E90 SMG Paddleshift Mod !!!

Re: E90 SMG Paddleshift Mod !!!

Oilman;190673 said:
Wah neighbour - congrats!! Fattest steering wheel in town... nicest car in the neighbourhood :yummie:

Thanks. In fact there are a few done elsewhere but w/o re-wrapping and cutting off the bottom of the steering wheel.

yuin;190669 said:
Great mod!

Question. Can this mod be done on other models, like E63? From what I've read so far, this mod is performed on a non-SMG E90 car, correct?

Also, how do you activate the paddleshifting? Put to M-mode first using gear knob and then upshift/downshift using paddles?

Thanks.

Should be able to fit on E63 except need to let the installer to study your car wiring circuit, IMO.

To switch to paddleshift mode, you need to shift the gear knob to the DS position and you can start upshift/downshift with the paddles.

Azrielsc;190703 said:
What Beng said is right, if u don't touch it, it would revert back to D after 3-4secs. Only if u push your gear knob to the right, then it'll stay in Manual Mode all the time.

I WANT THAT STEERING! :)

What you waiting for, mai tu liao!!!

Actually, it should be able to configure if the installer knows how to play around with the circuit. Like the standard 335, the pull should be "+" and the push should be "-", but for my case, I disable the push function and wired it such a way that my right pull is "+" and my left pull is "-".

Just do it, you will be the 1st 335 with such mod....:)

yuin;190669 said:
Great mod!

Question. Can this mod be done on other models, like E63? From what I've read so far, this mod is performed on a non-SMG E90 car, correct?

Also, how do you activate the paddleshifting? Put to M-mode first using gear knob and then upshift/downshift using paddles?

Thanks.

Bro, so far I've done up 12 normal E60 & 4 E63 steptronic with original E60 M5 SMG paddleshift steerings & they work flawlessly!!

Didn't you see my postings?? kekeke

Here's a pic of my E60......converted my interior to almost full M5 liao...

watermark.php

Now it's E90.....hopefully more to be done with Robson design too!! They rock man!!

Cheers

'The Great White'

wilman2772;190794 said:
Bro, so far I've done up 12 normal E60 & 4 E63 steptronic with original E60 M5 SMG paddleshift steerings & they work flawlessly!!

Now it's E90.....hopefully more to be done with Robson design too!! They rock man!!

Cheers

'The Great White'

Wilson, very nice! I saw some of the postings of your car, but I thought the paddles were for show only (silly me). Didn't realise that you could rewire to get the paddles working. Anyway, a fantastic must-have mod, IMO.

ryan;190627 said:
You and Barry are the most evil people on this earth :p Mine is already a SMG but am looking for a thicker steering. Already smsed tommy re the wrap.

Hi Ryan,

Modified with sports design and bigger grips.:yummie: Thanks to Wilson again for introducing his friend.:)
Tommy

wilman2772;190794 said:

watermark.php

Cheers

'The Great White'

Lauta, ur interior is screaming for a set of Hamann floor mats!:lol2: the cleaniness of your interior is still Number 1!!!!!!! Boh Bey Zhao!

Grates Silver31!!

congratulations! that looks totally fantastic ... could i check how much in total we need to spend on the project ? also, would this affect the warranty from performance ?

IMC;191309 said:
congratulations! that looks totally fantastic ... could i check how much in total we need to spend on the project ? also, would this affect the warranty from performance ?

Check with Wilman2772 for pricing. It depends whether you need to re-wrap the steering, round airbag, sports or M-Sport steering wheel, etc...

if the steering wheel needs to be taken out...will i be provided with a spare wheel?
will the airbag be affected?

Can u do it for my 120i cabrio? awaiting mine by the end of the month :)

vone;330947 said:
Can u do it for my 120i cabrio? awaiting mine by the end of the month :)

Sure!!

SMS me at 96905511 to discuss further.

Cheers

'The Great White'

Bro, how much just to re-wrap my stock E60 2004 wheels? Just want it firmer and better feel. PM me. Also can do before CNY?

wugui;400244 said:
Bro, how much just to re-wrap my stock E60 2004 wheels? Just want it firmer and better feel. PM me. Also can do before CNY?

Hi Wugui,

PM sent. We need 7 to 10 days for the modification. We have spare steering wheel to loan you.:)

Tommy (9736 6343)

Nice paddles - I also want!!..

Is there a plug and play/DIY kit for the paddles i.e. a ready made harness available?? Or does the installer have to splice wires and remap ECU??

Going to try to do this as a DIY (If the costs are not too prohibitive).
Any good source (not to mention cheap) for the following parts;

- Paddles (P/N 61316973934 / 61316973933)
- MTech wheel (P/N 32307839115)

Thinking about it in my sleep :cloud9:

Thanks in advance..

Nick, very very nice mod !!! Btw what's the damage ... how to order it if I m interested. mine 06 E90 320i can or not?

Ya man, am interested as well. But mine is 320i M-sport package, comes without the paddle shift but with sport steering. So what do i need to do?
Thanks.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back