Engine Sputtering

jooggie

Hi, I drive a E90 320i. I experienced this twice in the past 3 weeks. The first time after driving, I reverse the car to park. As I engage the gear in Park, the engine sputtered then died. I had no problems firing up the engine again. The second time, my engine nearly died after I engaged Park. The rev dropped momentarily then went back to normal idling speed. I just sent in my car for 1st service before CNY. Anyone knows what the issue could be? I only pump Esso 98. Thanks.

Re: Engine Sputtering

Get your spark plug check.

I would suggest you send back to PML to check. Most prob due to iginition coil which is quite common for E90. If its still under warrenty get it replaced. Don't think its due to the petrol that you put in.

Thanks both for your advice. I've already reported the problem to PML but as usual, they're not free to deal with it, so I've got to wait.

jooggie;197925 said:
Thanks both for your advice. I've already reported the problem to PML but as usual, they're not free to deal with it, so I've got to wait.

joogie
did u manage to get the engine sputtering problem solve?

jooggie;195986 said:
Hi, I drive a E90 320i. I experienced this twice in the past 3 weeks. The first time after driving, I reverse the car to park. As I engage the gear in Park, the engine sputtered then died. I had no problems firing up the engine again. The second time, my engine nearly died after I engaged Park. The rev dropped momentarily then went back to normal idling speed. I just sent in my car for 1st service before CNY. Anyone knows what the issue could be? I only pump Esso 98. Thanks.

My man, refer to my posts at

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-whats-happening-my-bmw/17275-e90-320i-engine-stall.html

I had exactly the same problems except that sometimes my engine dies while my gear is engaged at "D". Fuel pump, valvetronic replaced. After that, nothing happened... But i feel that mine is gonna get a relapse soon.

guys
I have had incident in which whilst reversing the car the engine just went dead. However , when reversing without stepping on the brake the car seems to be fine. It is as if the fuel deprived when I step on the brake.Obviously, the car is moving too fast when reversing without braking. Also, when the car is parked for a long period of time esp when it is cold (after raining) the stalling seems to be likely to occur
So far it seems to run fine..touch wood

hi megatnh,

Nope, my problem has not been solved yet. It doesn't happen very often. When I left my car with PML for a week, the problem did not occur, so they just assume it's a one off thing that won't recurr.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w88diy
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back