e93 335i m-sport or..... help!

Re: e93 335i m-sport or..... help!

Ask the dealer - you have a right to know. The manufacture date should already ring alarm bells given the lag time of at least 9 months between date of manufacture (assuming car was manufactured end Dec 2008 ) and date of registratoin here. Bear in mind too that used imports are notoriously difficult to sell given their cloudy history...The asking price should've taken all this into account.

Markus;599375 said:
My thoughts exactly. Furthermore, the OMV is valid for less than the stated age - only the COE is valid from that date.

bro, what do you mean by omv is valid for less than the stated age? hmmm kinda confused. Its a PI car so i think 69k omv is normal?
the car was manufactured in Aug 08 and the original registered date and first registered date tally - 27/08/09
with full service record history.

called the dealer he assured its not an used import.
so is there any way i can check via LTA to ensure its not an used import?

please advise. thanks a lot! ;)

Say its a used import ie.
1. the car was originally registered in the UK in Dec 2008; but
2. the car was only registered in Singapore in Aug 2009

The OMV would therefore by valid only 10 years from Dec 2008 after which the car would not be eligible for OMV rebate
The COE would however continue to be valid 10 years from Aug 2009

You need to ask the dealer how come the car was only registered here after a minimally 9 month lag from date of manufacture and hence the older gearshift. Next, ask the dealer to state in writing that the car is not a used import. This would allow you to seek legal redress in future if required. Personally, I would think hard about getting this car unless the price is a fair one albeit the tarted up appearance. On price, I'd rather not comment - cannot break people's rice bowl la.

thanks for the useful info bro.
yup i did have doubt at first too but they show me the log card highlighting the original reg date and first reg date is both on Aug 09.
if the car is an used import, the original reg date and the first reg date in Singapore will be different right?

is it safe enough to say its not a used import base on the log card?

*my guess is the PI stock the car in year 08 but cant find a buyer til year 09.

if it is not used-import, why speedo reading is mph and kmh?

Looks like it is intended for UK spec in the first place.

speeddream;599459 said:
if it is not used-import, why speedo reading is mph and kmh?

Looks like it is intended for UK spec in the first place.

bro the dual speedometer only shows its an UK specs PI unit.

from what i understand, imported used vehicles will have 2 different registered date.
1)Original registered date - when the car is 1st registered in foreign country.
2)First registered date - when the car is registered in Singapore

For this case, the original registered date and first registered date is the same date according to LTA.
so is there any chance that its a imported used? or am i missing something here?

hope gurus here can help me clear the doubts too. :)

Bro, simplest thing is to walk away from this car since there are many pieces which don't quite fit - provided of course you haven't already committed to the sale or love the car that much. Sorry if I'm raining on your parade bro but its plenty money we're talking about here so best be safe.

Bro, check the number of owner on the log card. If used import, even if u have 1 owner in Singapore, it will show 2 since it is pre-owned prior to it landing in Singapore. There is also a website that u can check the detail mfg specs by providing the VIN no. Pay $usd10 if I remember correctly.

Solidgold;599479 said:
Bro, check the number of owner on the log card. If used import, even if u have 1 owner in Singapore, it will show 2 since it is pre-owned prior to it landing in Singapore. There is also a website that u can check the detail mfg specs by providing the VIN no. Pay $usd10 if I remember correctly.

yup it stated 1 owner on the log card.:cool:

(1) Options are not listed in log card. At best reflected in OMV, M-Sport, Limited Edition or what not.

(2) Possible to verify COE start date vs vehicle's registration date? That means for a used AD or PI car, the expiry of both should be aligned. For used imports, the COE will last 1-2 years more.

The other possibility is that this car is an ex-demonstrator in the UK. In this case, it is possible for it not to have been registered before.

I agree with Markus - if in doubt, turn away, rather than trying too hard to justify the pros.

Ok thanks all for the help/input. Appreciate it.

Markus may be right.. But if it's really a used import, the two registration dates CONFIRM different one.. and also M-Sport would not be reflected in log cards, just like Mercedes, they wouldn't state if it's a SE, Avant-garde or sport..

OMV for 335s varies too much.. it could be as low as $58K to as high as $84K.. cant tell if it's factory fitted m-sport or not.. :)

open the bonnet & see the production date. if its very far apart from registration date here, then maybe have issue.

typically it takes a few mths to arrive here by ship.

How come the Jan 2010 one also has old gearshift and super low OMV. Seems like you are drawn to "import used" cars :lol2:

i just spoke to the black car's owner this morning.. it's a local car but i suspect it was stuck in showroom, couldn't sell.. hence having the 6 speed auto transmission..

and OMV is probably the parallel importer to blame.. i asked her how come OMV so low.. and she said "that time i liked the car so i just buy loh, nv ask so much" haha

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back