E90 2011 iDrive

Cirrius

Hi everyone!

I'm curious about 2 things

1. Can the iDrive switch between night and day modes without having to manually select them?

2. Can you control the iPhone music controls via Bluetooth? (At the moment, i'm just using a stereo cable to listen to music from the iPhone.)

If these 2 functions aren't possible on the models here, is there any solution?

Cirrius

Re: E90 2011 iDrive

For music control, you'll need the iPhone/iPod Y-cable from BMW. That costs a bomb.

I don't give a hoot actually. My iPhone has no music on it. I just burn a data CD full of MP3s and store it in the car.

Day/night, I think the iDrive screen does dim at night. It does not change colour like the Garmin GPS though.

If it's too bright use your left signal stalk to set the brightness on your dash - it will dim the iDrive also.

detach8;647647 said:
For music control, you'll need the iPhone/iPod Y-cable from BMW. That costs a bomb.

I don't give a hoot actually. My iPhone has no music on it. I just burn a data CD full of MP3s and store it in the car.

Day/night, I think the iDrive screen does dim at night. It does not change colour like the Garmin GPS though.

If it's too bright use your left signal stalk to set the brightness on your dash - it will dim the iDrive also.

Thanks bro!

Actually discovered that the bluetooth function does activate the music that's stored in your iPhone and other than playing, it doesn't control or list the music.

As for dimming the iDrive, i didn't know that. Probably because i didn't read the manual thoroughly heh.

Funny how with so much R&D. they couldn't do all these things. I guess its all about making $$$

Have a great week!

detach8;647647 said:

Didn't know dimming the dash lighting will change the iDrive brightness too!

Cirrius;648073 said:
Thanks bro!

Actually discovered that the bluetooth function does activate the music that's stored in your iPhone and other than playing, it doesn't control or list the music.

As for dimming the iDrive, i didn't know that. Probably because i didn't read the manual thoroughly heh.

Funny how with so much R&D. they couldn't do all these things. I guess its all about making $$$

Have a great week!

Woops. Looking back, I managed to connect my iPhone to bluetooth and it plays music. The steering controls will change tracks, but will not show the track name/etc. To show the album art and track name etc you'll need the Y cable... and IMHO not worth the money.

BTW I also realized Symbian phones when paired via bluetooth can even access SMS!!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwin05io
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back