E90 320i Tyres Pressure

Jetpilot

Hi there,

Currently I am on 18" tyres and I do not know which tyres pressure to follow.
On the driver door, there is a pressure guide but it has given 2 set of tyres pressure and which one is the one I should follow?
One is 2.0 for front and 2.2 for rear and the other set is 2.4 front and 2.9 for rear.
Any idea which to follow?

Re: E90 320i Tyres Pressure

Jetpilot;939570 said:
Hi there,

On the driver door, there is a pressure guide but it has given 2 set of tyres pressure and which one is the one I should follow?
One is 2.0 for front and 2.2 for rear and the other set is 2.4 front and 2.9 for rear.

depends on how often your car is fully loaded with passengers. the lower pressue is for less passengers. the higher one is for fully loaded car. I just use the one for fully loaded even though I'm the only one inside 50% of the time.

Jetpilot;939570 said:
Hi there,

Brudder Hapi New Year!

Front : 270, Rear : 290 (all basing on working temp) :)

lim_ck;939572 said:
depends on how often your car is fully loaded with passengers. the lower pressue is for less passengers. the higher one is for fully loaded car. I just use the one for fully loaded even though I'm the only one inside 50% of the time.

Thanks bro. I am also doing that but feel the braking distance is compromise. maybe I am just sensitive.

tomace;939624 said:
Brudder Hapi New Year!

Front : 270, Rear : 290 (all basing on working temp) :)

Bro happy new year to you too! Hope everything is going well for you.

is that based on your 19"? I am using 18".

Jetpilot;939631 said:
Bro happy new year to you too! Hope everything is going well for you.

is that based on your 19"? I am using 18".

Currently job less ~~~ :eek: :eek: All well, goes well (hopefully wahaha)

F:270, R:290 is basing on my previous 18 wheel. Now (19 wheel) F:285 R:305. Both staggered setup hor.
Ride feels harder but not as hard as previous with AD08 :eek:

tomace;940023 said:
Currently job less ~~~ :eek: :eek: All well, goes well (hopefully wahaha)

F:270, R:290 is basing on my previous 18 wheel. Now (19 wheel) F:285 R:305. Both staggered setup hor.
Ride feels harder but not as hard as previous with AD08 :eek:

Thanks. Different from the guide on the door.

Jetpilot;940374 said:
Thanks. Different from the guide on the door.

Yes totally different. Tire pressure will base on personal liking. (eg: some like it soft & flat, some like it hard & compact)

U also need to take note on yur rim/tire width too. (Door panel basing on F:8JJ R:8.5JJ. Yurs should be F8.5JJ R:9.5JJ)

:)

Look at the tyre size on the plate.
The higher sets of numbers are for normal tyres and the lower sets are for run-flat.
I go for max load pressure, so far so good.

The higher sets of numbers are for normal tyres and the lower sets are for run-flat.

fl1725;940439 said:

thanks! hope it is the same for PFL model

Hi guys, thanks for all the information.

I'm kinda worried that I pump too much air and tyres will burst right in front of my eyes! Lol

Could you help?

Here's the configuration of my tyres, and the recommendation as per plate at door.

255/35 ZR 18 Rear 290PSI
225/40 ZR 18 Front 240PSI

All Sportscontact 3. Currently on 220-240 PSI (on the safe side) but they look like as though more air can be pumped.

Should I inflate rear tyre to to 290PSI? Is it safe?

Hi, you got the unit wrong.
It's 29 psi and 24 psi.
Air pressure units used are either metric in N/sq.m. or lb/sq.in (psi).
For E90 you should go for 2.2 N/sq.m frong and 2.5 N/sq.m rear for run-flat or in psi term 32 and 37.

QUOTE=Thinkbig;949802]Hi guys, thanks for all the information.

I'm kinda worried that I pump too much air and tyres will burst right in front of my eyes! Lol

Could you help?

Here's the configuration of my tyres, and the recommendation as per plate at door.

255/35 ZR 18 Rear 290PSI

All Sportscontact 3. Currently on 220-240 PSI (on the safe side) but they look like as though more air can be pumped.

Should I inflate rear tyre to to 290PSI? Is it safe?[/QUOTE]

Typical max load is around 50psi for most tires. So no it should not burst in front of your eyes.

Thinkbig;949802 said:

Could you help?

255/35 ZR 18 Rear 290PSI

The mfg recommended tire pressure printed on the door is for when tires are cold.

After high speed or highway runs, it rises much higher as much as 6-10 psi.

Most of the tires are labelled with max tire pressure at 50psi when it is "COLD" so do not exceed this.

After all is said and done, much depends on your tire preference w/o going over the "safe limits" i.e. 50 psi of whatever max tire pressure printed on your tire sidewall.

Do exercise caution as over-inflation can lead to insufficient tire contact with ground (causing skidding, higher stopping distance, due to decreased traction), blowouts as tires are too hard, esp when going over potholes.

Tire Specs Explained: Maximum Inflation Pressure (courtesy of Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels)

Maximum Inflation Pressure

A tire's maximum inflation pressure is the highest "cold" inflation pressure that the tire is designed to contain. However the tire's maximum inflation pressure should only be used when called for on the vehicle's tire placard or in the vehicle's owners manual. It is also important to remember that the vehicle's recommended tire inflation pressure is always to be measured and set when the tire is "cold." Cold conditions are defined as early in the morning before the day's ambient temperature, sun's radiant heat or the heat generated while driving have caused the tire pressure to temporarily increase.

Tire Tech Information - Tire Specs Explained: Maximum Inflation Pressure

Thinkbig;949802 said:

Could you help?

255/35 ZR 18 Rear 290PSI

If you want to pump air into your tyres in the mid day, my suggestion is to +10% of the recommended pressure since the recommended pressure is being taken during cold start.

This means if your tyres is 300kpa, you should pump 330kpa or 3.3bar. Then check it again next day morning to see if your tyres are in the desired pressure. Air usually expand in volume after heating up. From 25degreeC to 32degreeC, it usually expand by +/-10%.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haha777uk
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back