E90 Leaking water into cabin floor - driver side

xeonm3

Hi guys, anyone encounter leaking water into cabin for E90 ? Could be coming in from the door seal.
Check with PML and they said need to leave the car there for 2-3 days to identify the source of the problem.
The 2-3 days downtime is too long for me... anyone have this problem and send in to other workshop to resolve the issue ? Thx for helping...

Re: E90 Leaking water into cabin floor - driver side

Have you done any ICE installation lately? If yes, chances are the leak is coming from the door panels.

just go to any of the workshop in the folders and change the rubber seals....max 2 hrs done.

do not need to put at pml for 2-3 days lah.....

I encounter this problems twice. Once front driver seat ans yesterday rear seat. Water seeped in through door seal. It happened when I parked my car in the open in heavy rain days. I just don't bother to go back pml. It's just a hassle. Just make do with it and change to another car brand a few years later.

Wow. That is pretty hard to accept when probably a Toyota Altis won't have this problem...

snowmanyee;610383 said:
I encounter this problems twice. Once front driver seat ans yesterday rear seat. Water seeped in through door seal. It happened when I parked my car in the open in heavy rain days. I just don't bother to go back pml. It's just a hassle. Just make do with it and change to another car brand a few years later.

that's because in our head we cannot accept that BMW has 'easy problem' (non high tech ) that is unacceptable
and the problem is tend to be magnified compare to lower prestige maker

douggie;610487 said:
Wow. That is pretty hard to accept when probably a Toyota Altis won't have this problem...

Last edited by a moderator:

como;610358 said:
just go to any of the workshop in the folders and change the rubber seals....max 2 hrs done.

do not need to put at pml for 2-3 days lah.....

Thanks, think i will do that first and monitor the situation.
I'm just worried that the water seeped in from other areas.

douggie;610487 said:

Haha... totally agree with you. My previous jap car also don't have this problem .... hiaz...

This problem usually occurs after 2-3 yrs of car ownership. The door weather seal behind the door cards use bitumen to seal itseYour lf. the weather seal is a foam sheet and the bitumen is used to stick it to the door. Japanese cars use a sheet of plastic to in place the foam. Under the heat of our tropical climate, the foam separates from the the bitumen and opens up a slit. So when it rains, the water seeps inbetween the door glass and the rubber seal at the bottom edge. The stream of water flows inside the door and eventually contacts the inner side of the foam sheet and thereafter the stream finds th slit and the water finds its way out just behind the door card. The rubber seal around the door actually diverts the water into the cabin and you hav yourself a mini pool.

Usually not a big problem...

good analysis

Last edited by a moderator:

If you read up other BMW forums on the net, you will notice water seepage into the car may have different sources although most would just go for the easiest source..the door.

Mine also kenna water ponding on the driver's and passenger's floorboard and I tried to find the source. My door panels were dry, I had no sunroof and I did not touch any of the stock ICE or any thing that might affect the waterproofing, In fact it couldn't have come from the door panels cos I just changed all the rubber seals after respraying my car.

Dumbfounded, I went to my regular workshop and the mech hoist up my car and we both saw where the problem came from....aircon water seeping back into the car. The hose which was supposed to allow aircon condensation water to flow down got stuck and thus the water seeped back in. Once tat blockage was cleared, I had no more problems after that and the floorboards were allowed to dry off for 2 whole days after they took out both front seats.

For once, MW is adding value........

I wouldn't dare to compare BMW to a Japanese car......because davidtch will scold me :p

kenntona;610693 said:
For once, MW is adding value........

Water fountain near the window makes good fengshui.

Thanks for all ur input... going R2D there for repairs...

I just bought a e90 and experienced the same problem of water leaking from door seals. I am sitting in the car under heavy rain ad watching the water come in on passenger and driver side. Can anyone advise how much it will cost to fix this?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back