E90 323i MOD

satines

It seems that there isnt much mod available for E90 320. What about the case of E90 323i N52? From most literature, it also seems it also does not have any great mod that can make it go faster? AFAIK, there also isnt any SC available for it.

With a humble 10K budget, what can be done to improve the performance (speed/torque) of a E90 323i?

Re: E90 323i MOD

satines;186749 said:
It seems that there isnt much mod available for E90 320. What about the case of E90 323i N52? From most literature, it also seems it also does not have any great mod that can make it go faster? AFAIK, there also isnt any SC available for it.

With a humble 10K budget, what can be done to improve the performance (speed/torque) of a E90 323i?

Basically....nothing much.

So far only the M54 block have the most mods & easiest to mod with gains up to 180bhp!!

Say 231bhp from a stock M54 3.0L, we can get more than 400bhp with 'Certain' mods.

For all the new engines, I always tell most of the bros here not to expect alot out of ECU, exhaust & airfilter.....if got 10~15bhp gain.....better be happy liao....kekekeke

If you are looking for straight line brute power......den there are nothing except NOS....kekekeke

Improve the handling & stopping, overall the car will drive faster too.....U can corner faster, stop later.......hahahaha

'The Great White'

wilman2772;186759 said:
Basically....nothing much.

So far only the M54 block have the most mods & easiest to mod with gains up to 180bhp!!

Say 231bhp from a stock M54 3.0L, we can get more than 400bhp with 'Certain' mods.

For all the new engines, I always tell most of the bros here not to expect alot out of ECU, exhaust & airfilter.....if got 10~15bhp gain.....better be happy liao....kekekeke

If you are looking for straight line brute power......den there are nothing except NOS....kekekeke

Improve the handling & stopping, overall the car will drive faster too.....U can corner faster, stop later.......hahahaha

'The Great White'

Inside the ultra-light crankcase reside extremely light and robust connecting rods. The trapezoidal design of the N52’s con-rods saves a few grams per part, but those few grams are precious at higher engine speeds. Like all BMW connecting rods, those in the N52 are “cracked” into two pieces at the bottom rather than machined. The resulting uneven mating surfaces of the two halves makes for a stronger assembly when bolted together, again allowing for greater stability under the strenuous conditions the engine is expected to withstand.

Lightweight components find their way into the cylinder head as well. Aside from the composite construction of the engine block, the most significant reduction in weight comes from the use of hollow camshafts. Typically camshafts are cast or forged to their rough shape, then machined to their final form. For the N52 engine, BMW takes advantage of hydroforming technology to shave more than a pound out of each camshaft, a 25% reduction.

The starting point for these new cams is a steel tube, over which the individual cam lobes are installed. The parts are placed together in a forming die that accurately orients the lobes and the bearing surfaces before the tube is filled with a high-pressure burst of water. At over 58,000 psi, the pressure from the water expands the tube, forcing it together with the lobes to create the complete camshaft.

Inside the N52 Engine

camshaft.jpg

Everythign is lightweight. Even your camshafts are hollow to preserve weight. That is why nothing much can be done to give you the oooomph without compromising the reliability and endurance of the engine. Its like asking a Lotus car to tow a Boeing 747. Wilman has hit the point very right by saying improve handling and stopping. I wuldnt recommend NOS though unless you wanna see your pistons shooting throught your bonnet. :lol2:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the bad news guys BUT that is what I have found myself. There are no mods out there to improve it. Even the E90 320 has exhaust which the 323 does not have (LTA approved).

Kiddy M;186828 said:
NOS NOS NOS!!! wooohoooo!!! Put la... I wanna see!!! :D :D :D

rent "too fast too furious" dvd lor....
else wait till i eat curry, i also got NOS

hitmee;186842 said:
rent "too fast too furious" dvd lor....
else wait till i eat curry, i also got NOS
fire extinguster..:screwedu:

POWER..:woowooo:

elmariachi;186764 said:
Inside the ultra-light crankcase reside extremely light and robust connecting rods. The trapezoidal design of the N52’s con-rods saves a few grams per part, but those few grams are precious at higher engine speeds. Like all BMW connecting rods, those in the N52 are “cracked” into two pieces at the bottom rather than machined. The resulting uneven mating surfaces of the two halves makes for a stronger assembly when bolted together, again allowing for greater stability under the strenuous conditions the engine is expected to withstand.

Lightweight components find their way into the cylinder head as well. Aside from the composite construction of the engine block, the most significant reduction in weight comes from the use of hollow camshafts. Typically camshafts are cast or forged to their rough shape, then machined to their final form. For the N52 engine, BMW takes advantage of hydroforming technology to shave more than a pound out of each camshaft, a 25% reduction.

The starting point for these new cams is a steel tube, over which the individual cam lobes are installed. The parts are placed together in a forming die that accurately orients the lobes and the bearing surfaces before the tube is filled with a high-pressure burst of water. At over 58,000 psi, the pressure from the water expands the tube, forcing it together with the lobes to create the complete camshaft.

Inside the N52 Engine

camshaft.jpg

Everythign is lightweight. Even your camshafts are hollow to preserve weight. That is why nothing much can be done to give you the oooomph without compromising the reliability and endurance of the engine. Its like asking a Lotus car to tow a Boeing 747. Wilman has hit the point very right by saying improve handling and stopping. I wuldnt recommend NOS though unless you wanna see your pistons shooting throught your bonnet. :lol2:

Hope this helps.

Hi Bro, but 323 and 325 has the "same" six pot rite? Was told that its because of the difference in the way the ECU is mapped. True? If its just electronics, surely something can be done. Just curious...

chuckky;197793 said:
Hi Bro, but 323 and 325 has the "same" six pot rite? Was told that its because of the difference in the way the ECU is mapped. True? If its just electronics, surely something can be done. Just curious...

BMW is not stupid to detune it by ECU only. Alof of other things like pumps, injectors are all different. It is such that if you were to try do upgrade to a real 325 performance, you would have rather saved the time paying upfront for the 325 itself.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back