Engine Oil Change Recommendations

vtanwk

Hi! I would like to have the engine oil changed.bt not at PMLll...any recommendations for places that will go a good job...I have a 323....just need to do an oil change ..nothing else

thanks !

Re: Engine Oil Change Recommendations

Juzz 4 Cars at Sin Ming.

Juzz 4 Cars at Sin Ming. They use Mobil oil

BVO at Sin Ming.

They have Mobil and OWS.

Get that OWS oil..............superb!

I did mine last month at BVO using OSW oil.....good der ! While waiting can eat breakfast, read papers n TCSS with people at the kopitiam across the road....kekekeke

Hi,

Sorry leh.. Pai Sei to ask . where is BVO and what is OSW oil in full ha..

Thanks..

TripleM;141516 said:
Get that OWS oil..............superb!

Hi ! Jack.

Torco v.s. OWS which oil is better?

I have tried Torco but not OWS :(

I use MOTUL 5W40, so far so good... but its a bit expensive

BMWSILVER;150070 said:
Hi ! Jack.

Torco v.s. OWS which oil is better?

I have tried Torco but not OWS :(

heard torco is better than ows. where is carrying torco in sgp?

You can buy Torco Engine Oil from
UM2 Performance Tuning
Blk 4 Kranji Loop #01-20
Tel No 62691330

You can look for nick: Yendor too

Good stuffs.

U can try the Amsoil 5W40 European Formula, made for Euoprean-made auto mobiles.
European Car Formula
Synthetic 5W-40 Motor Oil (AFL)
AMSOIL European Car Formula Synthetic 5W-40 Motor Oil is specially formulated for the lubrication needs of modern European gasoline and diesel cars and light trucks. Formulated with advanced AMSOIL synthetic base stocks, premium additives and a 5W-40 viscosity rating, AMSOIL AFL is the preferred oil for virtually all European automobiles, especially turbo charged models. It is the only oil in North America to be recommended for the latest specifications of all three major European automakers - Volkswagen (Audi), BMW and Mercedes-Benz and the latest North American API specifications.

See Pricing Information or Place an Order

Package sizes include:

1-Quart Bottle
1-Quart Bottles (case of 12)
30-Gallon Drum
55-Gallon Drum

Product Description
AMSOIL European Car Formula Synthetic 5W-40 Motor Oil (AFL) is specially formulated for the lubrication needs of modern European gasoline and diesel cars and light trucks. Formulated with advanced AMSOIL synthetic base stocks, premium additives and a 5W-40 viscosity rating, AMSOIL AFL is the preferred oil for virtually all European automobiles, especially turbo charged models. It is the only oil in North America to be recommended for the latest specifications of all three major European automakers - Volkswagen (Audi), BMW and Mercedes-Benz and the latest North American API specifications. AMSOIL AFL is highly versatile for multiple applications.

AMSOIL, the leader in automotive synthetic lubrication, produced the world's first API qualified synthetic motor oil in 1972. Trust the extensive experience of AMSOIL "The First in Synthetics®" to do the best job protecting your engine.

Maximum Engine Protection
AMSOIL Synthetic European Car Formula contains high quality anti-wear additives and surpasses the tough ACEA oil specifications for high temperature/high shear viscosity. It provides outstanding protection in high RPM, hot running engines and delivers dependable long-term performance for the extended drain intervals set by European automakers.

Superior Engine Cleanliness
The excellent oxidation stability, heat resistance and detergency properties of AMSOIL Synthetic European Car Formula keep engines clean. It is specially designed to prevent sludge and varnish deposits for reduced oil consumption, extended engine life and maximum overall performance.

Minimizes Exhaust Emissions
AMSOIL European Car Formula is designed for newer vehicle emission control systems. It meets current industry and vehicle manufacturer requirements for long life protection of gasoline vehicle catalytic converters and diesel particulate filters (DPF).

All Season Performance
The broad 5W-40 viscosity rating, low volatility (burn-off) and wax free nature of AMSOIL Synthetic European Car Formula make it excellent for hot and cold temperatures. Engine wear is reduced, oil thickening is controlled and vehicles start easier in cold temperatures.

APPLICATION
AMSOIL Synthetic European Car Formula is formulated to surpass the most demanding European specifications. It is recommended for European and North American gasoline or diesel vehicles requiring any of the following worldwide specifications:

API SM/CF
ACEA C3-04
ACEA A3/B3-04
ACEA A3/B4-04
BMW LL-04
Mercedes Benz 229.31, 229.51
Porsche
Saab
Volvo
VW 502.00, 505.00, 505.01
MS-10725
Service Life
Recommended for the extended drain intervals established by the vehicle manufacturer or extend based on oil analysis. Change oil filter at time of oil change.

Mixing AMSOIL
AMSOIL AFL is compatible with conventional and synthetic motor oils. Mixing AMSOIL motor oils with other oils, however, will shorten the life expectancy and reduce the performance benefits. AMSOIL does not support extended drain intervals where oils have been mixed. Aftermarket oil additives are not recommended for use with AMSOIL motor oils.

Health & Safety
This product is not expected to cause health concerns when used for the intended application and according to the recommendations in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). An MSDS is available upon request at 715-392-7101 or on the AMSOIL Website. Keep Out of Reach of Children. Don't pollute. Return used oil to collection centers.

TYPICAL TECHNICAL PROPERTIES
European Car Formula Synthetic 5W-40 Motor Oil (updated as of 12/05) AFL

Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)

Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)
Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270)
Viscosity CCS, cP @ °C (ASTM D-5293)
5204 (-30)
Flash Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)
230 (446)
Fire Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)
246 (474)
Pour Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-97) -42 (-44)
Noack Volatility, % weight loss (g/100g) (ASTM D-5800)
Four Ball Wear Test (ASTM D-4172B @ 40 kg, 75°C, 1200 rpm, 1 hr), Scar, mm
Total Base Number 8.0
HTHS (cP) (ASTM D-4683) 3.7

Anyone tried the new Texas Revolution Titanium Special?? Heard it's based on nanotechnology.

MysticBlue,

Yes, I've herad of the Titanium oil. There are two types available, with another one under testing which will be available soon.

I'm using Titanium Plus, benefits are (1) better fuel economy, (2) reduced engine noise and (3) a bit more power as compared to the stock oil.

I'm driving an E90 320, changed at 2500km. By the way, they'll be having a product launch end of this month at Expo, I believe. I'll be going for it. Lastly, I'm not affliated to this company or anything. Was recommeded to use this oil so I tried it, and I feel it is quite good, but expensive.

Cheers!

vtanwk;141044 said:
Hi! I would like to have the engine oil changed.bt not at PMLll...any recommendations for places that will go a good job...I have a 323....just need to do an oil change ..nothing else

thanks !

i do mine every 5000km. BVO with OWS. best oil with best service! ask for ah wee. :)

Guys,
Just want to share the shiok of the feeling and smooth engine roar with the OWS Racing spec engine oil changed at BVO, already done 6K and still damn freaking shiok....lah,

Regards
Mus

mustaffalj;158823 said:
Guys,
Just want to share the shiok of the feeling and smooth engine roar with the OWS Racing spec engine oil changed at BVO, already done 6K and still damn freaking shiok....lah,

Regards
Mus

Really? How much did BVO charge for that? I am thinking of changing the oil for my 320, already did 16k, dun feel secure letting it run to 25 k before changing.

Also how long did it take? Thanks

Any bro tried 5w30 engine before??? My colleague changed to this and it's definately more responsive on his ride. Just worried it might damaged the pistons as the oil is lighter... Any bro like to share on this? I heard from him PML is using 5w50 engine oil...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k8cc01bet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back