• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

e90 330i for sale

Re: e90 330i for sale

adsnx;171230 said:
ho, u PM me early tis mth...got yr xenon installed & selling now...:(
hope u can find someone taking over tis fine ride soon..gd luck!

hi bro, just testing the market.if some one buy over than i can change to 335i.

if not than i drive 335i in my dreams at night.

cheers

Hi all, my friend bought a E46 330i from AIM which is a PI at $180k 4 years back. So far no problem except a circuit board failure on his rear light. He went to PML for repair but got a hard time claiming back the $. In the end, he gave up.

ABD,

you did not read my point properly. What I meant was that a normal non-BMW enthusiast couldn't care less if their cars came without folding mirrors.

I'm not a fan of PML but I guess there's always a willing buyer willing seller theory. Also arrogance is something I would not tolerate from a seller as well.

If one day I should decide to get a BMW perhaps a Z4M or M3 or M5 I would still go back to PML. If I would purchase a 320 or 523 or 730, I would go the PI route.

nobody is missing any point.

the point is how much you are missing your money or pride.

throw spanner

rexvtec, i think i understand your point about buying the special cars from PML and the "normal" ones from PI. i guess if you can afford to pay that kind of money for such cars, you'd rather pay extra for peace of mind etc.

though i'd love to see a PI group buy for the 335 someday...but give it another half to 1 year to settle down first...what kind of savings are we talking about here..? i remember Ahbeng saying it was 209K at vincar some months back vs. 238K at pml fully-specced. i must say pml is very smart to not bring in the 330 coupe and only offer the 335 fully-specced...that way you have to pay that sum of money and yet cannot complain low specs!!!

kurqa;171389 said:
rexvtec, i think i understand your point about buying the special cars from PML and the "normal" ones from PI. i guess if you can afford to pay that kind of money for such cars, you'd rather pay extra for peace of mind etc.

though i'd love to see a PI group buy for the 335 someday...but give it another half to 1 year to settle down first...what kind of savings are we talking about here..? i remember Ahbeng saying it was 209K at vincar some months back vs. 238K at pml fully-specced. i must say pml is very smart to not bring in the 330 coupe and only offer the 335 fully-specced...that way you have to pay that sum of money and yet cannot complain low specs!!!

Trust me, if there was a 335 PI group buy, u guys can get the 335 around $195k I reckon. Thats for like 4 to 5 cars?

kurqa;171389 said:

Correct. PML is also doing some homework. U see, they still have advantage in terms of scale. I am not sure how they do business with BMW ASIA but I reckon they bulk order the lower models so their cost for say the 320i can be quite low and they could therefore sell it 'cheaper' at a level PIs will find it diff to compete. Currently, PIs focus on high end models, the 335, M3, M5, X5 bcos they jolly well know PML mark up the margin like crazy. Maybe the cost to PML for these higher end ones are also slightly higher, who knows.

If you go to Toyota Wish forum, u will see all the PIs each having a section there to advertise their cars and prices. Thats why the prices of WISH is so competitive which in turn makes it very popular for those looking for a MPV. Unfortunately, for BMWs, we have reached that stage yet.

Did someone mention the E46 330i owner had hard time claiming back his $$? If I were that person, PML had better had a good explanation. Else, I ll shoot a complaint letter to BMW ASIA and BMW HQ in Germany, and also to CASE and STOMP and what have you. All BMWs are covered under a 2 year int'l warranty irregardless of who u buy from.

kurqa;171389 said:

Correct. PML is also doing some homework. U see, they still have advantage in terms of scale. I am not sure how they do business with BMW ASIA but I reckon they bulk order the lower models so their cost for say the 320i can be quite low and they could therefore sell it 'cheaper' at a level PIs will find it diff to compete. Currently, PIs focus on high end models, the 335, M3, M5, X5 bcos they jolly well know PML mark up the margin like crazy. Maybe the cost to PML for these higher end ones are also slightly higher, who knows.

If you go to Toyota Wish forum, u will see all the PIs each having a section there to advertise their cars and prices. Thats why the prices of WISH is so competitive which in turn makes it very popular for those looking for a MPV. Unfortunately, for BMWs, we have reached that stage yet.

Did someone mention the E46 330i owner had hard time claiming back his $$? If I were that person, PML had better had a good explanation. Else, I ll shoot a complaint letter to BMW ASIA and BMW HQ in Germany, and also to CASE and STOMP and what have you. All BMWs are covered under a 2 year int'l warranty irregardless of who u buy from.

This is my 1st few posts here in the forum so just want to say Hello 1st of all.. Anyway I believe people know that official distributors in Singapore actually at times own shares in parallel importers! This is a FACT... This as it as ABD has mentioned it is actually to be able to market the entire range of cars in Singapore and to cater for each market segment.. Not sure if many people are aware of this... Bread and butter models with high volume must have the adequate technical support and back up which the larger companies like PML have the set up to do... Unlike the higher end models which are fewer in number.. Anyway with this international warranty given by the manufacturer it self then does it make sense to own the PIs? Anyway it is a small market and trust me many ways are being discussed to corner it...

To me I will buy from PML if I want assurance on after sales support and back and more than willing to pay the premium for that peace of mind.. I would go to PIs if it is just really the car that I want and willing to take a risk on having issues with after sales support... Ultimately the consumer decides and I believe everyone goes in knowing exactly what they are in for whether it is the PI or PML route.. For me I know PML always sell their cars at a premium but I just focus on earning enough to afford that... I am not too sure if PML would ever succumb to pressure to revise pricing and all... People would still buy... Anyway my 1 cent worth of my opinion

BMWs are great cars.. I will surely buy your BMW very interested BUT... Problem is i don't intend to change car now. Maybe june.

This seems to have turned into a PML v PI thread... :D

While I have had my fair share of dissatisfaction and run-ins with PML, I will cut them a bit of slack wrt to higher pricing.

When the authorised agent brings in a model, they have to bring along with it all the tech support. Special tooling for repair/maintenance, manuals, sending techies for training in Deutchland or bringing ze Germans over to train the staff. Sales staff must also be trained on new models. Not to mention building up an inventory of spares to support the customers. Printing of brochures, product launches (remember the E90 launch at the Padang?), etc.

All these cost money, which PIs do not have to contend with. PIs have a much simpler job of just looking at the cost of importing and slapping their margin on it. PML has to look at the total cost of doing all of the above, projecting sales of a particular model over its product cycle life, then amortise these costs over the projected quantity.

The difference in prices between PML and PI does not equate to pure profit for PML. This difference will get bigger for higher-end models, which are not expected to sell in great numbers. The costs mentioned above will have to be spread over fewer cars sold. Which is why you see PML selling M cars for a lot more than PIs.

So, while I will seriously consider going the PI route and enjoy the savings, I wouldn't quite bash PML on pricing policy so hard. I would however do my fair share of grumbling on their technical competence... :p

Hi all, will like to know which PI carry BMW cars in singapore? Going PI route will it save some money and get the same spec as what PML sold or even better spec?
what should be look up for when buying BMW from PI?

enquiring on behalf of my friend.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500aeminfo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back