Effects on FC of Powerbox (e60)

Re: Effects on FC of Powerbox (e60)

Elixir;660128 said:
I was there in the afternoon. Fixing kw coilovers as well

oh ok, were you there or just your ride? i saw the coilover....................
Silver E60 right?

cheers

Elixir;660004 said:
Just installed pbox yesterday. Now I understand why bros say it is hard not to rev!

Yesterday, the car is abit "jerky"immediately after installation. After awhile, the delivery of power becomes smoother and more linear. And the car is raring to go! It feels like a different car. And heard that the ecru is adapting, and that it is going to get even better.

So far I'm on map 2. Good enuff for me so far. Wanna ask bros here which maps has the best balance of power , economy, smoothness and linearness?

Your inputs are much appreciated!

I'm on map 3.. but heard is no different with map 7.. so decide to use 3 instead of 7.
Really no difference?

Hi all,i had installed 1) powerbox 2) sebring exhaust 3) air scooped 4) ignition upgrade...... When i switch to map 0 or map 3 seems no different in power already.... Tested in lim chu kang from 0-100 using map 0 & map 3.....same timing ley....
Tested from 0-200 also same timing/distance....
Any bros can advice??!

Luboil;664250 said:
Can install this PB for 520i?

PBox is only meant for N52 (6 cyc) yours should be a 4 cyc engine...........can only do ECU re-flash..........

cheers

rich1199;667545 said:
Hi all,i had installed 1) powerbox 2) sebring exhaust 3) air scooped 4) ignition upgrade...... When i switch to map 0 or map 3 seems no different in power already.... Tested in lim chu kang from 0-100 using map 0 & map 3.....same timing ley....
Tested from 0-200 also same timing/distance....
Any bros can advice??!

for map 3 supposedly your trottle will more sensitive then map 7 as map 7 is without the so call SB engaged.

* it works on my ride.....as i can feel the slight difference of map 3 and map 7
cheers

Map 0 : Stock settings
Map 3 : 100% throttle w performance tuning on.

Either you did not switch the maps correctly, or the pbox / installation is faulty.

I can feel the difference immediately, especially in throttle response. Had not done ant time trial tho. Think it's better to go back to installer to check! It'll be good if you can update bros here so that we can know what can go wrong.

Yeah.. I can feel the difference instantly the moment I stepped on the pedal after the installation.. not just the throttle response alone.. but also in terms of power.............. really value for money!!

Elixir;660004 said:
Just installed pbox yesterday. Now I understand why bros say it is hard not to rev!

Yesterday, the car is abit "jerky"immediately after installation. After awhile, the delivery of power becomes smoother and more linear. And the car is raring to go! It feels like a different car. And heard that the ecru is adapting, and that it is going to get even better.

So far I'm on map 2. Good enuff for me so far. Wanna ask bros here which maps has the best balance of power , economy, smoothness and linearness?

Your inputs are much appreciated!

I am hopelessly new.

What is the cost of installing the pbox? Just got my 523i, was wondering will it improve on its sluggish start, tks.

Elixir;657933 said:
Performance gains, as per many reviews is a given. So assuming SAME driving patterns, FC will not suffer? Hopefully any bros with 525i and pbox installed can advise. Thanks

Bro I am driving E60 525ixl 09 model. Just installed the power box a few days ago. If same driving patterns FC will not suffer. Really like the power as don't have to step hard for the power a little bit will do...

Hi, will installing the powerbox affect or increase the idle rpm?

A lot people say got difference .....

XooX;687161 said:
I am hopelessly new.

What is the cost of installing the pbox? Just got my 523i, was wondering will it improve on its sluggish start, tks.

For those who had installed PowerBox,
Let's say you are driving at 60km/hr(Most likely you are on 5/6th gear). When you floor the accelerator, the car will drop gear and pull. If you floor harder immediately after the engine drop gear(you can floor harder another 1cm down if you press hard). Does your car drop gear again and pull off harder?(yes, for my car when stock, no after installing powerbox).

Hope you guys know what i am talking about. Lols.... I ask many people and many gave me a har??? when i ask if they floor harder(floor down another 1cm).

As when stock, with the above speed. the engine will further drop another gear if you floor it harder. Of course the engine will drop the gear straight to lowest gear if I had floor it all the way hard for the first time(Instead of floor two time).
Think more are getting confuse now with my English.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Can it be done on f10 535i m-sport? I heard of kellener sport... Has anybody done it before?

Arowana76;982783 said:
Can it be done on f10 535i m-sport? I heard of kellener sport... Has anybody done it before?

Powerbox are meant for non-turbo cars..............

* think a few 1 series guy on Kelleners...PM them
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups