Engine Oil

Re: Engine Oil

vngooi;357431 said:
....no...according to PML...1st service at 12,000 km....

:yikess: :yikess: :juggle:

i have not been to PML for eons, but if i remember correctly, they use castrol.

j4c uses mobil.

have used both before, and spc and shell, etc. etc. these are pretty sufficient for normal driving.

oru can get torco at r2d. it costs a little more, but the stuff is good. just read the posts in the forum.

if it's not for the initial running-in of the engine. and you'd most probably find that the labour cost at r2d is cheaper.

i service mine every 7000kms

jinooi, can't join at 9am there cause no slots available. I am booked for 4pm tomorrow.

hi guys,

i did my servicing at BVO, they used OWS 5w50. dragging the engine, less responsive, dont know why.

read about the castrol and mobil-1. both match the BMW LL01

check with pml, they say they use castrol slx, 0w40. i tried mobil-1 0w40 today, engine lighter and more responsive, just go to exonmobil kiosk, but 4L and they just change oil, labour only SGD15. Some how the engine is not as bitting as before...

is it becos i did a engine flush? they change the fuel hose, breather hose and spark plug (bosch S4) for me too? wonder would it affect the engine performance.

how good is tarco? what's the sae oil grade? anyone can share comparison?

or should i just go back to pml for their "unique" oil?

Thanks Pal,

Already made appt to do oil service at R2D today.

Trip computer says 1st svc at 15K and next svc at 25K.....
Anyway, i top up 2L in between svc.....coz mine burns 1L for every 3 to 4Km and mine's only 4 -pot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back