Engine brake feeling

blackmask

Hi guys, just wanna check if anyone experience engine brake feeling when you release accelerator, recently got this feel like the car pull back when my foot comes off the accelerator macham like engine brake, going downslope the feel is even more obvious...:roll: my ride is 2006 e60 523, hitting 100k mileage. Any inputs...thanks

Re: Engine brake feeling

Hi,

Did you just car get your e60 recently? Check with site sponsor R2D Autoworks. He can check your on board pressure systems by running a diagnostic program to see if something is wrong.

Hope this helps.

Pretty normal. It downshifts for you when decelerating. Unless its down shifting too quickly for some reason.

nikon;920196 said:
Hi,

Did you just car get your e60 recently? Check with site sponsor R2D Autoworks. He can check your on board pressure systems by running a diagnostic program to see if something is wrong.

Hope this helps.

Oh yes just got the car and visited Rodney recently for oil leakage issue and some wear tear parts. Didn't highlight to him about this feel thou...but he did run a diagnostic check and never mention anything except for valvetronic error which he change also. Just feel abit weird cos change from a jipun car...never feel Luke that

Red_Bean_Bun;920206 said:
Pretty normal. It downshifts for you when decelerating. Unless its down shifting too quickly for some reason.

Thanks man...hope it's normal and I will get used to it haha

Its normal.
When you going up or down slope the computer detect the gradient, it will ;
- delay upshift when you are accelerating and
- allow faster downshift if your speed is slowing down or
- apply engine brake when you touch the brake when going down hill

Jason8822;920336 said:
Its normal.

Thanks for your advice

isn't all car got engine braking?
for example, during traffic jam and slow traffic ... tap accelerator and let go

Jason8822;920336 said:
Its normal.
In addition the engine brake is more evident when car is in sports mode. Feel lower when on comfort or Eco mode!

E60 has sports mode? How to activate? I also just got a pre-owned E60 and knows nuts about this car. Likewise, from jipun car.

I also feel the engine downshift during release, something like a jerk. Sometimes even when starting to accelerate from traffic light, the jerk also quite obvious. last time jipun car not so hard jerk...

E60 to go sports mode - push your gear lever left when in D
E gear or non E gear also same

wt_know;920494 said:
isn't all car got engine braking?
for example, during traffic jam and slow traffic ... tap accelerator and let go

Oh what I meant is when you're travelling at say 80km and then you release the accelerator, I felt the car pull back as if like the car dropped gear immediately. Cos I can't see which gear I'm on at that time so can't really tell if the car really downshift or not.

Did you try the same in manual shift mode? That will eliminate one possibility that the car downshift automatically.

Citizen69;920543 said:
E60 has sports mode? How to activate? I also just got a pre-owned E60 and knows nuts about this car. Likewise, from jipun car.

I also feel the engine downshift during release, something like a jerk. Sometimes even when starting to accelerate from traffic light, the jerk also quite obvious. last time jipun car not so hard jerk...

push the gear stick to the left of D where it shows M/S

LimPeh;920649 said:
Did you try the same in manual shift mode? That will eliminate one possibility that the car downshift automatically.

Oh yes will do that...thanks

yeshe;920660 said:
push the gear stick to the left of D where it shows M/S

Just push to the left? Then what about the +/-? Isn't it manual?

I mean, if I push to the left, then from traffic light to highway, will the gear auto change? Last time jipun is manual, if forget to upshift, then you will gear 1 all the way to highway!

So whats the diff between the Left side SPORTS mode and normal D? Sorry, ima newbie.....

Citizen69;920939 said:
Just push to the left? Then what about the +/-? Isn't it manual?

I mean, if I push to the left, then from traffic light to highway, will the gear auto change? Last time jipun is manual, if forget to upshift, then you will gear 1 all the way to highway!

So whats the diff between the Left side SPORTS mode and normal D? Sorry, ima newbie.....

Hi Citizen69,

AFAIK when push to sports mode, it goes to DS mode first.. that is Drive-Sports mode which programmed for quick shifts, hence better acceleration..

If you start moving the stick + - (up down), then mode will auto change to M which is the full manual.. in full manual, the program will still down shift for you (car engine won't die off) and you control the upshift...

Don't worry about forgetting upshift, your engine howl will remind you... if panic, just move stick back to D lor...:p

** may be incorrect above as I speak from E90 experience only... :wavey:

cheers...

armValkyrie;920945 said:
Hi Citizen69,

AFAIK when push to sports mode, it goes to DS mode first.. that is Drive-Sports mode which programmed for quick shifts, hence better acceleration..

If you start moving the stick + - (up down), then mode will auto change to M which is the full manual.. in full manual, the program will still down shift for you (car engine won't die off) and you control the upshift...

Don't worry about forgetting upshift, your engine howl will remind you... if panic, just move stick back to D lor...:p

** may be incorrect above as I speak from E90 experience only... :wavey:

cheers...

Thanks man! really learn something new everyday!!! Lucky I pump the cheapo malaysia RON97, so will try the sports out more often!

Citizen69;920949 said:
Thanks man! really learn something new everyday!!! Lucky I pump the cheapo malaysia RON97, so will try the sports out more often!

some of us actually drive in DS mode all the time ... :lol:

Morgan need to organise another E60 gathering.

Calling Morgan....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubetsbs1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back