E90 323 under carriage has "tuck" sound after driving

MaVrk

Hi Guys, just wanna check if you guys share the same problems with your e90:

1. After driving and switching off engine, there's a tuck sound at the under carriage, seems like there's some heat expansion of metal , thats creating the tuck sounds.
  2. Seat belt fastener has tick sounds near the driver's side pillar (kinda irritating)
  3. Drive is getting bumpier as time goes by: on 17 inch with runflats. (i know run flats could be the main issue, but it gets worse)
  4. Car seems to be steering to the left all the time as well.
  5. Air conditioner's has initial foul smell, maybe 1st 20 secs, then it dissapears after that. (Microfilter has already been changed though)
  6. Sometimes, the range goes crazy, from 495km, it drops dramatically within seconds to 400km (no hard driving at all). Is this common?
Would be most appreciative if you could provide some valuable feedback. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

E90 323 under carriage has "tuck" sound after driving

1. After driving and switching off engine, there's a tuck sound at the under carriage, seems like there's some heat expansion of metal , thats creating the tuck sounds.
  2. Seat belt fastener has tick sounds near the driver's side pillar (kinda irritating)
  3. Drive is getting bumpier as time goes by: on 17 inch with runflats. (i know run flats could be the main issue, but it gets worse)
  5. Air conditioner's has initial foul smell, maybe 1st 20 secs, then it dissapears after that. (Microfilter has already been changed though)
  6. Sometimes, the range goes crazy, from 495km, it drops dramatically within seconds to 400km (no hard driving at all). Is this common?
Would be most appreciative if you could provide some valuable feedback. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Re: E90 323 under carriage has "tuck" sound after driving

MaVrk;344467 said:

What's point number 6? range from 495 km to 400 km???

By the way, the tuck sounds from the under carriage where I was told by my SE was that it is electronic shutting off, therefore you hear the tuck sound after you switch your engine...

Hi Jason, thanks for your feedback.

Did u get similar repeated tuck sounds on ur e90 as well. It goes off after a minute or more. Did u accept the SE's explanation when he told u it was the electronic shutting off. It's kinda strange, coz there was a E90 325 parked to me which didnt have this irritating "tuck" sound. Is there any way of getting rid of it?

Point number 6 regarding the "range" is actually the distance that u cld travel on the fuel left...i barely reach a distance of 3-5km...and the range dropped from 495km to 400km, tats a variance of 95km. Thought that there was a fuel leak at that point in time.

The fuel range calculate based on how heavy your right feet is to the accelerator, thus giving different readings everytime - any other suggestions?

The heavier you floor your accelerator, the less distance you will covered based on the feedback to the ECU.

MaVrk;344512 said:
Hi Jason, thanks for your feedback.

Did u get similar repeated tuck sounds on ur e90 as well. It goes off after a minute or more. Did u accept the SE's explanation when he told u it was the electronic shutting off. It's kinda strange, coz there was a E90 325 parked to me which didnt have this irritating "tuck" sound. Is there any way of getting rid of it?

Point number 6 regarding the "range" is actually the distance that u cld travel on the fuel left...i barely reach a distance of 3-5km...and the range dropped from 495km to 400km, tats a variance of 95km. Thought that there was a fuel leak at that point in time.

tuck sound is the exhausts cooling down. Hot will expand, cool down will contract. Nothing unusual to me....

for point 3, suspension and tires wear and tear, thus getting bumpier as it ages, sounds normal to me too
and for point 4, bring your car for balancing and alignment

1. After driving and switching off engine, there's a tuck sound at the under carriage, seems like there's some heat expansion of metal , thats creating the tuck sounds. Quite normal cos most cars has it after shutting engine... cooling process i guess
  2. Seat belt fastener has tick sounds near the driver's side pillar (kinda irritating)no very sure abt that, my guess is the seatblet locking mechanism
  3. Drive is getting bumpier as time goes by: on 17 inch with runflats. (i know run flats could be the main issue, but it gets worse)Not running on runflat so cannot comment
  4. Car seems to be steering to the left all the time as well.CHeck alignment, Balancing and high speed balancing
  5. Air conditioner's has initial foul smell, maybe 1st 20 secs, then it dissapears after that. (Microfilter has already been changed though)i find it quite normal for conti cars leh IMHO
  6. Sometimes, the range goes crazy, from 495km, it drops dramatically within seconds to 400km (no hard driving at all).i suppose weather conditions affect the mileage i oso got this problem Is this common?

4. Car seems to be steering to the left all the time as well.Beside hi spd balancing 4 front wheel, also on wheel balancing.
  6. Sometimes, the range goes crazy, from 495km, it drops dramatically within seconds to 400km (no hard driving at all). Is this common?Mileage is calculated based on fuel left & consumption. On NSH, my mileage could increase from 600km to 800km.
Would be most appreciative if you could provide some valuable feedback. Thanks in advance. Cheers.[/quote]

Hi Everyone, Thanks for the feedback and rationale/solutions based on the problems I've highlighted.

Is there seriously no way i could get rid of the multiple tuck sounds at the undercarriage which i believe sounds like its coming either from the enitre exhaust piping stretching from front to back.

Has anyone brought their E90s to PML to rectify the "tuck" sounds and had it fixed? I'm intending to bring it over for rectification while my car's still under warranty. I was previously driving an E46, never had that issue before.

Thanks in advance.

MaVrk;345584 said:
Hi Everyone, Thanks for the feedback and rationale/solutions based on the problems I've highlighted.

Is there seriously no way i could get rid of the multiple tuck sounds at the undercarriage which i believe sounds like its coming either from the enitre exhaust piping stretching from front to back.

Has anyone brought their E90s to PML to rectify the "tuck" sounds and had it fixed? I'm intending to bring it over for rectification while my car's still under warranty. I was previously driving an E46, never had that issue before.

Thanks in advance.

I seriously dun think so u can get rid of the sounds. I suppose can go off when u change full exhaust system, my jap car oso got this problem until i used exhaust system still got sound but very very mild.

Juz my 2 cents.

MaVrk;345584 said:
There is no way 2 get rid of it. Even on short ride, my ka still got that sound. My wiv everyday ask me d same q when she get off d ka.

Hi,

Does anyone knows how much is the under carriage gearbox cover charge by PML ? I've just broke mine while going over the high ramp at the Johor causeway custom last week. Many thanks

My E90 also has this tuck tuck sound. I noticed this happens mostly in the morning and is sometimes quite loud. In fact with the engine running and door opened, u can hear it too. But during the day or at night, it is generally absent or soft. This also happened on my Cefiro but is way quieter. A few of the technicians from PML told me is the aircon drainage onto the exhaust causing contraction etc. Don't really buy that but was told it is normal. Incidentally, I also noticed this on their loan cars but quite alot softer than mine :) If anyone finds a way to quieten it, I would like to know :)

the sales executive also told me the tuck tuck sound is normal, because the car is cooling down

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet52com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back