E90 LCI 318/320 ecu tuning

Re: E90 LCI 318/320 ecu tuning

snowmanyee;638480 said:
I reflashed my ecu but I somehow felt that my car is deteriorating in performance. Dunno why.

huh really.. mine still okay.. the power still there.. :thumbsup:

Has anyone actually posted their problems after remap/reflash the ECU? I always believe there are pros and cons of everything.

dantito;638592 said:
huh really.. mine still okay.. the power still there.. :thumbsup:

maybe psychological effects, it could also be the dirty air filter and spark plugs etc... or maybe I have put on weight and made my car heavier.. :huhhuh:

E90koh;645960 said:
Has anyone actually posted their problems after remap/reflash the ECU? I always believe there are pros and cons of everything.

So far I don't seem to encounter any problems after the remap... the only problem with me is got fined for speeding twice in the space of less than 2 months, donated $300 to Traffic Police and got myself 12 points. :wtf:

Still think this is the best value for money mod :oooops:

Appreciate more feedbacks about the disadvantages from other friends here. :)

Personally, I have not encountered any disadvantages from the ECU remap done by BOSS. The car is more responsive and transmission is smoother. Pickup jerks (from stock ECU map) are gone. Best part is I am still using stock air filter and exhaust.

Hi All,

Just got my car tuned on Tue and all I can say that it's much more responsive than before. Much quicker also from 40 - 90 kmph and i'm only on D mode. Wondering how's DS mode going to be like.....
Will there be saving on FC???? :thinking:

Overall experience, best....:lol2:

good for you. beware of speeding ticket and demerit points ya :lol:

kokonn_2002;647066 said:
Hi All,

Just got my car tuned on Tue and all I can say that it's much more responsive than before. Much quicker also from 40 - 90 kmph and i'm only on D mode. Wondering how's DS mode going to be like.....

kokonn_2002;647066 said:
Hi All,

where did u go tune bro? Boss?

kokonn_2002;647066 said:
Hi All,

Hmm....time to change my ride to a Beemer? Keke........

Did it at Boss...

Just to share my FC aft tuning, getting 9.01 km to the litre. Use to get only 7+ km per litre..

IMHO some savings loh....:)

How abt other Bros????

KO...

Hi Bros, going to get my car soon. would like to check on tuning our 320i is it safe as it will not damage our tranny and engine? For example for 1.4 twincharge VW the gearbox only can take 250NM of torque if you tune to stage 1 the gearbox would fail and engine may cause problems ... so how safe is the tuning for our 320i? so far any issues? the tuning considered agressive or non agressive?

dgman;655678 said:
Hi Bros, going to get my car soon. would like to check on tuning our 320i is it safe as it will not damage our tranny and engine? For example for 1.4 twincharge VW the gearbox only can take 250NM of torque if you tune to stage 1 the gearbox would fail and engine may cause problems ... so how safe is the tuning for our 320i? so far any issues? the tuning considered agressive or non agressive?

so far no issue, most of the time owner will find excuses to bring the car out more often that's all........

vroom vroom
cheers

personally, I hv no problem after the remap... enjoyed it till now.
however, the engine is noiser than before as pointed out by few friends and wife.
this occurred after the remap but it didn't bother me.

noiser during idle or rev'ing ?
more vroom vroom sound :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

My car has slightly more vroom vroom rumble when idle and driven hard.

The noise is definitely not the vroom vroom sound... the engine bay became noisy after the remap...both driving & idling.....
however, when the car is pushed... is a joy...

Thank You bors for your inputs ... will consider .... i still got issues getting over my previous ride tuning ....

How is the FC after re-tunning.
My FC seems to reduce from 9+km/l to 8+km/l after tunning. I did not change my driving pattern.

my FC no change after the tuning...mine is E90 320i...before and after still 9.2km/ltr...however, the drive feels better.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zomclub1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back