EBC redstuff or Hawk (ceremic pads)

Bernie66

Hi there,

I need to change brake pad pretty soon and needed advise here.

Any1 uses EBC redstuff or hawk (both ceremic pads) before? What I realli like abt ceremic is becos of the reduced brakedust + longlife + low noise (apart from the higher price compare to metal or fiber based pads).. However, I do not know if it suits oem brake disc or have any inherent effects on them.

Thks

Re: EBC redstuff or Hawk (ceremic pads)

Bernie66;494648 said:
Hi there,

I need to change brake pad pretty soon and needed advise here.

Any1 uses EBC redstuff or hawk (both ceremic pads) before? What I realli like abt ceremic is becos of the reduced brakedust + longlife + low noise (apart from the higher price compare to metal or fiber based pads).. However, I do not know if it suits oem brake disc or have any inherent effects on them.

Thks

I've got a set of hawk brakes BNIB. Are you interested ?

Red_Bean_Bun;494972 said:
I've got a set of hawk brakes BNIB. Are you interested ?

Is it for E90 320i stock brake kit and is it performance ceremic?
If yes, pls pm me the price. Front and back?

Thks..

hello bernie66, if i'm not wrong, i know r2d do carry ebc redstuff. give them a call and check it out. cheers

i'm a cyclist. when i swap my bicycle's brake system to ceramic pads, i had to upgrade the rims (where the braking surface is) to ceramic-pad compatible ones.

hence better think twice before installing ceramic pads with stock rotors. i think they are not compatible.

Stock rotors dun work well with ceramic pads. I've experience warpin and high wear rates but that's the thing when u run performance pads on performance cars. I go thru a new set of pads every 6mths though on normal drivin. I've run green/ red/ yellow pads on my APs before on different occasion for different purposes.

Actually, the stock rotors can also warp given the right conditions. The EBC pads does increase the possibility of warpage but you can prevent it.

Why? The higher co-efficient of friction of EBC pads generates more heat compared to the stock pads and when your discs wears out, the temperature rises considerably given the lesser mass of remaining metal. The higher temps coupled to thinner discs makes the chance of warping higher.

How to prevent? DO NOT step on your brake pedal at the red lights after a very hard stop (about >140km/h to 0 at max braking). The heat remaining at the caliper and pad area cannot dissapate compared to the rest of the disc. Thus with differing cooling periods and pressure from the pads and caliper, the discs starts to warp a little. Also it helps to cool down the brakes before you go to a car wash..

cheers

Hi Rod,

I'm still thinking of getting the EBC redstuff or Hawk Performance Ceremic to couple with Zimmermann cross-drilled rotors. Dunno which is a better pair. Meanwhile, can u pls pm me the price for installation and bleeding of brake fluid?

Can u also pm the the price for changing of ATF oil using bmw original ATF. How many litres will be needed?

Thks..

Hi Bernie,

Will send you a PM tomorrow about the prices.

From a performance perspective, the zimmerman cross drilled discs does not give a performance advantage. You are paying more for no discernable performance advantage.

cheers

spam alert!

HAWK PADS ARE FUCKING NOISY.

My 2cents :)

Herman;499787 said:
HAWK PADS ARE FUCKING NOISY.

My 2cents :)

When u say noisy, are u refering to Hawk HPS or Hawk Ceremic? Hopefully its not Ceremic cos I shld be getting the sets by this week. ::uhhh:

Hi all, since we are on this topic, my front brake discs needs replacement and would like to change the disc to a cross drilled but use the stock brake pads (they are relatively new). Any disadvantages to this pairing? Am driving a E92. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubetgenin

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back