Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 14.1 - 15 l/100km

• 15.1 - 16 l/100km

• Total voters

Jase

Hi folks,

I just wanted to do a quick poll on your E90's fuel consumption (l/100km). I originally enjoyed about 12+l/100km but it's gone up to about 14-15l/100km. I've not been driving too fast around town (new car and all) so I expect lower fuel efficiency. That said, it's still above BMW's projections and I wanted to know if it's a problem or just typical Singapore standards.

Cheers,
J

Re: E90 Fuel Consumption (l/100km)

Wow. 2 have already reported 9 (or lower) l/100km. That's good for them but worrying for me. What sorta speeds do you drive at?

Jase, everything boils down to start stop traffic. Pushing off from a standstill consumes up to 5x more then in constant cruise mode.

Hubba;181658 said:
Jase, everything boils down to start stop traffic. Pushing off from a standstill consumes up to 5x more then in constant cruise mode.

Thanks, hubba. I do a lot of start/stops with my route to work. Peak hour traffic is a pain. However, I'm not sure what a good estimate of fuel consumption is for those who encounter similar traffic conditions like I do.

BTW, is there anyway I can reset my fuel consumption gauge? Note, not my odometer. Just my l/100km gauge.

Its in the radio control area... mess with the buttons there and you should be able to reset the trip/board computer.

my car is 100% stock and I use 98 octane patrol... i get about 450 to 500km per full tank till the warning sign comes on.

Jase;181660 said:
BTW, is there anyway I can reset my fuel consumption gauge? Note, not my odometer. Just my l/100km gauge.
on the turn indicator, adjust 'up/down' key till the l/100km is displayed. then press and hold the 'confirm' button until gauge is reset. likewise for avg. speed if you wanted to reset that too.

jooggie;181686 said:
my car is 100% stock and I use 98 octane patrol... i get about 450 to 500km per full tank till the warning sign comes on.
likewise, but i pump weekly at around half way mark, usually about 28-30ltrs and would have travelled about 300km. so avg about 10l/km, probably also because i use the highway about 60% of the time (actually more but lower it to factor for the start/ stop situation on some highways e.g. CTE)

The funny thing is that I also get about 500km with a full tank. I wonder if my gauge is reading wrong.

And (my apologies for not mentioning this earlier), I'm driving a 320i. Also, thanks guys for helping me figure out my high-tech dashboard :) I'll see if that helps :)

So far from my experience......using steptronic is more fuel economical than automatic gear. Especially when you drop gear as you climb slope...... ;-).....thinking of modding the M steering with paddle shift.....hehe

yah using the steptronic is fun! but knowing its drinking like a fish...rather not use it.. so jase, do u use it alot?

Guys, dun mind me digressing slightly, since we're talking about fuel consumption...

Last week when i went to shell, the assistant told me that something is missing from my fuel tank cap (not the main lid)...there's supposed to be a 'stick' (?) attached to the cap such that it can be slot into the hole/holder at the flip side of the lid.. instead of letting the cap hang?

Is there such a thing?

BryanK;181762 said:
Guys, dun mind me digressing slightly, since we're talking about fuel consumption...

Last week when i went to shell, the assistant told me that something is missing from my fuel tank cap (not the main lid)...there's supposed to be a 'stick' (?) attached to the cap such that it can be slot into the hole/holder at the flip side of the lid.. instead of letting the cap hang?

Is there such a thing?
Yup, there's supposed to be a little stick (I think it's green in colour) which sticks out from the bottom of the cap so that you can slot it into the groove on the side. It's hard to describe. I'll see if I can take a picture of it this w/end to show you. Essentially, the cap isn't supposed to dangle. I'm not sure if it's for all BMWs.

mine's 320 , running on 18" Non-runflat tyres doin abt 12.3L/100km....heavy footed as well.

My reset settings indicate about 12.7 now which is better but I'm gonna keep monitoring this. Thanks all :)

Most pleased - my running around today/yesterday has given me a reading of 10.5 - 11. I think it all boiled down to my constant starting/stopping on my way to work which gave me a high reading. I'm now at 11.5, I think, which is much better.

gadgets;181712 said:
on the turn indicator, adjust 'up/down' key till the l/100km is displayed. then press and hold the 'confirm' button until gauge is reset. likewise for avg. speed if you wanted to reset that too.
apologies, just realise an error here, adjusting the 'up/down' will get you to the other settings. u shd press 'confirm' button to cycle the OBC to show l/100km, then press and hold 'confirm' until gauge is reset.

while we are on FC, can I ask if any bros here experienced better FC when you switched from 98 to 95 (or for that matter, 95 to 98 )?

I don't know though I've been told that there is a difference in power, rather than FC. I've been using 98 since I first started driving and will keep to it, unless there's no obvious benefit. That said, I'm also interested to know if there's a marked difference (whether in power or FC) from 95 to 98.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back