E90 renewed COE Owners Corner

I am using E90 325i 2010 model. I kick myself as i adjusted the wheel alignment recently 6 months ago and now its been pulling left or right slightly. I have done it 5 times now , give up. Where should i go to fix this nightmare ! Tks guys

I am using E90 325i 2010 model. I kick myself as i adjusted the wheel alignment recently 6 months ago and now its been pulling left or right slightly. I have done it 5 times now , give up. Where should i go to fix this nightmare ! Tks guys

Hey bro. You can check a workshop in amk. Very genuine Mechanic. Pm you contact . If not jb also there's option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how many E90s are there here with renewed COE ?

1) Bags4queen (renewed 10 years) - 200? E90 3???
2) syafiee (renewed 10 years) - 2006 E90 320i
3) kawan (renewed 10 years) - 2006 E90 320i
4)
5)

Last edited:
Anyone faced squeaking noise from panel (dash board area) when driving and ways to rectify to reduce/eliminate squeak noise.

Anyone faced squeaking noise from panel (dash board area) when driving and ways to rectify to reduce/eliminate squeak noise.

So far my 11 year old E90 has been free from squeaking noise. As such, I don't think the cause may be due to ageing.

Is the squeaking noise only being heard when you are driving over humps/uneven road surfaces ?

To pinpoint the culprit may not be easy but I will go along in these direction if I were you:- (assuming the squeaking noise only occured recently)

1) is your dashboard top, glove box and door front door pockets clutter free ?
2) did the fuse panel cover in your glove box come loose ?
3) is your dashboard recently been dismantled ? (eg. to replace AC cooling coil)
4) did you recently install new HU or front speakers that involved removal of door cards/window sails ?
5) did you recently install in-car video cam that involved removal of A-pillar or rain sensor housing to hide cables ?
6) did you recently replace trims/parts at dashboard area ? (eg. replace a faulty cup holder/centre speaker/climate control panel).

bro Kawan,
wao i like your rear spoiler :)

My E90 think started to 'eat' oil liao. the engine oil level indicator which has 4 markings has now gone to the 3rd mark...
after driving for around 5k km. is that normal for a 6yrs old?
should i be alarm with it? or wait till the engine level oil indicator to come up?

thanks

bro Kawan,

My E90 think started to 'eat' oil liao. the engine oil level indicator which has 4 markings has now gone to the 3rd mark...
should i be alarm with it? or wait till the engine level oil indicator to come up?

thanks

Definitely normal for oil leaks. Seals worn out. Some places recommend top overhaul. But some places can do a targeted seals replacement for a fraction of the price.

Mine had that issue, I'm still observing, but since I changed EO, condition got better. Saw the old EO, very black. Could've been past its life and therefore started evaporating? I also don't know. Still monitoring though, it's been two weeks since the EO change, levels have remained.

bro Kawan,

thanks

Unfortunately the car in my avatar doesn't belong to me.

Which engine model is your E90 and what's the current mileage ? Does your oil level indicator has been consistently been at the max level mark and only recently dropped to the 3rd level mark after going for 5000km ? Have you changed your engine seals previously ?

For my E90 320i with N46 engine, my engine oil indicator sometimes fluctuates between the max level mark and 3rd level mark. I think it should not be a concern if yours does that too. The time when my E90 was leaking engine oil quite badly, the engine oil level indicator dropped (without fluctuation) from max level mark until the '+1L' warning light up, all within 2000km range. The worn out engine valve seals were promptly replaced. Currently, my mileage is at 150,000km without experiencing any loss in engine oil.

Awesome got renewed coe kakis! My pcd rear sensor came off. Didn't realised until I parked it just now and came on the sign!

So far my 11 year old E90 has been free from squeaking noise. As such, I don't think the cause may be due to ageing.

Is the squeaking noise only being heard when you are driving over humps/uneven road surfaces ?

To pinpoint the culprit may not be easy but I will go along in these direction if I were you:- (assuming the squeaking noise only occured recently)

1) is your dashboard top, glove box and door front door pockets clutter free ?
2) did the fuse panel cover in your glove box come loose ?
3) is your dashboard recently been dismantled ? (eg. to replace AC cooling coil)
4) did you recently install new HU or front speakers that involved removal of door cards/window sails ?
5) did you recently install in-car video cam that involved removal of A-pillar or rain sensor housing to hide cables ?
6) did you recently replace trims/parts at dashboard area ? (eg. replace a faulty cup holder/centre speaker/climate control panel).
The squeaking is recent after change of suspension to coilover. Lower control arms/ sway bar links/ upper thrust bar also changed. Squeak is from driving of any surface of road. Could it be the stiffness of suspension?

The squeaking is recent after change of suspension to coilover. Lower control arms/ sway bar links/ upper thrust bar also changed. Squeak is from driving of any surface of road. Could it be the stiffness of suspension?

If that's the case, you should focus on these newly installed suspension components.

1) Are they brand new or used ?
2) Are all the components specific to your E90 model ?
3) Have they been properly installed and proper wheel alignment done ?

I suppose you have upgraded to E9x M3 control arm components ? If you have xenon headlights, did you change your headlight leveling arm to the M3 ones as well ? Your original one cannot be re-used.

I've changed to firm suspension before but I experienced no squeaks with my E90.

I think it'll be good for you to go back to the same workshop that installed your suspension for troubleshooting.

Thanks.
My model is E90 325i. mileage ard 85k already
I change the eo at ard 80k thus after 5k it start to eat.
Shall i top up some eo to ensure the eo is sufficient? or see and monitor if the level goes down further?

Thanks

Thanks.
My model is E90 325i. mileage ard 85k already
I change the eo at ard 80k thus after 5k it start to eat.
Shall i top up some eo to ensure the eo is sufficient? or see and monitor if the level goes down further?

Thanks

Previously what EO were you using? And what are you using now? Hopefully you're not using an EO that easily evaporates for our hot SG weather.

If the EO level is between Min and Max, then you're OK. I would keep a 1 litre spare in the boot, monitor situation and see how.

Previously what EO were you using? And what are you using now? Hopefully you're not using an EO that easily evaporates for our hot SG weather.

If the EO level is between Min and Max, then you're OK. I would keep a 1 litre spare in the boot, monitor situation and see how.

I am using castrol 40w. it is still at the 3rd marking. lets monitor. hopefully is not leaking but evaporate.. hehe

If that's the case, you should focus on these newly installed suspension components.

1) Are they brand new or used ?
2) Are all the components specific to your E90 model ?
3) Have they been properly installed and proper wheel alignment done ?

I suppose you have upgraded to E9x M3 control arm components ? If you have xenon headlights, did you change your headlight leveling arm to the M3 ones as well ? Your original one cannot be re-used.

I've changed to firm suspension before but I experienced no squeaks with my E90.

I think it'll be good for you to go back to the same workshop that installed your suspension for troubleshooting.
Hi bro care to share what are the benefits in upgrading to M3 control arms? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaelcoplin4
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back