E90 K&N Drop in Air Filter

Re: E90 K&N Drop in Air Filter

Any recommendation on where to get the best price for K & N filter ? also can advice where to get volker spark plug . Tks

you can get both K&N and volker plugs from R2D. check the sponsor listing page.
happy modding :D

AdrianNg;526624 said:
Any recommendation on where to get the best price for K & N filter ? also can advice where to get volker spark plug . Tks

Hi wt_know,

May i ask different model and different type of filter got much difference?? Thks.

wt_know;507563 said:
if your ride is e90 320, a drop in filter is better than open pod.

you can get k&n filter from bvo, r2d or other workshops listed in the sponsor list.

Hi arowana1,

11.5 reallly save petrol man!!! Mine always show 10.6....

Hw u do it??? :thinking:

arowana1;511996 said:
first full tank after k&n in e90 gave me fc of 9.5km/l compared to previous 11.5km/l. hmm maybe i should junk it. too much added power making right foot very heavy...

Tig@r;526673 said:
Hi arowana1,

11.5 reallly save petrol man!!! Mine always show 10.6....

Hw u do it??? :thinking:
There are many factors into play with regards to fc. It depends on your driving style (whether you are the cheong and brake type), driving route (whether you are always on the highway), age and condition of your vehicle, petrol used (95 seems to consume more petrol than 98) etc.

Recently I drove to KL from Singapore and only 1/4 tank was consumed, giving an amazing fc of 14 km/l, so I now believe in BMW's "Efficient Dynamics"

Hi achee,

Thks 4 ur advise. I dont drv real hard... Mayb i shld chg the type of petrol and see hw. Thks again.

K & N are oil filters so when you clean it, you need to dry and re oil...... which i hated....

hurricane stainless steel .... just wash and blow dry :thumbsup:

wccm;533344 said:
K & N are oil filters so when you clean it, you need to dry and re oil...... which i hated....

The problem with Hurricane or KNN filter is fine dirt particles can pass thru and cause your MAF sensor choked so need to clean frequently..

wt_know;533399 said:
hurricane stainless steel .... just wash and blow dry :thumbsup:

Wow didnt know that...my rpm during idling not so steady always thought is due to MAF sensor..what you reckon it to be the cause???

wt_know;533423 said:
E90 320 has NO MAF sensor .... :thumbsup:

I use stock filter. Stock the best.

zorro;533427 said:
Wow didnt know that...my rpm during idling not so steady always thought is due to MAF sensor..what you reckon it to be the cause???
spark plug? Ignition coil?

My friend pass me 4 pcs of Denso Iridium IK20 and I checked website say can use so I use lor....must go and check up when free...

spark plug? Ignition coil?[/QUOTE]

Sorry to dig up this post. I need HELP.

I'm driving a E90 320i with K&N filter clocking 32000km, reckon the filter need a clean badly. Can anyone advice where can I get the filter clean and service by the professional. What is the approx price for such service. I really don't know how to DIY, only knows how to top up window washer water. PLEASE HELP. Thanks :)

bro any workshop selling K&N should be able to help...
if not u can go to any stamford tyre. they got sell the cleaning solution n can help u to clean.
should be $10 to $30 for labour but if u know them they can help u to clean FOC. :)

Hi Bro. Thanks for the inform. Will drop by shops that sell K&N next few days, hopefully he can help me clean the filter with a small price. I bought K&N filter cleaning kit, thinking its easy. After pop open bonnet, torchlight shine up and down, I surrender.

u got the cleaning kits ah... u need a special screw head to unscrew the airbox.

Just go macwell at ubi. They got all the stuff to clean for u...
Most important not too much oil.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back