Re: ECU remapping...

Rastaman said:
Snow2dog, thanks for the info !!

No problem. Anytime, Bro.

:)

Bro have u remap ur ecu? how much hp gain n at what cost pls help thx

hi snowdog how much 2 remap ecu for e60 520i how much bhp gain any torque increase thx

eddy said:
hi snowdog how much 2 remap ecu for e60 520i how much bhp gain any torque increase thx

On the dyno chart, it shows 15hp and 13Nm increase at wheels for the E60 520i.

I PM you the price liao.

pingman said:
snowdog. does it require new chip implant? tot its reprogramming only right?
PM me for price and time required for my ride. thx.

No new chip implant required as it is a flash program.

PMed price otw...

Hi Snowdog,

recently got a resale e60 520 too...can i get the price for the tuning...
looking round for upgrades for the car...thanx...
also, how is the overal performance difference...
as in.. is the power felt only at high end or isit a smooth increase across the band...
thanks again...cheers

pingman said:
hi snowdog. does the job comes with a pre and post horse power test to see what is the gain?

If you want to see the diff in the hp, you got to go for the base dyno run before and after. But that is going to be additional costs.

ACsilver5 said:
Hi Snowdog,

recently got a resale e60 520 too...can i get the price for the tuning...
looking round for upgrades for the car...thanx...
also, how is the overal performance difference...
as in.. is the power felt only at high end or isit a smooth increase across the band...
thanks again...cheers

According to dyno graphs that we have, there is an increase in hp and torque from low to high rpm. But it is more at and after the mid range band.

Thanks snowdog...would be great if we could see some dyno results...
btw, is it a reversible mapping?
and could you pm me the price on the works...thanks again

ACsilver5 said:
Thanks snowdog...would be great if we could see some dyno results...
btw, is it a reversible mapping?
and could you pm me the price on the works...thanks again

Yes, it is reversible back to stock settings but who would want to do that if he or she is enjoying the power?

PM u liao.

snowdog said:
Yes, it is reversible back to stock settings but who would want to do that if he or she is enjoying the power?

PM u liao.

you can feel 10HP?

I am sure the bimmer engineers from Liepzig are not fools. Years of R&D with DME developers trying to squeeze as much power as possible from the motor. With BMW's marketing style in mind, they would have given you the extra HP.

It is true that toying around with the factory Fuel/Ignition map will gain some HP but only at engine specific load over a specific rpm range. But you sacrifice the smoothness of a free revving motor.

Smooth revving motor = quicker laptimes.

IMHO, money is better spent attending race driving schools, than to tweak extra peanuts from a stock motor.

CGT said:
you can feel 10HP?

I am sure the bimmer engineers from Liepzig are not fools. Years of R&D with DME developers trying to squeeze as much power as possible from the motor. With BMW's marketing style in mind, they would have given you the extra HP.

It is true that toying around with the factory Fuel/Ignition map will gain some HP but only at engine specific load over a specific rpm range. But you sacrifice the smoothness of a free revving motor.

Smooth revving motor = quicker laptimes.

IMHO, money is better spent attending race driving schools, than to tweak extra peanuts from a stock motor.

Usually, when you feel that your car rev better and a tad of better launching power, it is about 10hp. :)

Of coz bimmer engineers are not fools. :lol2:
That is also why on the newer DMEs, they make it more precise in their work and in return makes it harder for aftermarket tuners to tweak the DMEs. But if they were to put more hp into the engine, then they will spend more time and effort to do it. Which again translates into higher cost of the car manufactured.

After programming, the engine will still be smooth-revving as before. Stock motors have got lots of potentials, that is when turbo and super-charging comes into the picture. Not forgetting NOS. Of course, all these got to be done within safe specs.

one exception of course, is the 523 and the 525... if the 525 is maxed out, then potential is waiting to be realised in the 523.

oomph said:
one exception of course, is the 523 and the 525... if the 525 is maxed out, then potential is waiting to be realised in the 523.

The 523 is actually a de-tuned 525. The 525 still have potential (still not max out) to further enhance the power. Just that the 523 has got a wider gap to catch up.

when the 525 is maxed out and someone figures out how to "up-tune" 523, i'll be first in line :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebaidoithuonglove
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back