E90 Rim Size ?

anvillyson

Hi,

just collected my ride last month, am thinking of change the rims. Presently is on 17" Radial spoke 160 free upgrade from Performance and conti ssr 2 (225/45R17 ) run flat.

Would it be better off just changing the rim and remain with the tires or upgrade complete set to 18", for 18" setup can i have the same tires size so i can rotate front and rear infuture or have to be different for front and rear. Will 18" increase petrol consumption ? What is the right size in should be looking for for both 17" and 18" ?

Am looking at Taiwan rims due to cost any good recommendations? Been quote by Poh Heng top up for Taiwan Brand "RM" 17" rim without tires is ard $200. How is "RM" rims ?

Thanks

Re: E90 Rim Size ?

toss the run flats and go up to 18. aesthetically more pleasing and better fuel economy from non-RF tires imo. wheel design wise, it's entirely up to you.

and staggered setup as well will be entirely up to you, since if most of your driving is normal city and hway driving..

if u are considering Taiwan rims, hmm, i would rather stick to the 17" free upgraded rims from PML and ditch those RFTs for some good tyres such as the PS2s. just my 0.2 worth, bro.

T6;277261 said:
given your budgeting on those taiwan made rims, the above deal is a steal, beauty, durable, OE, last but not least BMW design to its best.

don't get me wrong, not to say OE is better than taiwan RM wheel or anything. just give a budget and choice between this 2, I'll sure go for OE BMW wheels.

FC is subjective to how you step on the pedal.

enough said, you decide what you want.

good luck shopping.

thanks for all the advice mate, is there any pros or cons on staggered setup ? If i use 18" setup with front and rear the same size do i had to roll fenders will it rub if i carry passenger on the rear ?

BTW how much do you think i can fetch for my radial spoke 160 rims with my tires from performance ?

Just take the 18" staggered and the car will look nicer, you will like it and no turning back! no rolling required.

Jadis;277395 said:
Just take the 18" staggered and the car will look nicer, you will like it and no turning back! no rolling required.

but that will increase the cost infuture as it cannot be rotate right? any good rim shop that not over priced beside Poh Heng to recommend?

If i use 18" front rear same size will it affect anything ?

thanks for tkaing time for reply

Your rims actually quite nice, why you want to change? Even the 330i also using 17" rims. In future you also spend less if you change tyres. and 17" will give you more comfortable ride.

look wise ok lah but too many spoke very hard to maintain, maybe just trade off the run flat for normal tires, which tires are good for comfort and not noisy?

thanks

mrericlee;277211 said:
Buy Acupunch's rims.... very swee! Search for Acupunch's postings!
bro, I didn't post up any thread for selling my rim dor. :screwedu:
anvillyson;277393 said:
thanks for all the advice mate, is there any pros or cons on staggered setup ? If i use 18" setup with front and rear the same size do i had to roll fenders will it rub if i carry passenger on the rear ?

BTW how much do you think i can fetch for my radial spoke 160 rims with my tires from performance ?
if you get any BMW OE staggered, you can be rest assured no fender rolling, no rubbing, guarantee fitments, cos its offsets always on the conservative side. as i understand in my own words, staggered are mainly for more grip as the car is rear wheel powered (FR) and of course to improve visual aesthetic viewing from the rear. you seldom see front forward powered (FF) car fitted with width rear. cos that purely for aesthetics.
anvillyson;277398 said:
but that will increase the cost infuture as it cannot be rotate right? any good rim shop that not over priced beside Poh Heng to recommend?

If i use 18" front rear same size will it affect anything ?

thanks for tkaing time for reply
of cos you can choose 18" all round for rotation purpose. but what's your point? save changing tire cost? or prolong your tire life? let's assume you rotate it at 8-10K KM, how much it cost you to do it and by doing so how long would your tire last? my guess max 2 years or 20-40KM depending how you drive and what threadwear rate is your tires. if you're those who change tire once a year cos you enjoy new fresh tires, then it doesn't make any sense. a set of reasonable good tires should last at least 20km without rotating. and if your mileage is less than 20,000KM per year. using staggered would need only a sets per year or 1 1/2 years even 2years is possible. then you compare a set of staggered cost vs non-staggered, see if you think is worth cost.

anyway is your car, your money, you decide.

happy shopping for the new sets of shoes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik88me
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back