E82 1M owners

Re: E82 1M owners

Both are great cars. It all depends on what's most important to u. Like many have said, the V8 in the M3 is out of this world. U need to move to Italian exotics to better the M3 in the engine department. Cost wise, u prob loose less with the 1M considering that it's pretty rare and would likely retain its value better. The M3 on the other hand, is due for renewal, so expect prices of E9x M3s to fall like stock market crash.

If you don't mind getting a sore left foot in SG traffic jams then perhaps the 1M is a good choice.
Though I'm driving a e92 M3, mine is a manual and my left foot is damn sore after getting stuck in 1.5hrs of traffic today. :shakehea:

But then again, no regrets as the manual gear is still fun and the V8 is probably the last of its kind... :cool:

clar;1049063 said:
Both are great cars. It all depends on what's most important to u. Like many have said, the V8 in the M3 is out of this world. U need to move to Italian exotics to better the M3 in the engine department. Cost wise, u prob loose less with the 1M considering that it's pretty rare and would likely retain its value better. The M3 on the other hand, is due for renewal, so expect prices of E9x M3s to fall like stock market crash.

chiongster;1049386 said:
If you don't mind getting a sore left foot in SG traffic jams then perhaps the 1M is a good choice.
Though I'm driving a e92 M3, mine is a manual and my left foot is damn sore after getting stuck in 1.5hrs of traffic today. :shakehea:

But then again, no regrets as the manual gear is still fun and the V8 is probably the last of its kind... :cool:

thanks for all the advice guys. I went an e92 m3 drive and also the 1m drive. I must say I am sold by the m3 sound and steering feel..
its easy to understand now why most say 1m is not a true ///M.
tbh the 1m was rly a very solid drive, but im now torn between the 2.

sanerling;1049045 said:
Havent made up. M3 is after all a V8. Hence seeking advice from all who tried both.

Tried both
Both are very good cars in their own way..some fundamental similarities are found in the chassis.
What is appealing in M3 is that it's the last NA with V8 engine. So something special there.
If you can drive manual well, then 1M is fun. I find the gb shift and clutch pressure a bit too soft for a car that looks like on steroid.

It is nice to hear rarity as some differentiating factor but if you are talking bout it being able to hold value well, then I think it's probably just relative. More and more people do not want to buy cars with manual gearbox anymore especially mid to high end cars and worse if it's 2 doors.

At current market conditions, the depreciation in M3 vs 1M is more or less the same I would think or or probably worse in 1M slightly. You might want to take that into consideration as well.

M3. The only thing that wins me over is the v8 engine. In fact the way I see it, if the E92 M3 and the new M4 are both available in the market new I don't see why anyone will get the M4 over the V8 in the M3. Ok.... the M4 may be lighter and a split second faster but I would still go for the E92 with it's V8. It's just me though. ;)

Navi;1054216 said:
M3. The only thing that wins me over is the v8 engine. In fact the way I see it, if the E92 M3 and the new M4 are both available in the market new I don't see why anyone will get the M4 over the V8 in the M3. Ok.... the M4 may be lighter and a split second faster but I would still go for the E92 with it's V8. It's just me though. ;)

The new 3.2 inline 6 S55 (did i get it right?, lol) seems like a very mass production driven engine right? thats my thot..

masschaoz;1054224 said:
The new 3.2 inline 6 S55 (did i get it right?, lol) seems like a very mass production driven engine right? thats my thot..

For me it doesn't matter if the engine is used in a mass production. A good engine is a good engine. But the v8 is just a sick engine. Frankly speaking the 1m is also a great car and I love it. Just prefer the v8 that's all.

Navi;1054229 said:
For me it doesn't matter if the engine is used in a mass production. A good engine is a good engine. But the v8 is just a sick engine. Frankly speaking the 1m is also a great car and I love it. Just prefer the v8 that's all.

Both Rocks..............

get both.........
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

M3 for me. It's a real M whereas 1M is cool but not a 100% M.
For the $$ I would pick 1M though. Aghhhhh - can get a Porsche in Australia with lots of change!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mksport0com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back