E92 with toddlers

Re: E92 with toddlers

hi,

I drove coupe since the first day I got my licence, from e30 323i coupe to e36 318is coupe then e46 323ci coupe (when my first child was born, then my second child)....they both stayed behind the seat where my wife sit in front ::) Maid took my parent car :)

Now, both my 12yr, 10yr kids still sitting behind my e92 coupe :)

I know how you feel BUT as long as you are ok for the slight trouble, then everything can be sort out.

In fact, it is safer to let the kids seat behind the coupe because there isnt any doors for them to open :)

I have a 6month old and I think it's perfectly fine. It is advisable for the baby seat to be back-facing from 0-12 months because their neck muscles aren't strong enough in the event of a frontal collision.

In any case, it is advisable to have 1 other person in the backseat to keep an eye on your baby when you are driving. From this perspective, my typical system is,

*Baby seat mounted on rear passenger side

Entry:
Driver carries the baby
Passenger enters rear cabin from driver side
Driver hands baby to passenger
Passenger straps in the baby while driver packs the pram into the boot

Exit:
Driver alights first to unload the pram from the boot
Passenger unstraps baby
Passenger hands driver the baby
Driver straps baby into the pram while passenger alights and unloads the usual barang barang (diaper bag etc)

haha. i gave up my e93.... baby rocks. i love my kid

I have twin boys, 5 yr olds......driving E92 for 2 years already...........no ISSUES!

Had an E46 Sedan when boys were born till they were 3.......no difference in the efforts strapping them up in their seats...........

Steven Wu - my idol! That's why I told myself - a coupe it will be 2 years back......

So............KEEP YOUR COUPE lah!

I got my E92 before my kid arrived and he is now 4 years old and I am still driving my coupe... I wouldn't say it is troubleless but definitely requires more effort but it is all worth it... great kid and great ride...

By the way, has anyone disabled the front passenger airbag? I intend to put my 4 years old in the front seat and was told that it is safer to have the airbag disabled. Any feedback?

Thanks.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back