E90 3 Series - priced to sell or over -priced?

redwind

Hi everyone,

new member here. 8)
non-bmw car owner but seriously considering to buy one very soon.

i have been invited to the launch this mid March...(said to be in a 2 storey high tent in Padang)

was qouted 155 (basic) for the 320 (4 cly Valvetronic. 150bhp)

and unofficially ... 175-180K for the 325i and "just over" 200K for the 330i..
---these prices include the option of GPS Nav. system

since i am new here. can fellow forum memebers offer advice on your opinion on these prices?

i am told that the 320i is a carry over version of the 318i engine which means an old engine....

welcome all advise and opinions :) :) :)

REDWIND

I think the 320i is overpriced as other makes have dropped their prices by like $20k. E.g. Camry, Cefiro, Grandis etc.

But still, I think it will have its share of fans and takers.

the prices are pretty much on par with their E46 counterparts. So i wouldnt say they are overpriced. AND, if the levels of "standard" options are higher than what came with the E46 (like GPS) then it'll crossover to the "good deal" area, at least for me.

of course you cannot compare the $155k with the low $120+k of the outgoing-model promotion that the 318i enjoyed not long ago.

the best is of course to look at the competition's pricing. For what it's worth, (rwd and lots of active safety tech) i must say bmw holds a pretty good package. however if you dont mine FWD, then the Alfa gt 3.2L at 160k+ seems out of this world.

Racebred said:
FWD, then the Alfa gt 3.2L at 160k+ seems out of this world.

On the Alfa, buy second hand can liao... buyer's mkt.

On the Bimmer, wat I am trying to say is that given the low COE, PML is obviously taking advantage of the new model when pegging the car at $155k. All other makes, the prices have dropped with the corresponding drop in COE.

So it is as good as asking for $170k on a $30k COE which I think is abit on the high side.

Perhaps it'll settle into the $140K+ range given time to settle down. Current CatB COE is at a moderate low now - could be due to the large potential market as well. There are so many bimmer owners out there, it may make more sense for them to price to sell at a higher price, to correspond to the (possibly) limited initial supply?.. Now, it's to find out how long the waiting queue is like.

Something like the Mazda3s which have 7-8 month queues and premium prices over their counterparts in the 1.6 litre sedan market.

Yo Redwind,

Think we have the same problem man..... big headache...

I was thinking of waiting for the e90 to launch and then maybe consider a 2nd hand 318ci....

I have always been a bimmer fan and i scare that once i go for preview in march and test drive in april, i will just buy on the spot based on my emotions......

By the way anyone know if erica yap is new or old sales exec? She called me to go down for the preview....

The truth is i don't find it cheap...... maybe not my league man.... :thinking:

Fatrolla owner

Re: E90 3 Series - priced to sell or over -priced?

Hi !

You have to find out what is the OMV value for New E90 320. You cannot look at the selling price alone :)

For example if the OMV is S$52K. Then the depreciation will be S$12.7K/Yr if you drive for 10 Years (New Car S$156K - S$28.6K = S$127.4/10 Years).

As compare to previous E46 318 depreciation of S$10.5K/Yr to S$11K/Yr is only slightly more expensive. Don't forget the premium you need to pay for owning New Model :)

Just for your information previous exclusive model is around S$43K and Sport Model is around S$46 for E46 318 :)

I am not surprise the New E90 OMV will be quite high because of many new features (I think).

Please do not quote me if I am wrong.

i've actually been advised by PML sales pple to stay away from new models during the first year as they tend to have more kinks to sort out and prices are usually reduced after the first year.

the only reason to get it in its first year of production would be the bragging rights of being one of the first to own a E90.

and to answer your question, i would say that it's slightly overpriced, given the current low COE prices. when my mum bought the E46 318 1.5yrs ago, the sticker price was also $155k if i recall; COE prices then were around $30k.

yo guys.

thanks for all your quick replies!

now think think and think think again... better hold back my emotions when i head down next week.

whatmore, just read that the E90 Sports Package will only be released in Sept this year...

must relax... "breath in ..out"

louis said:
i've actually been advised by PML sales pple to stay away from new models during the first year as they tend to have more kinks to sort out and prices are usually reduced after the first year.

the only reason to get it in its first year of production would be the bragging rights of being one of the first to own a E90.
Not to mention that there will be upgrades (for instance year 2000's E46 over first batch 1998's on steptronic, and subsequently 2002's valvetronic over the plain-jane 4-pot) and facelift (year 2002's over year 2000's) along the way ......

Also note that many options are standard after few years.

It makes more sense to hold your horses, unless you wanna pay the premium to be the first on the road......

Racebred said:
hai2 you3.... valvetronic engine very hard to mod leh...

Wah lau, if get the 330, no need to engine mod liao. Juz aesthetic mod enuff liao.

the new E90 320i is priced so that not all can afford... estimate from a 10k deposit and a 10 year loan of 1.5k monthly at 2.45%, one needs to make at least S$60160 gross per annum before a sensible bank wants to loan the fellow S$145k...

here's a thought: maybe they're pricing it higher to make room for the 1 series? i'm still hoping they'll change their minds abt the 1 series in singapore.

T6 said:
Racebred said:
FWD, then the Alfa gt 3.2L at 160k+ seems out of this world.

On the Alfa, buy second hand can liao... buyer's mkt.

On the Bimmer, wat I am trying to say is that given the low COE, PML is obviously taking advantage of the new model when pegging the car at $155k. All other makes, the prices have dropped with the corresponding drop in COE.

So it is as good as asking for $170k on a $30k COE which I think is abit on the high side.

T6 bro,

Now what car you buy new also no re-sale value. The day you sign the sales agreement, you loss 20k immediately. sigh.........

Cheers!
8)

louis said:

I wonder if our e60(new 5) friends would like to chip in and tell us if they had many problems. I'd sure hate to do R&D and QC for the manufacturer and have to pay as well. Some other brands have had huge problems in this area...

The most number of cars that visited PML service centre are the new 5 and new 7. That is from the guards.

Good luck if you wanna be guinea pig.

looks like its a matter of your head over heart.....

But then some people say that "THAT'S WHAT WARRANTY IS FOR"...

Still i cant wait for next week..

Re: E90 3 Series - priced to sell or over -priced?

redwind said:
Hi everyone,

new member here. 8)
non-bmw car owner but seriously considering to buy one very soon.

i have been invited to the launch this mid March...(said to be in a 2 storey high tent in Padang)

was qouted 155 (basic) for the 320 (4 cly Valvetronic. 150bhp)

and unofficially ... 175-180K for the 325i and "just over" 200K for the 330i..
---these prices include the option of GPS Nav. system

since i am new here. can fellow forum memebers offer advice on your opinion on these prices?

i am told that the 320i is a carry over version of the 318i engine which means an old engine....

welcome all advise and opinions :) :) :)

REDWIND

Hi ! Rewind.

Have you read the Business Times yesterday ?

With the amount PML spend to launch the new 3 Series.

No wonder they need to price the 3 Series so expensive.

New owner need to bear some of the advertising cost :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789winofficial

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back