E90 M3 (Or might be called the M4)

Daimion

Here's the latest I've heard about the M3 (pictured). First off, BMW may actually put out a Sedan version, and the Coupe/Cabriolet would be dubbed the M4. Though I really think the sedan version would be pointless.
I've never been such a big fan of the Bangle designed cars, but have to say that the design of this ///M is really something. (Could just be the angle of the photo though).

It will have a 400bhp V8. But unexpected, it won't be the same engine as the E39 M5. It'll be a version of the M5's V10, minus 2 cylinders. So it'll be a 4.0l, instead of 5.0l (as the E39). It also won't feature Valvetronic. (? :p). BMW probably just hasn't perfected valvetronic for a high-revving engine for production yet.

So what does it all mean? Just one word... SWEET......[/img]

when can i order one? :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Well it's due to debut at Geneva end of this year. So production'll probably start early 2006. So I guess it'll hit our shores (officially) mid '06.
Also, the Sedan, Coupe, and Cabriolet will still retain the M3 badge. The M4 is reserved for a Hard-Top Cabriolet. And of course, a CSL version will be out.

I still don't understand the need for the sedan. Wonder how they're gonna market it. The E46 ///M never had a sedan to take away sales from the E39 M5.

But the E36 had a sedan version of the M3.
I wish the M cars were more like the normal versions. I think BMW is making the M cars more and more different. If I wanted a fast and flashy car, I'll choose a Porsche or something. I like what Audi does. The RS cars are understated and simple but blistering fast.

Well it's due to debut at Geneva end of this year. So production'll probably start early 2006. So I guess it'll hit our shores (officially) mid '06.
Also, the Sedan, Coupe, and Cabriolet will still retain the M3 badge. The M4 is reserved for a Hard-Top Cabriolet. And of course, a CSL version will be out.

I still don't understand the need for the sedan. Wonder how they're gonna market it. The E46 ///M never had a sedan to take away sales from the E39 M5.

Hi Daimion, I will take the sedan over the coupe anytime (if and when I have that kind of money) since I like to fetch people around.. ahem.... ;)

I guess its just a matter of different ppl different wants. The subaru legacy is doing well despite being a four door; its a fast 4 door car that is yet practical. Some ppl would never get a 2 door, other than a sportser or cabriolet. Product segmentization?

I wish the M cars were more like the normal versions. I think BMW is making the M cars more and more different. If I wanted a fast and flashy car, I'll choose a Porsche or something. I like what Audi does. The RS cars are understated and simple but blistering fast.

Hi Tanzy, I think the the M cars can afford to be different since one is paying so much more. The RS are blistering, but only a couple is sold in Singapore (i may well be wrong but last year the audi guys told me only 3 were sold). I'm not sure of the reason why, but maybe it looks just like the regular audis? not everyone revere engine capacity, I am sure that more car buyers in Singapore are mindful of looks than performance wise. Than again, we are free to choose what we like yah? enjoy!

album_pic.php

definitely worth drooling over!

Tanzy said:
I wish the M cars were more like the normal versions. I think BMW is making the M cars more and more different.

I completely agree. I prefer subtle yet powerful cars. As they say " The wolf in sheep's clothing" (When the E39 M5 came out). The other thing I'd say against the ///M, is that it's getting less & less driver orientated, and more technically-assisted. Seem to be concentrating more on the figures that can be printed on paper. I've already lost interest in getting an ///M (E90 and E60). I'll still stick to getting an E46 330Ci.

The pic is a photoshopped thingy leh.......

Don't think that's the real deal.

But I definitely wouldn't mind something like that as shown.....

:thumbsup:

Check out the 2-tone mirror.... :drool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88freevip
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back