E60 Rattling Noise Fixed

Luminorbase

Collected my E60 2 weeks ago and was really irritated by this rattling noise coming from the doors.

Went down PML yesterday and they replaced the door sills and sprayed on "protective layer". Don't know what that means but thats what it says on the job sheet.

Drove it around for 1 day now. No rattles! nice quiet car and I dont need to pump up the ICE to drown the rattling sound out anymore.

If any of you have the same problem. Just drive it down to PML. They didn't ask me any questions or forced me to drive the car out to identify the noise, unlike my E46 cabrio, which had a similar problem. I assume that means its a "known" issue?

Re: E60 Rattling Noise Fixed

That's because it is a common problem..... No questions asked.....

it's hard to believe they actually changed ur sills..... did u manage to get back the faulty ones??

Itas a common problem... along with some others you will notice after driving the car for some time......

Just surprised how come it happened so quickly... usually, takes at least 6 months or so..... I assume your car is brand new right???

anyone of u guys noticed creaking sounds especially when the car goes up a slope? like from the pillars or the roof?

this is the problem la.... go in and they will do the retification FOC...... do it man....

Yes, its a new car - noticed the creaking the moment I got the car. But because I had a terrible time with the CSA with my E46 325I cabrio rattling problem - I didn't dare say anything.

After 2 weeks buay tahan - just drove in and ask them about it. No questions asked and FOC.

Its not a Lexus but expectations from sound insulation should not be that low.

I had squeaky noises on my E46 - not sure if yours is the same problem. Problem was with the rubber compound used to manufacture the sills - apparently creaks and squeaks will surface after awhile. Problem was solved with a silicon spray on the rubber sills, but it had to be done fairly regularly as the coating will wear out. They did give me the spray for free though. :p

I used OWS - Body Flex Gel.

Spray every few weeks on the door sills on my E46 Cabrio. Seems to keep the problem at bay.

Let me see how long my E60 keeps "quiet" . Fingers crossed!

I never had this problem with my 316I and 520I though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noblehospitals
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back