E90 Pre FL Engine Mounting Cost

Monfreeze Archangel

Hi All,
:helpp!:
I am driving an E90 Pre FL 320i, and was told that Engine Mounting needs to be replaced but not urgent:oooops:....engine not vibrating much though...only in the morning during a cold start....you can feel a bit...otherwise oK. Anyone has changed the Engine mounting? How much and any recommendation on Reliable Workshops where this can be done?

Re: E90 Pre FL Engine Mounting Cost

Call Eng Soon or Golden Link. If change engine mounting, might as well change transmission mounting.

I drive an E39.

bro..how is the feel if the mounting is bad ?

if mounting is bad the car vibrates....and this can be felt on the steering, dashboard and gear stick...when idealing....but i can't feel mine...but according to workshop mine is minor...but should consider to change it...hence wanted to check with the folks here...on their experience....does yours vibrate badly.....especially it can be felt during cold starts.....

Cheers

well...my 325 doesnt but my 120 does feel some vibration esp during starting. when reversing...can tell from the sound from engine bay. dunno whether it's really the mounting or something else

Hi All,

has anyone recently replaced the Engine mounting, for E90 320i (PreFL). kindly shed some light, where and how much? any suggestions?

All inputs are welcome.

Thanks.

Each piece of engine mount cost about 85SGD. You will need 2 pieces. Plus labour cost etc, the total cost should be around 300 - 350SGD.

Simple way to check the condition is to feel your steering wheel if there is any vibration when the engine runs. You should not feel at all vibrations. e.g when the gear is at N and compared with when it's at D.

Last edited by a moderator:

I start to feel vibrations int he morning while driving... hope mounting is ok... :(

You will feel the silence and the smoothness of a new car. I recommend you get it change if your car is already between the 4th and 5th year based on SGP usage.

318/320/325 bros can consider upgrade to 335 engine mount too :D

if 320 change to 335 mounting... wats the kick?

any price indication of how much 335 mounting cost?

it's called engine mounts, not mounting...

:)Hi Bro,

Give Rod a call, i got mine done at R2D, superb job...car feels good after getting the engine mounts changed.

Great job by R2D....

replace with the same part or upgraded version? :D

Monfreeze Archangel;658656 said:
:)Hi Bro,

Give Rod a call, i got mine done at R2D, superb job...car feels good after getting the engine mounts changed.

Great job by R2D....

wt_know;658663 said:
replace with the same part or upgraded version? :D

Rod upgraded mine to the 6cyl mounts as they are firmer, last longer and in turn, will give more power to the wheels....car felt superb instantly....:thumbsup:

Monfreeze Archangel;659033 said:
Rod upgraded mine to the 6cyl mounts as they are firmer, last longer and in turn, will give more power to the wheels....car felt superb instantly....:thumbsup:

Hi,

how long does it take to change the mounts? Can it be done within a day?

make appointment first. 1 day job should be no problem. 1/2 day is also possible if start in the morning.

Hi,
I got my mounts done within a couple of hours (fast and clean work) at R2D.

cheers

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hitclub999com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back