Engine Oil Help !!

Re: Engine Oil Help !!

sch21;402234 said:
Hi guys..

finally came back from the servicing at PML and after much thoughts decided to go back there for a piece of mind as the car is still under warranty.

The oil change cost ard $270 and the 325i is running like a horse again.. put it to test on a highway and the pickup was back to what i first bought the car for...

while at PML, i spoke to the technician guy there, whom saw my RFT and mentioned that the threads were wearing off.. true enough i normally do not pay much attention to my tires but on close look the front 2 tyres were indeed almost flat.. so i had to change the two front RFTs as well, total damage another $980. The total bill came up to $1290 there abt

Just some thoughts... do outside workshop carry RFTs and change them? Also, i understand that i am still under the PML warranty but in the bill, they included the $22 for the servicing, which the sales guy said was for resetting the On board computer and also the labour for changing oil ard $30 i think. Although these amts are small compared to the total bill, just thinking what does the 3 yr warranty really do cover and do not cover?

For starters, oil change does not affect warranty. I have only done my oil change once at PML. Nonetheless, you are right, peace of mind. Remember to purchase one extra bottle of PML's Castrol Oil.

Re the tyres, its a little too late to ask for advise now since you have already changed the tyres but if you drive majority of the time in Singapore, just get normal tyres, you will find them a lot more comfortable than the RFT, and cheaper too. If you are paranoid about getting a flat, then get a spare tyre. But in Singapore, a quick call to AA would sort that out pretty quickly.

Sounds like PML went to the laundry with you.

Thanks guys for the helpful tips.... guess next round of servicing on tire change i will visit the outside shops...

sch21;402234 said:
while at PML, i spoke to the technician guy there, whom saw my RFT and mentioned that the threads were wearing off.. true enough i normally do not pay much attention to my tires but on close look the front 2 tyres were indeed almost flat.. so i had to change the two front RFTs as well, total damage another $980. The total bill came up to $1290 there abt

just wondering...
what's your mileage on these tyres?
your RFT were "almost flat" or "threads were wearing off"?

cheers

milegae abt 36k... thread were wearing off... .. not botak yet but left a 2-3 cm each on the sides

sch21;402390 said:
milegae abt 36k... thread were wearing off... .. not botak yet but left a 2-3 cm each on the sides

cm or mm?
sounds like you should have changed them some time ago...
what about your rears? did you rotate them ie move the front to the back and vice versa before?

cos it's odd that the fronts are worn before the rears...

FYI, thread wear is not really about how "botak" the tire is but more the depth of each thread. by the time the thread nearest the edge is gone, it's pretty dangerous to be driving on the tires, especially in the wet... (DSC can only help so much) Better check your rears, assuming they're the same mileage as your previous fronts.

cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinggroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back