E90 Auto Trunk

Re: E90 Auto Trunk

Have requested contact from TS twice but no reply.Maybe TS seldom online.

Hi,
Can any brothers who have done the mod, kindly pm me the damage and the contact as well?
Thanks in advance.

Call the guy who does the mod. According to him, he stopped doing e90. Got issues after some time. TS please verify.

lesliek;1051264 said:
Call the guy who does the mod. According to him, he stopped doing e90. Got issues after some time. TS please verify.

What issues would that be? I did hear about it being harder to close only...

not sure bro deepster. called the installer and he just told me got a lot of issues so he don't do it anymore. :/

Can other bros who have installed this kindly provide some feedback on this mod? Not all bros will face a problem I suppose. My trunk damper has weaken and the lid has become too heavy & troublesome. Still hope this mod can help.

The first version affected the ball joints of the damper. The tension and position of the springs created too much stress for the plastic joints. The damper would then slip out of the socket with an impact to the windscreen or trunk.

The second version would need drilling to mount the springs in a different place. Will cause a slight mis-alignment of the trunk to the rear boot area.

stiffzzzz;1057784 said:
Can other bros who have installed this kindly provide some feedback on this mod? Not all bros will face a problem I suppose. My trunk damper has weaken and the lid has become too heavy & troublesome. Still hope this mod can help.

If u change new dampers it will be MUCH better, no need to risk a dodgy mod.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nestsfinder
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back