E90 335i stock brakes for 320i PFL?

macholoi

Hi all,

Got my pre-owned E90 320i XL PFL abt a month ago. Looking to upgrade my stock brakes for a better safety performance. I dun track, just street driving.

Initially thinking of BBK but decided it may be overkill, hence looking at whether if 335i stock brakes will work on my 320i? Just fit without modification?

Anyone have advise where I can get them and estimated pricing?

Thanks in advance!

Re: E90 335i stock brakes for 320i PFL?

calling wt_know...please explain...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

My current understanding is that it should fit, but need to make mod to the rear rotor to fit? My rims are 18"..

Hi, any update on this matter?
Currently looking forward to change my front 320 to 335 brake set up.
For front only is it pnp?

Front is a direct bolt on.

Rear need modifications being that the rotor housing is bigger.

FZainol;1096852 said:
Hi, any update on this matter?
Currently looking forward to change my front 320 to 335 brake set up.
For front only is it pnp?

Red_Bean_Bun;1096887 said:
Front is a direct bolt on.

Rear need modifications being that the rotor housing is bigger.

Thanks bro, im just gonna change the front n rear will be stock
Hope there wont be any problem on the pedal feel...fear it will be softer pedal feel than stock now. Any experienced on this? I hope current master pump able to cope with the bigger caliper..

ac323;915751 said:
calling wt_know...please explain...
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

This upgrade seems to be very common, Im also a commoner and have been thru this.
following are responds I've received from the other bros here:

credits to wt_know:

Hi wt know,
e90/92 335 and e93 335 all use the same brakes correct?
i was contacted by a fellow bro saying he got a e93 stock brake set to let go, but his unsure if its gonna fit onto my e90 320 even if the rear hat is mod.
I see from past threads everybody asking for e90 or e92 335 brakes only. is there e93 335 locally in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by wt_know
335 brake setup, front rotor = 348mm & rear rotor = 336mm
335 front is direct plug and play for 320
335 rear need to modify the bracket in order for the handbrake to work (cost about$500-$600 for the bracket modification)
you cannot reuse the 320 rotor for 333 caliper as the 320 rotor size is too small.
if you go with the 335, get the front+rear as a complete setup. you can either use the oem 335 rotors or rotora x-drilled/slotted rotors (more expensive). in term of brake pad, i suggest to use oem (perfect fit for caliper, no screeching sound, cheap and good, problem is heavy brake dust)

if you go with bmw performance brake, you can either get the front which is direct fit and leave the rear. else, you can also modify the rear to fit. the modification cost, i forgot how much already. the bmw performance front cost about $2.8k + rear should be $4k++

check out this thread
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/member-...-320i-lci.html

my advice
a. if go with 335, get a used set > cheaply > front & rear
b. if go with bmw performance, get front and rear as a complete set
=================================================================

credits to site sponsors on costings - please verify as these are >1yr old quotes.

To mod the 335 rear disc to fit a 320 is $450. We need to have the rear disc to be machined and requires a couple of days.
Labor to install all 4 brake disc and calipers including partial removal of rear disc plate is $200. We have to do bleeding and replacement of brake fluid for $70 using Motul dot5.1 brake fluid.

the following mods will cost $580 and is only before GST. We flush and bleed the entire braking system with Liqui Moly dot5.1 brake fluid. If you wish to proceed with the following job, I would need you to bring the rear brake disc to us like 3 days in advance to get it modified to fit your rear

Vansoh;1097228 said:
This upgrade seems to be very common, Im also a commoner and have been thru this.

credits to wt_know:

Hi wt know,
i was contacted by a fellow bro saying he got a e93 stock brake set to let go, but his unsure if its gonna fit onto my e90 320 even if the rear hat is mod.
I see from past threads everybody asking for e90 or e92 335 brakes only. is there e93 335 locally in the first place?

335 rear need to modify the bracket in order for the handbrake to work (cost about$500-$600 for the bracket modification)
you cannot reuse the 320 rotor for 333 caliper as the 320 rotor size is too small.
if you go with the 335, get the front+rear as a complete setup. you can either use the oem 335 rotors or rotora x-drilled/slotted rotors (more expensive). in term of brake pad, i suggest to use oem (perfect fit for caliper, no screeching sound, cheap and good, problem is heavy brake dust)

if you go with bmw performance brake, you can either get the front which is direct fit and leave the rear. else, you can also modify the rear to fit. the modification cost, i forgot how much already. the bmw performance front cost about $2.8k + rear should be $4k++

check out this thread

my advice

credits to site sponsors on costings - please verify as these are >1yr old quotes.

To mod the 335 rear disc to fit a 320 is $450. We need to have the rear disc to be machined and requires a couple of days.
Labor to install all 4 brake disc and calipers including partial removal of rear disc plate is $200. We have to do bleeding and replacement of brake fluid for $70 using Motul dot5.1 brake fluid.

the following mods will cost $580 and is only before GST. We flush and bleed the entire braking system with Liqui Moly dot5.1 brake fluid. If you wish to proceed with the following job, I would need you to bring the rear brake disc to us like 3 days in advance to get it modified to fit your rear

affordable upgrades..........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Thanks Vansoh! So advisable to go for a set of 335 ie front n rear is it?
Or front only no problem? As i manage to get a front set only n didnt plan to do all the modification to fit the rear..

Its always best to change it as a full set.
Changing the front only is also acceptable, i reckon alot of bros here only changed the front.
BTW, I'm on stock brakes myself.

casper77;1097278 said:
after 1 big round i like your final sentence bro....

Cause after 1 big round, i relised that to be really fast and furious, you gotta forget about brakes.
Till now, my balls havent grown big enough to remove the calipers and rotors.

Vansoh;1097228 said:

credits to wt_know:

Hi wt know,

check out this thread

my advice

Any idea on which workshop does such mods?? Can pm me thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back