ AV. Aside from the standard servicing bits and pieces there were two items that I was hoping for some insight from those of you out there:
1. Faulty exhaust/emission sensors - there was some slight engine vibration detected during servicing, and the folks deduced it was due to two faulty emission sensors on the exhaust; does anyone know where I'd be able to buy the sensors (aside from PML)?
2. High Rate of Discharge message from the OBC - totally random, unreproducable message, I get this message sometimes when I start the car. The folks at the workshop were unable to narrow the cause of the error down, have any of you experienced this Gremlin before?

Thanks in advance!

Its best the workshop got a diagnostic scanner and do a full scan before deciding what to do.Bmw Ecus are very intelligent if there is a a problem it will promt or show up in the diagnose.

lychee_boy;910474 said:
Hey guys, sent my new acquired pre-owned E60 in for servicing to the BMWorkshop @ AV. Aside from the standard servicing bits and pieces there were two items that I was hoping for some insight from those of you out there:
1. Faulty exhaust/emission sensors - there was some slight engine vibration detected during servicing, and the folks deduced it was due to two faulty emission sensors on the exhaust; does anyone know where I'd be able to buy the sensors (aside from PML)?
2. High Rate of Discharge message from the OBC - totally random, unreproducable message, I get this message sometimes when I start the car. The folks at the workshop were unable to narrow the cause of the error down, have any of you experienced this Gremlin before?

Thanks in advance!

1. Sensor can be bought from Eng Soon. Go find out from the forum and give them a call for the parts.
2. High rate of discharge message - maybe mean your battery going to kaput. I got this message last month when my battery die.
Bring your car to R2D and let Dr. Rodney to check for you.

ckng;843244 said:
Made a booking at MA. After 2 visits, my steering wheel vibration and the engine humming noise still cannot be resolved. Any good advice from the Bros out there? So far, I have been to BVO, BOSS, 2277 and now MA.

Maybe you can try R2D.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rosenbergwellnesscenter
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back