Engine oil for e60

Re: Engine oil for e60

Go for Mobil 1 0W-40 but importantly it has to be certified BMW LL01 or LL04. Castrol sport edge is good too.

jlwk;870835 said:
Go for Mobil 1 0W-40 but importantly it has to be certified BMW LL01 or LL04. Castrol sport edge is good too.
LL-01 is 0-40;
LL-01FE/LL-04: 5-30

That, my friends, is the highest form of spoonfeeding....

I actually called into PML once to check. They said if need to top up, just any brand will do, as long as fully synthetic and 0w-40 or 5w-40.

Juz realised my e60 pre LCI is hving the oil eating problem....

Went to NTUC to buy Castrol Edge 0-40W, $99 (4L) before 20% discount. (NTUC hving sales nw storewide...)

Mobile 0-40W is $29.90 (1L) before 20% discount.

Then i pour the oil in... Made a mess ... Anyway... Top up Engine Oil light is gone...

So see how it goes from here...

BTW, bros... I top up abt 1L +... Idrive reads MAX liao..
Which means we will nvr knw how much service mechanic pour in rite??

Glad to know that NTUC has discounts. But it's still damn expensive....

jlwk;871869 said:
Glad to know that NTUC has discounts. But it's still damn expensive....

Carrefour is having sale for Mobil 1 0W40 at $10.90/ quart. If you deem is still expensive, then I don't know how to help you.

pReTeNd3r;871913 said:
Carrefour is having sale for Mobil 1 0W40 at $10.90/ quart. If you deem is still expensive, then I don't know how to help you.
If it stil expensive, buy knife cooking oil.:D:D

Someone recommended to me Martini engine oil. Any bros used this before and does it burn off fast?
I thought Martini only good for chill out in a bar with a nice chick :)

dbaywatch;871109 said:
which means.. :shakemyb:

I Google and found this;

Required maintenance work or services should be performed for your vehicle by your authorized BMW center. BMW High Performance Synthetic Oil is recommended for scheduled engine oil changes.
BMW High Performance SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Oil* (BMW part number 07 51 0 017 866)

* Does not apply to M vehicles – see below

BMW recommends that you check your engine oil level whenever you add fuel to your vehicle.

If you need to add oil between oil changes and BMW High Performance Synthetic Oil is unavailable, you may top up the oil level with one of the following approved synthetic oils. For information on checking your engine oil level refer to your vehicle’s Owner’s Manual.

The oils listed below meet BMW’s Long-life rating and are acceptable for use in BMW Passenger vehicles and SAVs in the US market with gasoline engines.

BMW Long-life rating LL-01 Approved Synthetic Oils for the US Market:
•Castrol Syntec European Formula SAE 0W-30
•Mobil 1 SAE 0W-40
•Pennzoil Platinum European Formula Ultra SAE 5W-30
•Valvoline SynPower SAE 5W-30

Use only oils with an API rating of SM or higher.

The choice of the right SAE grade is based on the climatic conditions in the region in which you normally drive your BMW.

To best determine which SAE grade is best suited for your vehicle, contact an authorized BMW center.

Last edited by a moderator:
LL-01 has better lubricating properties than LL-04 as LL-04 is Low SAP rating requirement for emission passing. I believe zinc is one key ingredient which is lower in LL-04.
I will stay with LL-04 types and 5w-40 preferred due to our higher temp than a 5w-30 if I can.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n5rdorg

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back