E90 Headlight restoration

daz3

Just sent my E90 for headlight restoration as it was filled with scratches. Previous owner must have used green wool or something to clean the headlights thus leaving a lot of minor scratches.

Before restoration

After restoration

Overall very satisfied as the headlight looks much better now,i would say 90% like new.
Total Damage: $120
Downtime: About 2 hours

Any bros needs the contact can PM me.

Re: E90 Headlight restoration

Nice work done to restore those headlights!

PM sent guys!

Yes indeed nice work done.Saved me a lot from replacing the whole headlamps.

PM sent!

Was wondering can i just post the shops contact here?is it against forum rules?

just sharing; my headlights were oxidized too. i send them for polishing but the interior still remains yellow, where the white eyebrow portions are. in the end, i couldnt stand it and ordered a set of depo from ebay after reading the other thread here. feels very nice with the angel eyes!

jacobang;1032797 said:
just sharing; my headlights were oxidized too. i send them for polishing but the interior still remains yellow, where the white eyebrow portions are. in the end, i couldnt stand it and ordered a set of depo from ebay after reading the other thread here. feels very nice with the angel eyes!

Yes,scratches and oxidation can be removed from the exterior of the headlamps. There is no way you can remove oxidation from inside unless you dismantle the whole headlights which IMO is not worth doing considering there may be leakage problem in future as the original seal is not intact anymore.

Huzaini;1032769 said:
Hi, can PM me the contact please. Thank you.

Hi Bro, I hope you didn't miss this. Can provide me with the contact details please. Thank you.

I'm also a new owner of BMW. :nehnehhh:

Very very excited with my new car. So even though its a 2nd hand, I wanted it to look brand new.
I accompanied my friend to clean his headlight yesterday. Result not bad.
Maybe when my BMW getting older, her eyes become duller, I will give her a complete eyes restoration too. :yummie:

jacobang;1032797 said:

Bro, how much u paid for the depo include freight?

Can PM me contact? My headlamps were polished by Autobacs for $40 for both. The problem was that after a year, the headlamp plastic oxidizes and became yellowish. Do they apply some kind of UV protection polish on your headlamps for $120?

You don't want those oxidized headlights to spoil look of your car and also disperse lights glaring onto drivers coming from opposite side of the road.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mksportsink
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back