Engine start (Cold) & Warm Idle Rattling Noise [F30 318i]

Lengendaryl

Hi all,

I have a 2016 F30 318i. After a few months of driving it, I've noticed a few things. Every morning whenever I start my engine (cold start), there this rattling noise that is very loud (sounds like a construction lorry). When it idles and warms up just a little more, the noise reduces however it is still very prominent and many of my friends kept telling me that my car is very loud during idle and suspect something is wrong.
However whenever I bring in to PML, they always tell me its normal etc...

Tried searching online and other country forum posts mentioned something about valve clicking?

The sound can be heard from this sample video from 00:25 sec to 00:29:

It's like a chuck chuck chuck click sound

Does anyone have any idea on how i can deal with this as well as with PML on this issue?

Much help and advises would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have a 2016 F30 318i. After a few months of driving it, I've noticed a few things. Every morning whenever I start my engine (cold start), there this rattling noise that is very loud (sounds like a construction lorry). When it idles and warms up just a little more, the noise reduces however it is still very prominent and many of my friends kept telling me that my car is very loud during idle and suspect something is wrong.

Tried searching online and other country forum posts mentioned something about valve clicking?

Does anyone have any idea on how i can deal with this as well as with PML on this issue?

Hi, can I know how did you resolved this issue in the end?..

Hi all,

The rattling sound could be due to the turbo wastage.

I had similar sound when cold start every morning or start after parking for few hours. Is it normal as it sounds like Diesel engine like taxi.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88betcomvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back