E92/90 Performance Exhaust

clar

Wondering if any brudders or sisters here have installed the BMW Performance Exhaust on their E92/90 M3. I would love to hear it in person as I'm interested in that exhaust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: E92/90 Performance Exhaust

Hey, thanks. I just realized my mistake and edited my post. I am looking at perf exhaust for M3 :)

wt_know;660245 said:
if 318/320, can meet up tomace for kopi :thumbsup:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Mine not ///M3 - jus a E90 nia..

Cheers ~~ :)

i heard the exhaust. it sounds pretty good. and i think it cuts 10kg off the weight as well.

The weight reduction if anything, is of no significance. Hell, i can loose more than that from my fat ass with some determination :p

just get akra full system lah... freaking light plus sound is so much more audible than the performance system... build quality is much better too...

I was lusting for the Akra full setup a while back and almost pulled the trigger until i heard it in person. It's too loud for my liking. I kinda like things a little more understated. No question about its build quality and looks are to die for. I learned after this that u have to hear it in person before deciding as those clips on youtube are often not a good measure of how it sounds in real life. I also had issue with the exhaust throwing CEL codes.

clar;660962 said:
I was lusting for the Akra full setup a while back and almost pulled the trigger until i heard it in person. It's too loud for my liking. I kinda like things a little more understated. No question about its build quality and looks are to die for. I learned after this that u have to hear it in person before deciding as those clips on youtube are often not a good measure of how it sounds in real life. I also had issue with the exhaust throwing CEL codes.

Did you hear it on Cold Start or Fly By ?

Cold start can be very loud even for stock exhaust.

Here's mine with just aftermarket mufflers. After about 50 secs, it'll calm back down.

OAT: 1 deg.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0gVRbJyrsg]YouTube - ‪BMW E92 M3 Cold Start‬‏[/ame]

CEL can be eliminated by this: eas - 714.369.8524 | Akrapovic - Delete-R Check Engine Light Supressor - e9x M3

A full system depending if there are resonators and cats, will always be loud.

Getting just the Mufflers only shouldn't be that bad. Perhaps some BMW.SG vendors can hook you up with other Akra M3 users to listen up front.

Last edited by a moderator:

AC Schnitzer;660976 said:
Did you hear it on Cold Start or Fly By ?

Cold start can be very loud even for stock exhaust.

Here's mine with just aftermarket mufflers. After about 50 secs, it'll calm back down.

OAT: 1 deg.

YouTube - ‪BMW E92 M3 Cold Start‬‏

CEL can be eliminated by this: eas - 714.369.8524 | Akrapovic - Delete-R Check Engine Light Supressor - e9x M3

A full system depending if there are resonators and cats, will always be loud.

Getting just the Mufflers only shouldn't be that bad. Perhaps some BMW.SG vendors can hook you up with other Akra M3 users to listen up front.

Hey, thanks for sharing. I heard the cold/warm starts and several fly bys. Too loud for me. I am referring to the full evolution system. I am a very lazy owner and only want things hassle free.

View attachment 31378

i believe that's my catback job - weights 15kg only
transaxle system Tuck in swee swee- no ugly tin can

sounds closer to italiano

Ride getting faster also

Keen to take over?

clar;660238 said:
Wondering if any brudders or sisters here have installed the BMW Performance Exhaust on their E92/90 M3. I would love to hear it in person as I'm interested in that exhaust.

Hey Bro, just go to Munich Auto and ask them to let you hear, they have one installed on the e92 m3. Really big difference between the stock vs. Performance exo. Engine sound more orgasmic!

Tianzo;665595 said:
Hey Bro, just go to Munich Auto and ask them to let you hear, they have one installed on the e92 m3. Really big difference between the stock vs. Performance exo. Engine sound more orgasmic!

I doubt Munich would entertain me as my M3 is a PI car. Thanks to Jason of this forum, who so kindly met up with me and gave me a taste of the sound from both inside and out. I love it! Nicely louder than stock, yet civilized. It allows more of the natural engine note to come thru. I am looking into importing the exhaust from abroad and having it installed by a local workshop (BVO most likely) as i cant find any that brings in the exhaust.

If you wanna change the exhaust. you also need LTA approval after installation. I changed mine to the BMW Performance Exhaust in early July and the sound is deep, but not too loud.

kangcl;666694 said:
If you wanna change the exhaust. you also need LTA approval after installation. I changed mine to the BMW Performance Exhaust in early July and the sound is deep, but not too loud.

Did you have yours done at Munich? If so, they would have taken care of the paper work. If not, could you please share what document is required to provide to LTA for the inspection?

kangcl;666694 said:

Do you have a sound or video clip? Considering the Performance exhaust since mine is making me deaf after driving for months.....

I did it with PML. I had to sign 1 document and the appointment was made by them to send the car for inspection.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gemwinwang

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back