e60 scrap value

Re: e60 scrap value

mercur1al;1125429 said:
No, I am not sure if that was the case in the past but not now.

I just exported my 325i last month. What I did was, pass the car to exporter. Exporter will pay you body value in cash.

From there you have 2 options:
1. Exporter does de-registration paperwork etc for u and pays you parf rebate/residual COE in cash, minus 1% admin fee.

2. You do everything yourself, and LTA mails you a cheque for the full sum of rebate.

I went for option 2, mainly because I didn't see a point in paying 1% for such a simple job. What I did was, the following day after handing my car to an exporter, head down to LTA, de register my car. Took 5 mins.

Subsequently, wait for the exporter to send documentary proof that my car has been exported to LTA, and then login using Singpass to encash the PARF rebate.

It's easy and fuss free, but longer waiting time. If you don't need the PARF rebate urgently, its a viable method.

However, take note that you got to get it to an exporter you trust. LTA informed me when I deregistered my car that they expect to receive export documents from the exporter within a one month period, otherwise I might get fined. Therefore, please find a trusted exporter, and the onus is on you to bug the exporter to ensure the documents get sent to LTA on time.

Hi, I heard there is a pin code that is needed to scrap/export a car. In option 2 , where / how do this happen ?

Thx.

Hi there wasn't any need for the transfer pin in my case. I just went to LTA, said I wanted to de register, they asked me where the car was and if it's off the road. Once I said yes, it was processed immediately and done in 5 minutes.

Hi all,

I am thinking of scrapping my 2005 E60 very soon. Any recommendation for trusted dealer(s)?

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the community here for responding to my queries (some through PMs). Really a helpful group! Keep it up!

Those scrapping their E60
if there is any aftermarket parts on ur ride . i guess u all post all also good.
people like me can see see look look n buy... looking for LTA approve exhaust ! best is loud loud type ahahhaha

Those guys who wanna scrap your E60 soon, I would like to purchase your passenger-side mirror. There is no stock from the stockist here and they kept asking me to wait, I have approx. 1 more year to go. Thanks. Txt me at 9182-double4double4.

Regards,
Ashley

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deepnudescom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back