E90 320i Exhaust Muffler Reviews

Hi E90 320 Bros & Sis,

Decided to start a thread to review E90 320i mufflers.
This will help members who are unavailable for meetup to decide on their mufflers.
For the rest of the bros & sis who have different mufflers, please do chip in. :thumbsup:

Re: E90 320i Exhaust Muffler Reviews

First Review

Supersprint Muffler

LTA-Compliant: No (Caa 24 Aug 10)
Price: SGD1k+
Sound on Startup: Bassy with a low Boom :cloud9:
Sound when idling: Bassy (Quite close to a Boxer engine sound...think WRX!!!)
Sound < 2000 RPM: Low rumble
Sound > 2000 RPM: Loud Growl :evil:
Drone when cruising (80km/h): Yes

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snd-fF6N4DU]YouTube - BMW E90 320i Supersprint Exhaust 1.mp4[/ame]

Review:
This muffler fits people who have a liking for JDM sound. The startup is nice, bassy with a low boom. Very Sporty. However, there seems to be a slight loss in low end torque. Car was a little sluggish. Surprisingly, when I put to DS mode and tried shifting the car manually, the car felt much more responsive. Pair this with a ///M Steering wheel with paddle shifters and feel the exhilaration. There is a noticeable lag at the high end, but the car lurches forward and delivers power at quite a linear pace. When the car is moving along at < 2000 RPM, there is a low rumbling sound, very nice and sporty. However, when it goes above 2000 RPM, you can hear the loud burble. There is a growl at higher RPM and speeds. I changed the muffler as I felt that this sound is quite intimidating (especially when a 320i is not powerful enough). For drone, it was unbearable at > 3000 RPM when I first installed it in a new car. However, after uninstalling it after 2 weeks and reinstalling it after 60k mileage, the droning was much reduced and was much more bearable.

The Exhaust tips are thick and shiny. Personally, I feel that these are the best twin tips for the 320i now.

Second Review

Eisenmann Sports Muffler

LTA-Compliant: Yes (Caa 24 Aug 10)
Price: SGD2k+
Sound on Startup: Stock sounding :D
Sound when idling: Nil (Like Stock)
Sound < 3000 RPM: Like Stock
Sound > 3000 RPM: Sounds like a V6 engine with a high pitch whine
Drone when cruising (80km/h): Nil

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuWj_i8CFxM]YouTube - BMW E90 320i Eisenmann Exhaust[/ame]

Review:
This muffler is a refined beast. If the Supersprint is a Tiger, this is a Panther. It sounds stock mostly and you can bearly hear the high pitch whine. The beauty of this exhaust is its performance. It is wierd, but this is the first time I think I actually gain some low end torque with this muffler. It almost feels like a mini sprint booster installed when traveling at low speeds, in the carpark, start-stop, etc. I love the feel of the exhaust. It makes the car feels a little smoother and has this addictive pull when the car surges. It almost feels like something is pulling the car, catapulting it forwards when you floor the throttle.

This is for people who like to have a refreshing and elegant drive. Unassuming sound but nice performance. I love this. If only, I can combine the low end rumble of the SS with the refined nature of this...:p

..........It is wierd, but this is the first time I think I actually gain some low end torque with this muffler. It almost feels like a mini sprint booster installed when traveling at low speeds, in the carpark, start-stop, etc...........It makes the car feels a little smoother.................
I have the same experience too. And as I couldn't explain it, I attribute it to 7th month experience :p

this is interesting especially for a 320i (4pot) instead of 325i (6pot)

The beauty of this exhaust is its performance. It is wierd, but this is the first time I think I actually gain some low end torque with this muffler. It almost feels like a mini sprint booster installed when traveling at low speeds, in the carpark, start-stop, etc.

Second Review

Eisenmann Sports Muffler

LTA-Compliant: Yes (Caa 24 Aug 10)
Price: SGD2k+
Sound on Startup: Stock sounding :D
Sound when idling: Nil (Like Stock)
Sound < 3000 RPM: Like Stock
Sound > 3000 RPM: Sounds like a V6 engine with a high pitch whine
Drone when cruising (80km/h): Nil

YouTube - BMW E90 320i Eisenmann Exhaust

Review:
This muffler is a refined beast. If the Supersprint is a Tiger, this is a Panther. It sounds stock mostly and you can bearly hear the high pitch whine. The beauty of this exhaust is its performance. It is wierd, but this is the first time I think I actually gain some low end torque with this muffler. It almost feels like a mini sprint booster installed when traveling at low speeds, in the carpark, start-stop, etc. I love the feel of the exhaust. It makes the car feels a little smoother and has this addictive pull when the car surges. It almost feels like something is pulling the car, catapulting it forwards when you floor the throttle.

This is for people who like to have a refreshing and elegant drive. Unassuming sound but nice performance. I love this. If only, I can combine the low end rumble of the SS with the refined nature of this...:p

I just got this yesterday.. it's barely peeking out from under my rear bumper just like the picture shown here.. I always thought it's supposed to stick out a bit more.. lol. So it's nice to see that my ride is not the only one that's like this. :)

I love this exhaust.. +1 on the low end torque.

Thanks Avatar for starting this thread...will become very handy I am sure...

Calling zorro...please post your review and recording on the Sebring here...:D

calling sharps ! where are you.
what's your field report on E-sport apart from the sound is too stock for you ... hehe

Bro,

You are the most appropriate person to post review after 3 months with Sebring and 1 wk with Eissenmmen..

Ok Short Review:

What I like: Chrome slanted staggered tips
Bassy sound but not too intrusive
It seems louder when cold but get quieter when warm-up
No lost in low end torque / easier rev to redline
Definately better than stock...my neighbour notice my exhaust and my dog get
shock whenever I start the car in the morning
Its cheap and considerably louder than Eisenmann Sports

What I dont like : Its O O instead of OO (Main Dislike)
Its body is probably made from some zinc plated steel painted in matt black
May not be suitable for people who wants a total quiet ride..
My wife say "Good Meh??"

Picture/sound: Its better to hear and see the real thing....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gr8golf88;569723 said:
Thanks Avatar for starting this thread...will become very handy I am sure...

Calling zorro...please post your review and recording on the Sebring here...:D

Last edited by a moderator:

good write up, zorro :thumbsup:
sebring is good. the only let down is O O instead of OO ... actually it is o o ... the tip is small compare to SS and Eisennman

Not that small think its 76mm in diameter ...any guy with this is super well endowed. One of the reason why Eisenmenmm is expensive is because it constructed using stainless steel... Ahgray looks like better exhaust.. If want to remain silent might as well stay stock and change tip right???

hi pbear1973... ydae morning u r the one at boss installing the exhaust? :)

zorro;569756 said:
Not that small think its 76mm in diameter ...any guy with this is super well endowed. One of the reason why Eisenmenmm is expensive is because it constructed using stainless steel... Ahgray looks like better exhaust.. If want to remain silent might as well stay stock and change tip right???

Ahhh bo pian noisy noisy wifey will complain.. also it's not exactly "stock" lor still got a nicer rumble than the stock.. and at >3,000 rpm.. the sound is awesome! My FC is going down coz I keep revving hard just to hear the sound. :D

hondacivic;569758 said:

Yeah that was me! Were you the one with the new F10? :D

Eisennmenn is quite good ...definately no complain from wife...the BMW perf exhaust is also quiet and nice too. need those bro to review..

pbear1973;569840 said:
Ahhh bo pian noisy noisy wifey will complain.. also it's not exactly "stock" lor still got a nicer rumble than the stock.. and at >3,000 rpm.. the sound is awesome! My FC is going down coz I keep revving hard just to hear the sound. :D

Yeah that was me! Were you the one with the new F10? :D

Originally Posted by hondacivic
Yeah that was me! Were you the one with the new F10?

my ride is a black 318i :)
so ur next mod is rims n coilover? hee

C3P0;569504 said:
I have the same experience too. And as I couldn't explain it, I attribute it to 7th month experience :p

wt_know;569506 said:
this is interesting especially for a 320i (4pot) instead of 325i (6pot)

The beauty of this exhaust is its performance. It is wierd, but this is the first time I think I actually gain some low end torque with this muffler. It almost feels like a mini sprint booster installed when traveling at low speeds, in the carpark, start-stop, etc.

Yeah...This is really wierd. But I love it. Cannot explain. :lol2:

pbear1973;569633 said:
I just got this yesterday.. it's barely peeking out from under my rear bumper just like the picture shown here.. I always thought it's supposed to stick out a bit more.. lol. So it's nice to see that my ride is not the only one that's like this. :)

I love this exhaust.. +1 on the low end torque.

Yeah...thats why I prefer the SS tips. Thick & round. It has more presence.

so for LCI OEM bumper, the E-sport tips barely stick out huh ?
what about m-sport bumper with diffuser, anyone ? calling sharps !

hondacivic;569860 said:
Originally Posted by hondacivic
Yeah that was me! Were you the one with the new F10?

my ride is a black 318i :)
so ur next mod is rims n coilover? hee

Oooh ok.. were you the bro that was also in the lounge? Damn cold I kept fiddling with the aircon.. hahaha.

I have Weitec coilovers and a Gruppe M on order.. they're now on some ocean between Japan/Germany and SG.. >.<

Will upgrade brakes next year.. want to go Brembo but really too ex, so prolly just change rotors, pads and get steel-braided lines. Very tempted to get paddle shifters since I drive in M mode all the time. :D

What were you at Boss for? Modding also ah? :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacai188betmov

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back