Engine Swap (Auto to Manual)

jest1081

Hi guys,

need help.
Dad handed me over an old 92 registered Mitsubishi GLX 1.8 (A)

im intending to swap her current 4cyl heart with a newer 2L with manual tranny.

But the workshop i tok to is ready to swap a 2l but not willing to do a manual tranny swap...
he say i will get into trouble...during inspection

what are the ways to legally get this done? or what are the ways i can avoid this issue?

thanks!

Re: Engine Swap (Auto to Manual)

tranny wise, i think can apply to LTA for conversion but the engine part a bit tricky cos its not allowed...haha.
wait they inspect the tranny and then u get caught for the engine swap instead wor

haiz....

guys,
is there no workarounds for this?

:confused:

the auto tranny is crap dying liouz and im not keen on using a new auto tranny.
say if i dun do the engine swap first, just change tranny can?

who to look for?

the lta rep told me must get invoice from supp/mechanic and an approval from C&C...

TIA!

do a auto to manual conversion, get it approved 1st.
then ... engine .... shhhhh

thanks for the input,
but how do i get it approved?

really got to to to cycle and carriage (mitsubishi) or can i get it done by mechanic then get C&C to approve?

If i'm not wrong........... Changing from Auto to Manual does not need any approval.
The only down point is that manual resale value will be lower then auto on certain models depending on market demands... eg. which BIG BOSS of the a company will buy a manual S Class W220??

As for Manual to Auto... most of the owners will go and get it certify from LTA as vice versa car value will goes up.........

need paperwork lo but i think the workshop doing that for u can settle that for a fee.
try looking for those selling recon trannys or u want to look for a brand new one.
be prepared for the cost though

actually plan is to swap a full engine with tranny and ecu...coz my engine...is really old.
over haul maybe? but i prefer to swap with a similar 4pot 2L

im hitting a road block with auto-tranny tho...
just felt like...i wanna screw the rules and just change the whole thing one shot...but no balls.

need some bros who have inside info or gone thru the process to advise

try looking for those selling recon trannys or u want to look for a brand new one.

honestly any 'cheap' manual tranny for conversion will do and as long as lta know that my ride is now a manual ride, then OK liouz,
problem is no workshop i approach willing to go thru the length...well, none so far

once that is cleared, i am planning to mount 4G63 in her.

Ask around.............. most owners nvr did get any approval or paper work done.....
There will not be any issues on annual car inspections etc..... UNLESS u get into a MAJOR accident !!! Car request un repairable or accident that killed someone (touch wood).....

You could ask WEECH... I think he just change from his auto to a manual tranny... Did he get approval?? Did he get paper work done???

ahh, ok. thanks milk! ill find out!

to all bros thanks for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
connectivityweek
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back