E92 325 coupe problem

golfgti

Hi, just realised that if u spray a jet of water at near the sideview mirrors at the window seals, water will leak into the car. Realised this at the carwash.... both sides starting leaking... the seal isnt flush wih the window so theres room for liquid to flow inside...

anyone had this problem & fixed it? its a bad product design oversight for such an expensive car....

Re: E92 325 coupe problem

bro, are u talking abt the sideview mirror seals? or the door seals itself?
if its the mirror seals, probably its not aligned properly.
anyway, if its that prob...should be easy to fix

yes it normal, cos the window move up and down every time we open the door ,

hi its the door window seal near the sideview mirror. not sure abt other bmws but for this model its quite obvious that the seal isnt flush wiht the glass so water can seep thru. nothing to do with winding window up down its the seal thats not flush.

mine is ok. I think yr car exposed to sun excessively n rubber seal hardens making it non watertight. My car is under shade Mon>>Fri in the office carpark. Weekends it is wrapped under a car cover when not in use. Even when there is no sun and the car cover is not in use, I will at least put on those silvery sunshade on the dashboard. Everything is still over nice n newy.

You see u didnt treat yr car well so it is punishing u now...kekeke

erm this car is hardly under the sun & its like 6mths old. if bmw cant make cars with plastic that last long under the sun, then maybe they shld consider firing their GLOBAL CEO...

anyway the plastic isnt the issue, its the triangular plastic cover thats part of the window exterior letting water in, but only if someone sprayed water right at it...

yes seems like a small issue but my honda civic type r thats half this bmw's price has zero problems thru carwashes.

ok ill let bmw off this time since the rest of the car is fine. just need to solve that leak somehow... its on both sides of the car...

& yes i dont ahve time to wash car myself hence carwash

theres no perfect car.

golfgti;411186 said:
erm this car is hardly under the sun & its like 6mths old. if bmw cant make cars with plastic that last long under the sun, then maybe they shld consider firing their GLOBAL CEO...

anyway the plastic isnt the issue, its the triangular plastic cover thats part of the window exterior letting water in, but only if someone sprayed water right at it...

yes seems like a small issue but my honda civic type r thats half this bmw's price has zero problems thru carwashes.

ok ill let bmw off this time since the rest of the car is fine. just need to solve that leak somehow... its on both sides of the car...

& yes i dont ahve time to wash car myself hence carwash

theres no perfect car.

if it makes you unhappy, send it in for a fix. for me, the top edge where the window meets the roof let some water in. was fine after i applied some rubber conditioner. but the part u're describing sounds like the bit near the side view mirrors. Don't think that part should be leaking so badly.

not v fair to compare to a sedan (assuming ur type R is the PI one) since those don't have the frameless windows.

eric777;431325 said:
what brand / type of rubber conditioner do you recomend??
thanks in advance....

Zymol Seal for door seals (portions where the window glass meets) and my convertible roof seals, and 1Z Einszett Gummi Pflege Stift Rubber Care Stick for other parts like wiper rubber and external rubber seals.

for cleaning rubber i use a diluted solution of Optimum Technologies No Rinse Wash & Shine. I usually give them a wipe down before applying the products.

the Zymol stuff, Bronz Carman has it
1Z i ordered from the states
Optimum No Rinse Wash is from detailogy.com

hope this helps.

Hi,

So far quite a few of e92 coupe that I know of, have no such problem....get it fix by pml...

Hi guys,
i just gotten my E93 335 for less than 3 mths and it's already leaking. As of now i'm writing, my car is with pml for the 2nd time. The first time they claim to have change the whole top rubber. Now it's leaking again. What pisses me off is that it leaks when i washes the car by myself. it's like wat motorknut mention when the roof meets the window. im helpless... am i to just accept the fact i bought a defective car?

shoji335;458608 said:
Hi guys,
i just gotten my E93 335 for less than 3 mths and it's already leaking. As of now i'm writing, my car is with pml for the 2nd time. The first time they claim to have change the whole top rubber. Now it's leaking again. What pisses me off is that it leaks when i washes the car by myself. it's like wat motorknut mention when the roof meets the window. im helpless... am i to just accept the fact i bought a defective car?

are you spraying water at the rubber seal where the window meets? if i spray at it, a bit of water will drip in. but when i use flowing water from the hose (no hose attachment) and run water there, nothing leaks. alt just get some rubber conditioner, and before u wash ur car, open and close the doors so the window makes a fresh and better contact with the seal. helps make it more watertight.

actually the first time i discover was when i send to car wash. Cos really too dirty then no time. i realise their hose quite powerful. so i accept that spray in is ok. but the more recent one is when i wash myself. i just use sponge with water to clean the window only. of cos not softly cos i tot everything was ok. then i happy happy wash finish tat time. i see one line of water i cannot clean... turns out that it's inside the car not outside.. i'm actually very disapointed by this...

shoji335;459043 said:
actually the first time i discover was when i send to car wash. Cos really too dirty then no time. i realise their hose quite powerful. so i accept that spray in is ok. but the more recent one is when i wash myself. i just use sponge with water to clean the window only. of cos not softly cos i tot everything was ok. then i happy happy wash finish tat time. i see one line of water i cannot clean... turns out that it's inside the car not outside.. i'm actually very disapointed by this...

doesn't sound too serious, i think you should try to apply some rubber conditioner first and see if it helps. I apply that at least once every 3 months. No problems on my car. I used to see a small drip go in, even with my garden hose that isn't high pressured. Just that I happened to aim right at the seal.

I think it can't be helped since the coupe/cabs have frameless windows. But if it still happens even after you apply conditioner, and after you wind the windows down and up again before washing the car (to ensure a tight seal against the rubber seals) then get PML to do something. Obviously, they shld fix it if it makes you unhappy. But for me, I'd rather see if my own DIY remedies work before askign them to fix anything. The less they touch, the better lah...

good luck!

Well after waiting 3 months. PML has finally recieved the rubber seal for my roof. its gonna take 4 days to install the new seals.. I will report back on its effectiveness....

just to let u know... my first change on the seals took me one week.... paying my installments to put my car at pml.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9betstoday

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back