E90 really a better car?

Re: E90 really a better car?

Yup! Tested the 320i too.

If one has to get it...it has to be the 325 at least. the 4-pot jus CMI. Steering is tighter...I like! Acceleration is a tad noisy....again due to the engine I guess

And for price...wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced now...I would wait it out

I test drove the new 320i. Longer wheel base (than previous 3-series) meant a plusher ride, but with that, unforturnately, the new 320i has lost some of its handling nimbleness round bends ... I pushed the car round South Buona Vista Road, but was not impressed at all. The older 3er handled a lot better, and so does my IS200 ... definitely much better. I did not believe what I had just gone through, so immediately after the test drive, I brought my IS to the same SBV Road and it reconfirmed what I had thought/felt during the test drive - in that the new 3-series has lost it, in the handling section. But plusher ride is approaching that of a Merc ... well maybe, just?

ED520 said:
yup, i agree that the E90 looks pretty gd but the price is too high and most of the stuff are optional. My suggestion is to wait for them to lower the price. SMYUEN is right in saying PML does their marketing in 2 phases. Look at the E60 520, they released it at a much higher price, but the price has gone down now and some of the options have become std eqpt (eg. xenons). Furthermore, it would be wise to wait at least a yr or more for the problems and errors to be resolved b4 you get your car. Trust me, i've been through it....

Yup, and they've pretty much got the consumers (poor us) where they want us to be, let the E60 run for a couple of years, milk the market, drop the prices a tad bit then bring in a new light weight Magnesium alloy engine (yummy), up the prices back to the original intro price (maybe higher this time), milk us poor consumers again, the as the model nears it's maturity, put in a face-lift and make people "gian" all over again........one word......FANTASTIC marketing!

Saw a black E90 320i last evening on my way out of Raffles City, drop dead georgous man! The rear gives an unmistaken well bread rock solid stallion look, ready to put every ounce of muscle to work. Side profile is definitely better than the E60, well proportioned and everything seems to blend in nicely, but the rear light clusters could do with a bit more creativity ....then again, it may have all been planned already....lying somewhere deep in BMW's design house tagged with a "to only see the light of day sometime in 2008".

If im not mistaken, E46's with build date after March or April 04 come with the same engine as the E90.

Its the N46 Valvetronic. "If im not mistaken!"

Heh

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back