E90 320i. Any one tried opening another air channel?

Iceberg

On E90, 4-porter, the air intake system showing 2 channels.

For those who had install air-scoop will realize that only 1 channel is opened and the other one completely sealed. On the 6 porter, both air-channels are opened.

Has anyone tried to open the sealed-channel making both channels opened to maximize colder air intake? Otherwise, only 1 scoop is effective the other one just cosmetic only.:huhhuh:

Any one can share their experience?:dance:

Re: E90 320i. Any one tried opening another air channel?

it's a major project to open up the other air channel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for sharing.

I was advised that opening the other channel will not help much. Can try if you know how to reform the underside of the air intake thingy.

yeah i'm interested to know about this as well... just installed airscoops today and i was very very shocked to see it like that. would really appreciate some pictures also if you get around to it, thanks!

dig up this old post about opening the other air channel for 320

i'm wondering whether this is possible

1. replace 320 item 13 with 325

2. cutomise locally a 'simple joint' (rubber or plastic) that can connect to item 12 in 320 intake

325 intake
221.png

320 intake
277.png

Look @ 325 intake manifold. There is DISA actuator.

davidtch;600178 said:
Look @ 325 intake manifold. There is DISA actuator.

DISA is simi? Here's a photo of the underside of the intake. You could use a dremel tool to open up the holes. Then use a perspex sheet to cover the grooves and channel the air back to the channel.

Enjoy!

View attachment 29588

i think the channel is already sealed at red mark and not blue
from red to blue not sure is opened or sealed

downloadnx.jpg

You could use a dremel tool to open up the holes. Then use a perspex sheet to cover the grooves and channel the air back to the channel.

Enjoy!

Iceberg;600378 said:
DISA is simi? Here's a photo of the underside of the intake. You could use a dremel tool to open up the holes. Then use a perspex sheet to cover the grooves and channel the air back to the channel.

Enjoy!

View attachment 29588
Dual Resonance Intake System. W/o DISA, it is pointless to open up the other side as ur low end will suffer.

perhaps, that's why 318/320 (w/o DISA) suffers low end greatly with open pod setup - too much air

could be the same reason why bmw did not release performance intake for 318/320 in addition to performance exhaust

davidtch;600565 said:
Dual Resonance Intake System. W/o DISA, it is pointless to open up the other side as ur low end will suffer.

wt_know;600566 said:
perhaps, that's why 318/320 (w/o DISA) suffers low end greatly with open pod setup - too much air

could be the same reason why bmw did not release performance intake for 318/320 in addition to performance exhaust

Agreed. Did you realize that even on the single open-channel, they made additional restriction in the middle section? :eek:
Perhaps, just perhaps, introducing more air than usual without remapping ECU will cause low end to suffer. However, if we increase air in-take, more efficient exhaust, ECU mapping, vroom vroom....:evil:

it seems like for 320, stock intake + drop-in k&n/bmc/hurricane airfilter is the PERFECT MATCH.

wt_know;601487 said:
it seems like for 320, stock intake + drop-in k&n/bmc/hurricane airfilter is the PERFECT MATCH.
Buy 335. A lot suff to mod:lol::lol:

absolutely !
nothing less .... hehe :D

davidtch;601508 said:
Buy 335. A lot suff to mod:lol::lol:

wt_know;601487 said:

Supported, totally agreed

No point wasting time and money..

Either drive it stock.. If not get the ARMA supercharger and install in it..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nohudoithuong2

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back