• alfa?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • jaguar?

• volvo?

• Total voters

Tom

i'm sorry, i'm voting for BMWs cos i practically married to mine.

but among all of those you posted, i love the BMW's engine note most. but it's quite subjective since you didn't provide the criterias.

Alfas do make some cool sounding boxers.

you have to hear what a 540i with the ACS exhaust sounding like.
absolutely brutal. of course, then there are the M cars and the V12 models. but for this part of the market, we'll just talk about the sixers.

all of BMWs sixers are sweet. even sweeter is when they sound pretty raw and rough with mods done.

The BMW 6 cylinder engines are the sweetest sounding... especially the M3 engines... those are really intoxicating man.. :drool:

M3 never heard b4, but i know merc engine does not give out loud sound at all. Anyone heard AMG engine? Alfa is good too i heard the gta.
3 series is there a difference in sound between 318, 320,325,330?

BMW M3 CSL when it is hauling ass

I voted for BMW,

HOWEVER, i nearly voted for the Alfa too. It has a sort of mellowed italian ferrari note to it, sat in my teacher's super old boxy alfa which was still running on a carb engine and the damm thing sounded like a ferrari! (over 12 years ago.)

I had the good fortune of hearing 3 M3s.....at full throttle - at one go....one with standard exhaust, one with ACS and the other with Tubi. The Tubi is raw...like the Ferrari.

Agree with Tom - that the ACS is the best.

To KNN - can speak on your question as I have owned all 318, 320 and 330. There is a lot of differences in the exhaust note amongst the three ( this could be due to the engine displacement - I am not an expert on that ) :thumbsup:

MYSTIC said:
I had the good fortune of hearing 3 M3s.....at full throttle - at one go....one with standard exhaust, one with ACS and the other with Tubi. The Tubi is raw...like the Ferrari.

To KNN - can speak on your question as I have owned all 318, 320 and 330. There is a lot of differences in the exhaust note amongst the three ( this could be due to the engine displacement - I am not an expert on that ) :thumbsup:

Agreed, Tubi gives the rawest sound... but depends on what you like...

The BMW 4 potters (318) are nothing much to rave about... in fact, some people say that the current valvetronic sounds like a taxi.... the inline 6s are something else... they have a nicer sound maybe because the engines are perfectly balanced...

MRacer77 said:
MYSTIC said:

Agreed, Tubi gives the rawest sound... but depends on what you like...

The BMW 4 potters (318) are nothing much to rave about... in fact, some people say that the current valvetronic sounds like a taxi.... the inline 6s are something else... they have a nicer sound maybe because the engines are perfectly balanced...
Haha my non-valvetronic 318 sure didn't sound like a taxi! It sounded like crap. ahahahahah

but on the insides it was pretty acceptable. lol

!*@#^!@ eh next time drive your v8 or 2.0T to the meetup.. i want to taxi :furious:

MRacer77 said:
Can sure... for you bro, anything man! :thumbsup: but whats 2.0t?
Hahaha YOU SAY ONE AH!

Okay, i need your M for the weekend pleaseeeeeeee..hehe j/k.

2.0t... the lightning? or..you sold it off liao.

No more lightning man... replaced by a blue STI kinda thing you got in your sig....

MRacer77 said:
No more lightning man... replaced by a blue STI kinda thing you got in your sig....
ARGH IM JEALOUS. :furious: :furious: :furious:

haha soon soon...

The nicest engine note I heard was from the old alfas. Those were the best sounding among all the cars I heard. Its alittle bassy at the low revs and progresses to a very raspy note at high revs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back