E92 with new I-Drive

XzKeLzX

Hello, after waiting for close to 4 months the car finally arrived last week.. An AW E92 325..
And I received a big surprise. The car came fitted with the new Idrive of which would be part of the facelifted E90s.. :) :)
As many of you already know, the idrive comes with a harddisk which runs the much improved navigation and stores your music tracks to be played in the car.. Mine also came with the usb port in the glove box though i do not have an idea if its the 6FL option which i read about before..

Will definitely put up some pictures once i manage to find a camera..

Re: E92 with new I-Drive

congrats!... the car start to sound like build in computer... hope it doesn't run microsoft windows :lol2:

congrats.... man... mine dont have i drive so sad but still good for your choice

XzKeLzX;390975 said:
Hello, after waiting for close to 4 months the car finally arrived last week.. An AW E92 325..
And I received a big surprise. The car came fitted with the new Idrive of which would be part of the facelifted E90s.. :) :)
As many of you already know, the idrive comes with a harddisk which runs the much improved navigation and stores your music tracks to be played in the car.. Mine also came with the usb port in the glove box though i do not have an idea if its the 6FL option which i read about before..

Will definitely put up some pictures once i manage to find a camera..
If you can enlighten us on the new functionality and also on iPod connectivity thanks.

Jiunn Siong;391000 said:
If you can enlighten us on the new functionality and also on iPod connectivity thanks.

Ok firstly theres 2 usb ports in the car. The one in front of the passenger's seat is where u plug in ur mp3 to transfer songs to your harddisk.. Transfer time was reasonble. (3 to 4 mins for 154 songs) Im told that u can plug in external harddisks or thumbdrive but i've tried harddisks and it didnt work yet.. Will try again soon..

Secondly, the ipod connectivity issue. The usb port in the glove box compartment is where u plug ur ipod and mp3s.. I've only tried with an ipod classic 80gb. Sadly, problems were encountered.
1) Loading time took a few minutes (maybe due to large music library)
2) Idrive can display artistes, albums, genres, BUT cant display playlists on Ipod ( found out from other forums that Idrive can only read playlists in .m3u format, Ipod's playlist arent in .m3u format)
3) Track and artiste titles were displayed as scrambled letters, for eg. ²»Ò»Ñù

So for problem no.3 I found out that its because if u edit track information using Itunes, it only edits the mp3 file ID3v2 tag and not the ID3v1 tag.. (My guess for now is Idrive reads ID3v1 tags only)
Hence i opened the mp3s into winamp and copied the v2 tag into the v1 tag as well.. And this solved my ipod problem...

In conclusion, u may face problems using an ipod with the new idrive. But it may just be me having screwed up Itunes or Ipod or laptop.. But u can always work around it by spending time to find solutions..

Hope this information will help others..
Cheers:)

Bro, I will be getting my 325 coupe early next week. Shipment has arrived since 15 October. Is yours the same batch? Will I be getting the I-Drive as well?

XzKeLzX;391030 said:
Ok firstly theres 2 usb ports in the car. The one in front of the passenger's seat is where u plug in ur mp3 to transfer songs to your harddisk.. Transfer time was reasonble. (3 to 4 mins for 154 songs) Im told that u can plug in external harddisks or thumbdrive but i've tried harddisks and it didnt work yet.. Will try again soon..

Secondly, the ipod connectivity issue. The usb port in the glove box compartment is where u plug ur ipod and mp3s.. I've only tried with an ipod classic 80gb. Sadly, problems were encountered.
1) Loading time took a few minutes (maybe due to large music library)
2) Idrive can display artistes, albums, genres, BUT cant display playlists on Ipod ( found out from other forums that Idrive can only read playlists in .m3u format, Ipod's playlist arent in .m3u format)
3) Track and artiste titles were displayed as scrambled letters, for eg. ²»Ò»Ñù

So for problem no.3 I found out that its because if u edit track information using Itunes, it only edits the mp3 file ID3v2 tag and not the ID3v1 tag.. (My guess for now is Idrive reads ID3v1 tags only)
Hence i opened the mp3s into winamp and copied the v2 tag into the v1 tag as well.. And this solved my ipod problem...

In conclusion, u may face problems using an ipod with the new idrive. But it may just be me having screwed up Itunes or Ipod or laptop.. But u can always work around it by spending time to find solutions..

Hope this information will help others..
Cheers:)
Many thanks for the summary and you sound like you know your IT stuff!

You could consider starting an iPod thread as this might be of interest amongst us here on the forums.

Hmm Im nt too sure but i think the e92 325i non highline would be 188k at pml while the highline version would be 208k.. No idea for 335i with dct though

Did you buy your car from PML? I wonder if PI cars have this feature as well...

i think all e92s after sept production will be equipped with the new idrive

XzKeLzX;393224 said:
i think all e92s after sept production will be equipped with the new idrive

Does this apply to PML cars only or PIs as well?

Also, what about the USB MP3 feature? I saw it in the 325i at PML. Do PI cars have that?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sun88comco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back