"Engine Fault - Reduced power" warning light

icta

Hi all

2nd week with my 2010 F01. Today while accelerating above 80km/hr, the car start to vibrate and jerk. Can feel the knocking as if the gears doesn't wants to shift up.
Next moment, the warning lights comes up "Engine fault, reduced power"

While stop at traffic light, the car vibrate noticeably and the same problem persist when I try to accelerate. If I accelerate slowly and smoothly, its ok.

I switch off engine and restart, and the problem goes away. However, once I try to accelerate a little harder and usually around the 80 to 100km/hr range, the problem comes back.

Anyone experience similar before? Any advice? :helpp!:

Just saw this at bimmerfest. Anyone tried? Will try tmr. ***************************** Hi all, I've been suffering from this hesitation and jerking problem since I got my F10 three months ago. Well, today i stumbled upon a solution in this thread below. I tried it right away, and I have to admit, the accelerator is much smoother now from stop. And I'm a much happier F10 owner now than I was yesterday. Steps... 1) hit start button once to turn on power (Don't start the engine) 2) then press the accelerator down to the floor for 5 sec 3) then hit start button once to turn off power 4) then remove foot from accelerator 5) then waite for 2 minutes 4) then start the engine like normal and try it out!

icta;n1845239 said:
Just saw this at bimmerfest. Anyone tried? Will try tmr. ***************************** Hi all, I've been suffering from this hesitation and jerking problem since I got my F10 three months ago. Well, today i stumbled upon a solution in this thread below. I tried it right away, and I have to admit, the accelerator is much smoother now from stop. And I'm a much happier F10 owner now than I was yesterday. Steps... 1) hit start button once to turn on power (Don't start the engine) 2) then press the accelerator down to the floor for 5 sec 3) then hit start button once to turn off power 4) then remove foot from accelerator 5) then waite for 2 minutes 4) then start the engine like normal and try it out!

Yeah. It works for me. But after awhile, need to do again. Like having to reset your PC once in awhile to keep it running fresh.

I tried this morning. Nope, doesn't work for me.
Will send to workshop for them take a look. Hopefully, nothing too bank-breaking

Last edited by a moderator:
icta;n1845262 said:
I tried this morning. Nope, doesn't work for me.
Will send to workshop for them take a look. Hopefully, nothing too bank-breaking

Yeah, this only temporary solves a laggy transmission response, not the knocking that you are encountering.

Anyway, just to update on this. Sent for repair, assessment is ignition coil and spark plugs.
Changed and been smooth so far!

Thanks!

my previous BMW 335 have the same issue. Ended up it was the engine vanos issue. Car was under warranty but it took 1 month to repair

I had a similar issue with my F10. When doing hard accelerations, the car vibrated and then went into limp mode with a drive train fault error. The only way out of this mode is to turn off the engine and restart.

Brought the car to LTM and demonstrated the issue to them. They knew roughly what was wrong after listening to the engine. Left the car with them a few days for deeper failure analysis. Turns out to be the ignition coil misfiring under load and a cracked air intake hose.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My F10 received the dreaded "Engine Fault" error yesterday after collecting car last week. Replaced all 6 ignition coils and spark plugs and all back to normal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokhung247net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back