E90 SMG Paddleshift Mod !!!

wilman2772

Legendary 10 Years
The wait was finally over for Silver31 aka Nick as I deliver his Robson Design E90/E92 SMG steering wheel!!!

Booked with Juzz4cars cos our Electronic Wizard Billy is going to perform the surgery for the mod!!

watermark.php

Steering wheel is double wrapped for increase thickness!! Nick didn't want any CF inserts as he's not gonna upgrade his interior trimmings to CF.....

Flat bottom always look dam cool!! As E90 SMG steering is smaller in diameter compared to E60 M5's, the overall feel of the steering is dam bloody good man!!!

Macham like Lambo Gallardo's steering......kekekeke

Kudos to Tommy from Robson Design!!!!!

watermark.php

As I've mentioned before, this SMG steering is a 'push & pull' type....but Nick & I always like the M3 / M5 / M6 style with upshift '+' on the right paddle & downshift '-' on the left paddle.

Spoke to Wizard Billy what we wanted 2 weeks back & he was confident that it can be done!!

Took him 4hrs as this is the 1st time he's doing this mod for us!!!

And WALA, it works flawlessly!!!

Now our bro Nick is happily paddleshifting his E90 ala M3/ M5/ M6 style!!!!

Nick, time for you to say something........:singsing:

Cheers to Billy (J4C) for helping us!!!

'The Great White'

Re: E90 SMG Paddleshift Mod !!!

Thank you for getting all the installation organised...:)
Indeed is a fun mod and definitely enjoying :cloud9: it immediately after Billy(J4C) completed this afternoon. Makes shifting gears easier as compared to shifting the gear knob with one hand and controlling the steering with the other hand.

Just tried to cut the "+" & "-" stickers and stick it on(see picture), but will likely to cut another smaller ones cos it looks a little too bit, IMO.

Calling all E90 owners, mai tu liao, is a mod worth doing.

Thanks to Wilman, Billy(J4C) & Tommy(Robson Designs) :cool:

i was there to see it and feel it yesterday.
to all the E90 with stock steering, this is a must mod.

i am just a steering person. :)

nick, nice car. I like the color of your car. It has been nicely done up. very chio.

Great modification!

Where did you get it double wrapped? I would like to get a M steering wheel (had one in the previous 3) but dont have paddleshift so gotta skip.

Man it looks thick..

babe;190609 said:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Very Very nice!!!! :evil: haha...

Babe, dun just :drool: ........I got 1 more SMG steering waiting for you!!!

kekekeke

'The Great White'

ryan;190608 said:
Great modification!

Where did you get it double wrapped? I would like to get a M steering wheel (had one in the previous 3) but dont have paddleshift so gotta skip.

Man it looks thick..

Bro, can always get the Z4 SMG steering & do the design with CF!!!

Dam nice right???

kekekeke

'The Great White'

Holy moly! Luckily didn't top up for a M-Steering for my car!

Nick, when can I have a look so I can get it done??!!

Ryan: by Robson Design! :)

wilman2772;190614 said:
Bro, can always get the Z4 SMG steering & do the design with CF!!!

Dam nice right???

kekekeke

'The Great White'
You and Barry are the most evil people on this earth :p Mine is already a SMG but am looking for a thicker steering. Already smsed tommy re the wrap.

Freaking cool!, esp the left (-), right (+) like the E46 M3 paddleshift!...

Anytime....

I think you can also do a double wrapped and add the thumb rest (10 & 2) with your existing steering, at most I can lend you my stock steering wheel when you send to Robson Designs.

Great mod!

Question. Can this mod be done on other models, like E63? From what I've read so far, this mod is performed on a non-SMG E90 car, correct?

Also, how do you activate the paddleshifting? Put to M-mode first using gear knob and then upshift/downshift using paddles?

Thanks.

yuin;190669 said:
Great mod!

Question. Can this mod be done on other models, like E63? From what I've read so far, this mod is performed on a non-SMG E90 car, correct?

Also, how do you activate the paddleshifting? Put to M-mode first using gear knob and then upshift/downshift using paddles?

Thanks.

dont think so. I remebered when I was testing the 335i, car was going around 90km/h on D-mode. I pushed the paddle 2 times forward, saw the dash showing M6>>M5>>M4. RPM went up. And if I recalled correctly, if after a while u dont touch the paddles, it reverts back from M to D drive mode.

Cool eh? but the e46 one i dont know

Silver31;190577 said:
Indeed is a fun mod and definitely enjoying :cloud9: it immediately after Billy(J4C) completed this afternoon. Makes shifting gears easier as compared to shifting the gear knob with one hand and controlling the steering with the other hand.

Wah neighbour - congrats!! Fattest steering wheel in town... nicest car in the neighbourhood :yummie:

yummy yum yum...nicely done up

Ahbengdriver;190672 said:
dont think so. I remebered when I was testing the 335i, car was going around 90km/h on D-mode. I pushed the paddle 2 times forward, saw the dash showing M6>>M5>>M4. RPM went up. And if I recalled correctly, if after a while u dont touch the paddles, it reverts back from M to D drive mode.

The 335i has factory-fitted paddleshifts, while this is an aftermarket mod. Just wondering if this mod works just like the factory-fitted one. But you're right, they are cool. :cool:

What Beng said is right, if u don't touch it, it would revert back to D after 3-4secs. Only if u push your gear knob to the right, then it'll stay in Manual Mode all the time.

I WANT THAT STEERING! :)

wa. very nice work..like the flat bottom..this 1 is the first E90 with this paddleshift?

damn cooll..all E90 should do it..:D

Ahbengdriver;190672 said:

Audi cars has been doing this for a while.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back