E93 leaking during carwash

allenng

Hi, any E93 owners encounter the same problem?
Water drip down from A Pillar. PML Told me it's normal unless it leak during rainy days.

Is that true?
Does that means all E93 owner do not go petrol station car wash?

Re: E93 leaking during carwash

allenng;643082 said:
Hi, any E93 owners encounter the same problem?
Water drip down from A Pillar. PML Told me it's normal unless it leak during rainy days.

Is that true?
Does that means all E93 owner do not go petrol station car wash?

They actually said leaking is normal ?! I think not .............

Never normal. not even in my 17 year old merc unless I forgot to close the door properly. Ask them to check further.

that is definitely not normal....

I brought in my car 5 times for this issue and they told me the same thing. They even bring me to the back and demo on a water jet. They told me if during rain the water leak into the cabin then I got to bring the car in again.

My 1992 E36 door glass panel is frameless like E92 & no matter how the Shell station guy spray , no water will leak in the A pillar.

allenng;643136 said:
I brought in my car 5 times for this issue and they told me the same thing. They even bring me to the back and demo on a water jet. They told me if during rain the water leak into the cabin then I got to bring the car in again.

Bro,

I understand how u feel...when u keep bringin your car back to PML & the problem ain't rectified etc..

If your car is still covered with warranty, insist on changing the rubber seals. I did that & it kinda of fixed the leaks during car wash (for now..!!)

But be prepared to leave your ride there for min 2-3 days as changing the rubber seals is a major job, accroding to the good old folks at PML.

Hope that helps...

Sigh! PML already changed all the rubber seals for the whole top for me. But it still leak during washing. I have left my car 5 times and each time is between 2 days to 1 week plus.

Now during rainy day it does not leak but during car wash it leak.

is a common problem for hard top.
dun go to the same car wash. the angle they spray their water hose also play a role for the leaking.
The best PML can do is do the rubber seal. natural of the rubber. Dun go car wash straight after you had left your car under hot sun.

Bro you have the same problem? ermmmm
i been to 3 car wash and all have the same problem. I think they spray too close to our car.

my previous ride also same .
now i drive a coupe, hahaha.. no more this prob liao..
is the natural of the rubber . becos is a three pcs roof.

Its sad...if all hard tops cars can't go to petrol stations for car wash.. "((

I had similar leaks whenever they used high powered jetsw to spray wash the car...but after chnging the rubber seals, so far have been ok.

Like what bro jeffrey said correctly, the angle they spray the water do play a part in the leakage.

Ok at least PML didnt lie to me.
Unless it leak when it rain if not i just got to look like a fool and hold a cloth on the A Pillar.

I just faced this problem today! Car is around 2.5years. Has been good until today. Recently I have been parking outdoor. But the leak is not extreme. Definitely need to use cloths to hold the leak from A pillar though.

Yeah, it's the angle they spray the water at. The water will drip inwards from the A pillar. The B pillar also leaks as well..

A-pillar, b-pillar... how can any of this be acceptable??

I have just collected my 2011 E93 335i cab about 3 weeks ago ... experienced the leak also when I went for a car wash at Shell car wash along Alexandra once... Now whenever I go to a car wash I always tell them not to spray hard at my roof and around the windows and it helps... I am kinda relieved to know there are other E93 owners who experienced this leak...

Actually my previous ride was a soft top CLK 280 cab and I experienced some leak too esp if the washer just spray hard with the jet at my soft top and around the windows area. Now that I have a hard top cab I thought it will not be a problem which is why I didnt inform the washer at the Shell car wash.

I guess for all cab owners we need to really inform the car washers to be careful when they use the high power jets on our roof...

A bit OT but still relevant i think....

I dont have window leaks during car wash but i have read that jet washing is not good as it wears out your seals faster and can ruin your side mirrors electronics.....all because most car manufacturers dont spec and design their cars to withstand a direct water jet spray especially if it is against the direction of the drive. Some other guys even had paint work abrasion problems after very regular jet washings as the water aren't exactly HDB tap water quality.

I have experienced side mirrors electric problems immeidately after a jet wash (it screws up the folding and reverse flipping operations as the water short out the circuit, and that can link and affect your headlights somehow). My cheap reverse sensors occasionally also have problems due to same reason.

Nowadays i go for handwash or the garden hose for the car but jetwash is still necessary for the wheels if you like clean wheels and arches.

So if you have to go to a jetwash you probably can ask them to point and angle the jet towards the rear of the car when washing the body if you have leaky problems regularly. For the wheels direct blast is probably fine. And dun jet the side mirrors!! Duh!

ur car might explode tmr... and PML will say normal...

I once noticed a little leak near the A pillar on my E93 when it was raining. I sent the car to PML to rectify the problem.

When I collect my car some 10 days later, according to the Sevice Advisor, PML technician had made some window angle adjustment to resolve the leakage issue.

True to their claims, no more leakage issue since the adjustments were made.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shbetcomph

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back